Teams at the Ryan Tournament?

NashvilleRef

kiki11

Actually I don't have a team but enjoy reading the posts. I have read on many of the posts where top teams dodge certain teams and was wondering if the same applied in this case. I know Pat personally,

probably better than you, and would pose the same question to him. In fact, I will do that the next time I see him. It seems as though the odds are stacked in Ryan's favor this year.

Let me get this straight you know Pat personally but you get on here on another thread and trash the school he coaches and his brother too. :thumb:

:D Glad I do not know you personally. :ph34r:

Dave Thomas

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly rasslinlite, kiki if you really think the odds are stacked in Ryan's favor this year you obviously have no idea who is going to be there and what they are capable of. This year McCallie and the Brothers out of Memphis are both considered very formidable foes and will give Ryan all they can handle at this tournament and both easily have the potential to win this tournament, which is why they are invited to bring good, hard competition.

Jeez Ironman are you still at it......well ok I suppose I can spell this out to you, just because Soddy could afford to go to PA a few years ago does not mean they have the funds to do it now. Soddy is in a rural community that has been hit hard by the reccession. The wrestling team could have the full support of the community, but if the funds are not there, they simply aren't there. Plus its hard to get the extra money from donars when your team is not as good, if I remember right they went up to PA in the 2006-07 season when they were "loaded" with talent (Roberson, Lettner, etc), now go slither back into your hole.

Say what you want about the field ironman, the Ryan invitational is still one of the most competitve indy tournaments in the state. I understand that Mccallie has a deeper field but how can you say that the there is a lack of competition at a tournament when it has already been pointed out that 3 of the top 5 teams in the state are going to be there? Not to mention that there will be studs there who arent on top ranked teams (i.e. Jeremy Miller) that add depth because it is an INDIVIDUAL tournament.

Also, I'm not sure that I would be ready to crown Ryan just yet. I see things being very competitive amonst the top three here.

Boy I'm glad In Hockey and MRW are my best buddies now.

If you go thru and look at the ranked rasslers that will be at The Purple Invite, weak is not a word that pops to my tiny brain. I look forward to several potential match-ups, especially in the 112lb class. Individuals make for great tournaments not just teams.

And I think that the EBE will be the favorite in this tournament, because wrestle90 hasn't peeped a word, and you know what they say about a sleeping dog.( not that your a dog 90 )

The Soddy By God tourney is the same weekend, and when they post the schools that will be participating I hope you mention how weak this tourney is. Cause TBSFMAW will be there and everyone knows that they bring a plate full plus dessert to the table.

Happy New Year

bcb iii :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly rasslinlite, kiki if you really think the odds are stacked in Ryan's favor this year you obviously have no idea who is going to be there and what they are capable of. This year McCallie and the Brothers out of Memphis are both considered very formidable foes and will give Ryan all they can handle at this tournament and both easily have the potential to win this tournament, which is why they are invited to bring good, hard competition.

Jeez Ironman are you still at it......well ok I suppose I can spell this out to you, just because Soddy could afford to go to PA a few years ago does not mean they have the funds to do it now. Soddy is in a rural community that has been hit hard by the reccession. The wrestling team could have the full support of the community, but if the funds are not there, they simply aren't there. Plus its hard to get the extra money from donars when your team is not as good, if I remember right they went up to PA in the 2006-07 season when they were "loaded" with talent (Roberson, Lettner, etc), now go slither back into your hole.

Actually with merger of the two independent metropolises of Soddy and Daisy many years ago, the residents now prefer to think of themselves as cosmopolitan as opposed to rural.

Say what you want about the field ironman, the Ryan invitational is still one of the most competitve indy tournaments in the state. I understand that Mccallie has a deeper field but how can you say that the there is a lack of competition at a tournament when it has already been pointed out that 3 of the top 5 teams in the state are going to be there? Not to mention that there will be studs there who arent on top ranked teams (i.e. Jeremy Miller) that add depth because it is an INDIVIDUAL tournament.

Also, I'm not sure that I would be ready to crown Ryan just yet. I see things being very competitive amonst the top three here.

I hear Greenback (i.e. Jeremy Miller) isn't coming this year.

Where is St. Thomas More?

I am pretty sure that is a team out of IL. If it is then I have only found solid information on one wrestler. They have the #2 ranked 112 in IL smallest division (1A). He finished 4th last year at 112 and is a senior.

They don't have any other wrestlers ranked in IL 1A.

I am pretty sure that is a team out of IL. If it is then I have only found solid information on one wrestler. They have the #2 ranked 112 in IL smallest division (1A). He finished 4th last year at 112 and is a senior.

I don't think they are the St. Thomas More from IL unless they have changed their schedule.

http://www.hs-stm.org/index.php/ath_wrestle/

I don't think they are the St. Thomas More from IL unless they have changed their schedule.

http://www.hs-stm.org/index.php/ath_wrestle/

Through a quick search on the NWCA site it has been found that there is indeed a second St. Thomas More High School out of Louisiana. I would assume it will be them as the schedule for the IL team doesn't show it.

Haven't had time to research any LA rankings... they aren't as easy to find as the IL.