Teams at the Ryan Tournament?

NashvilleRef

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... You sir are blaming a school for what their wrestlers do. Do you think Coach Gordo teaches his kids to do this in the room. As I recall, from watching the match online, the second time Hooker's shoe came off they made him take injury time to put it back on. Why are you taking credit away from a kid that fought hard to win this tourney? Dont tell me that Hooker is the only kid in the state who has had his shoe come off twice in one match. As for the Head Butting that just comes from a wrestlers will to win. Any kid that has been on the mat, and wants to win, will go out there hard and try and beat their opponent no matter what. If it takes a little bump of the head every now and then then they will do it. If I was taught correctly it takes two heads to butt, and both heads absorb the impact. There are several other schools out there who get away with yanking fingers back one at a time to break a grip (Baylor) and head butting, every team gets away with some stuff. Of course nobody gets away with biting, but that stuff just comes from a kids will to win. After the kid gets punished for biting like Alex Manley did he should get applauded for wanting to win so bad, that he will taint his reputation to do something like that.

WOW! Thank you, I see this issue runs way past the kids and the coaches. Maybe that is what is being taught at home. Must be, because not all the kids on that team act that way. Some are actually great kids.

As for the shoe. Say what you want. This is a well thought out plan, that happens year after year. If you don't believe me, just watch last years FR finals match. Happened then too. Coincidence? Twice that I know of on camera, and other times I've witnessed and heard about.

As for the head butt. You need some serious help. If you feel that kids have to do what they have to do to win. Then I guess either I don't get this sport, or you don't. My guess is, that it's you. And maybe that is they kid did it, because people like you tell him it's ok. But let me help you out here. This is not a fight, it's wrestling (or rasslin'). Two guys get on the mat to find out who is the better fighter, not cheater. If this were about just winning, then there wouldn't be any rules. And I know that if any boy on our team would have done something like that, they wouldn't be seeing any mat time for a while.

WOW! Thank you, I see this issue runs way past the kids and the coaches. Maybe that is what is being taught at home. Must be, because not all the kids on that team act that way. Some are actually great kids.

As for the shoe. Say what you want. This is a well thought out plan, that happens year after year. If you don't believe me, just watch last years FR finals match. Happened then too. Coincidence? Twice that I know of on camera, and other times I've witnessed and heard about.

As for the head butt. You need some serious help. If you feel that kids have to do what they have to do to win. Then I guess either I don't get this sport, or you don't. My guess is, that it's you. And maybe that is they kid did it, because people like you tell him it's ok. But let me help you out here. This is not a fight, it's wrestling (or rasslin'). Two guys get on the mat to find out who is the better fighter, not cheater. If this were about just winning, then there wouldn't be any rules. And I know that if any boy on our team would have done something like that, they wouldn't be seeing any mat time for a while.

well..for one you just contradicted yourself, this isn't a fight, but two guys get on the mat to find out who is the better fighter?

second off, hooker is a great wrestler so do not take anything away from him, yes he is a dirty wrestler, but i have seen many dirty wrestlers. i have seen a match on youtube where cyler sanderson purposely does a finish from a single leg that takes off his opponents shoe. there are many ways that you can be known as a dirty wrestler. but you cannot say that that is the ONLY reason why he won that match. he is a great wrestler. and i have heard the phrase, "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin." I have seen very many people stall on purpose while they are winning. does this mean that you take away the win from them? no, you simply get over it and wrestle. there are many cheating tactics that EVERYONE does, i bet there are ALOT of schools that have there own tactics, but just because you know what hooker does doesnt mean that you can down on his success. did you not notice that when he kicked off his shoe the ref kicked it aside and kept them wrestling? right after he kicked it off the first time johnson got a reversal, so you surely cannot blame the loss on the shoe coming off. and the second time, he kicked it off, and the ref kicked it aside again, then they stopped it and they said if they come off again then there giving johnson a point.

well..for one you just contradicted yourself, this isn't a fight, but two guys get on the mat to find out who is the better fighter?

