Teams at the Ryan Tournament?

NashvilleRef

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Ironman, since you decided to crawl your way out of your hole today I will address each of the teams you mention:

Clarksville- usually a good team historically is down this year, plus i can't remember the last time they came.

Fort Campbell- never busted into the top ten at the tourney (but had a stud 2-3 years ago Zack something or another) so yeah this tourney sucks without FT Campbell there.

Houston- Same as Ft. Campbell (Brandon Wright was there lone stud).

Soddy- Everyone knows they are down, but Steve Henry will have them back, plus they havent attended the tourney in years because they go to GP West

so........crawl back to your hole you worthless bottom feeder and next time you come out of it make some decent points.

Wow Ironman, since you decided to crawl your way out of your hole today I will address each of the teams you mention:

Clarksville- usually a good team historically is down this year, plus i can't remember the last time they came.

Fort Campbell- never busted into the top ten at the tourney (but had a stud 2-3 years ago Zack something or another) so yeah this tourney sucks without FT Campbell there.

Soddy- Everyone knows they are down, but Steve Henry will have them back, plus they havent attended the tourney in years because they go to GP West

so........crawl back to your hole you worthless bottom feeder and next time you come out of it make some decent points.

"Ward, you are being a little hard on the Beaver aren't you"

Kiki, why are you interested in knowing if Baylor and Bradley are invited, your team not good enough to knock off the top dogs at the ryan tournament, you need another team to do the job for you?

Since I have already gone out on a limb today and have had to spell things out for ironman, I suppose I can do likewise for you. Baylor is always invited, but they refuse to come, this year for good reason they are going to a tough national tournament in Minnesoata.

Bradley is also welcome Coach Simpson will never turn down good competition.

In Hoc,

I totally agree with your assessment, I was already working up a very similar response in my head prior to scrolling down to read yours.

However, you probably slighted Houston a little much, they have had a few studs besides Brandon Wright over the past decade or so. Of course, I am sure that some of the other teams could make similar statements.

Not sure what Ironman wants... you can't have all of the top teams in the same tournament every year. Each coach sets a schedule that they believe will help them achieve a goal (for many that goal is winning state, others maybe smaller, short-term goals). Not to mention that many coaches will occasionally rotate tournaments in and out of their schedule... it gets boring attending the same events with the same teams every year. Seeing new looks from different competition is a good thing and one reason why many tournaments never have the exact same field every year. Teams do have tournaments that they always attend and that is why often it will be the same teams occupying the top 10 minus the occasional team that chooses to attend for a single year to give a tournament a test drive.

Just the thoughts of one bystander who is very much looking forward to the upcoming Father Ryan Invitational!

I am not trying to compare Ryan's tournament with McCallie's there two completely different beasts with McCallie's tournament being obviously harder (anyone that knows wrestling in TN knows that, obviously you don't) because the best from Tn are there along with the best North Georgia has to offer as well, while the Ryan tournament mainly pulls from Middle TN and somewhat from Memphis as well.

As for GP West being the following weekend regarding Soddy, we all know your school, Brentwood Academy, has the funds not only to travel anywhere they wish for any sport, but also the means to recruit good athletes (even though it hasn't helped them lately), Soddy Daisey on the other hand simply doesn't have those seemingly infinite funds that BA has, which forces Coach Henry to carefully pick and choose the out of town tournaments his team will compete in because the limited resources he is given by the school district.

So Ironman, you are again proven to be completely inept........post again when you have something worthwhile to say, which when i think about it will probably be never.

Ghouse, excellent post and insight. However, I doubt iron will be able to grasp anything you said at all. Am looking forward to the tourney and some good matches between the brothers and the rest of the teams.

Now, ironboy, have you forgotten to take your meds lately? So far this season it had been pleasant not reading any of the insane and false posts that have spewed from your keyboard like last season, but I guess all good things must come to an end sometime. It's obvious you're not affiliated with any wrestling team and you only have one goal on this board. Hopefully you're just some kid with an agenda against another school, because if your an adult then it's just plain pathetic.

Kiki, why are you interested in knowing if Baylor and Bradley are invited, your team not good enough to knock off the top dogs at the ryan tournament, you need another team to do the job for you?

Since I have already gone out on a limb today and have had to spell things out for ironman, I suppose I can do likewise for you. Baylor is always invited, but they refuse to come, this year for good reason they are going to a tough national tournament in Minnesoata.

Bradley is also welcome Coach Simpson will never turn down good competition.

Actually I don't have a team but enjoy reading the posts. I have read on many of the posts where top teams dodge certain teams and was wondering if the same applied in this case. I know Pat personally,

probably better than you, and would pose the same question to him. In fact, I will do that the next time I see him. It seems as though the odds are stacked in Ryan's favor this year.