second off, hooker is a great wrestler so do not take anything away from him, yes he is a dirty wrestler, but i have seen many dirty wrestlers. i have seen a match on youtube where cyler sanderson purposely does a finish from a single leg that takes off his opponents shoe. there are many ways that you can be known as a dirty wrestler. but you cannot say that that is the ONLY reason why he won that match. he is a great wrestler. and i have heard the phrase, "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin." I have seen very many people stall on purpose while they are winning. does this mean that you take away the win from them? no, you simply get over it and wrestle. there are many cheating tactics that EVERYONE does, i bet there are ALOT of schools that have there own tactics, but just because you know what hooker does doesnt mean that you can down on his success. did you not notice that when he kicked off his shoe the ref kicked it aside and kept them wrestling? right after he kicked it off the first time johnson got a reversal, so you surely cannot blame the loss on the shoe coming off. and the second time, he kicked it off, and the ref kicked it aside again, then they stopped it and they said if they come off again then there giving johnson a point.

should have proof read my post I guess. I meant, they are there to find out who is the better wrestler.

Just because others do it, doesn't make it right. And I'll respond to your quote with the one "if everyone is jumping off a bridge, should you?"

should have proof read my post I guess. I meant, they are there to find out who is the better wrestler.

Just because others do it, doesn't make it right. And I'll respond to your quote with the one "if everyone is jumping off a bridge, should you?"

i not saying i would jump, im saying give him the credit for having the balls to jump.

I was there yesterday, and Hooker definetly did not jump off a bridge? He was wrestling in the finals? There wasnt a bridge there... You all must be confused

There was a bridge there but the water below was frozen.

Also if I am not mistaken the ref did not kick the shoe out of the way he threw it to the coach.

i meant it figuratively, as in he did not stop the match.

I was there yesterday, and Hooker definetly did not jump off a bridge? He was wrestling in the finals? There wasnt a bridge there... You all must be confused

Also if I am not mistaken the ref did not kick the shoe out of the way he threw it to the coach.

basically threw it at him, and not to him

i meant it figuratively, as in he did not stop the match.

You are right he stoped the match later when he said his shoulder was hurt. Not to talk bad about the kid but for the love of god the apple did not fall far from the tree.

For all you wrestling rules gurus out there, is there anything about shoes coming off during a match similar to the situation where a kid has a headgear that keeps coming loose. In a close finals match yesterday, a McCallie kid's shoe came off twice. As I recall, both times I think he was on bottom---it did not come off in a shot-----and I don't think it came off from the other wrestler grabbing hold of it either. Both times it just seemed to slip off, like maybe it was not tied tight enough. The match was stopped both times to let him put it back on. I realize that the head gear is a little bit different because it is a safety factor. The shoe doesn't seem to be the same issue . So could the ref just have let the match continue until it came to a natural break? It seemed to me that on both occasions the opposing wrestler lost his advantage by having the break and then going back to center match. If it were to have continued happening, could a penalty point be awarded? I have seen refs tell a kid after a loose headgear has become a problem to get one from someone else or it would cost him a point.

the person would be one Michael Hooker. And this is not the first time this has happened. Not the second, third or forth. And no one is doing a thing about it. Yesterday in that match, the 2nd time it happened, he did it himself.

Some of the tactics used by this school's kids are way out of control, and the school's admin needs to take a long hard look at their wrestling program. From blatant head butts, to the constant kicking off of one's own shoe. Among other things that goes on. I can't believe for the life of me, that anyone would want their school's name put out there like this.

Ridiculous!

Wow... You sir are blaming a school for what their wrestlers do. Do you think Coach Gordo teaches his kids to do this in the room. As I recall, from watching the match online, the second time Hooker's shoe came off they made him take injury time to put it back on. Why are you taking credit away from a kid that fought hard to win this tourney? Dont tell me that Hooker is the only kid in the state who has had his shoe come off twice in one match. As for the Head Butting that just comes from a wrestlers will to win. Any kid that has been on the mat, and wants to win, will go out there hard and try and beat their opponent no matter what. If it takes a little bump of the head every now and then then they will do it. If I was taught correctly it takes two heads to butt, and both heads absorb the impact. There are several other schools out there who get away with yanking fingers back one at a time to break a grip (Baylor) and head butting, every team gets away with some stuff. Of course nobody gets away with biting, but that stuff just comes from a kids will to win. After the kid gets punished for biting like Alex Manley did he should get applauded for wanting to win so bad, that he will taint his reputation to do something like that.

Mccallie consistantly takes "injury time" that seems odd and out of place, and Hookers shoe came off when he wrestled manley two years ago. It also came off multiple times against Doster last year. Also, I thought the call against manley in the Mccallie invite was ruled a crossface through the mouth and not a bite. I dont think he served a suspension .