Preseason Standings & All-State for 2010 (Class 3A)

BoardHater71

Agreed Blaster, I wish we could play each other every year. There is a lot of respect between both of these programs. And in the little league conference, every one loves to see Loudon and Polk come to there place, because we bring the fans and support the teams. I followed this respectful rivalry for 14yrs of little league and there was some very good games even then between these two.

Our bunch played Alcoa pretty tough, with a break or two who knows....But they are the best. I have a son graduating this year who has played for 12yrs and he loves to play Polk(much respect). I also have another son that has a couple of years left, I thnk we will be decent next year, but then I am going to worry about us for a year or three.

And you are correct, Polk should be good again next year.........

Good football, good coaches, good fans and a good team.

Hope you have a Happy New Year!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Blaster, I wish we could play each other every year. There is a lot of respect between both of these programs. And in the little league conference, every one loves to see Loudon and Polk come to there place, because we bring the fans and support the teams. I followed this respectful rivalry for 14yrs of little league and there was some very good games even then between these two.

Our bunch played Alcoa pretty tough, with a break or two who knows....But they are the best. I have a son graduating this year who has played for 12yrs and he loves to play Polk(much respect). I also have another son that has a couple of years left, I thnk we will be decent next year, but then I am going to worry about us for a year or three.

Loudon had a great run defense this season. One of the best Alcoa played.

Yeah they have had that for a long time. I remember when I was in little league Which seems forever ago I got my diploma in 2004 so I didn't get the chance to play you guys in high school. But I've watched my brother ever since the crickets and agree with you these to teams love playing each other and respect both. My brother loves playing you guys and said he would like to play Loudon during the season. But anyways Loudon will be good next year and I think they will be ok that coaching staff like Polks always get the best out of thier players and do a great job with them in preparing them for life. Hope to see you guys this season in the playoffs.

And you and your family have a Happy New Year!!

Milan will be fine. I really think we have benefited from playing against Alcoa. Chasing them the last 2 years has made us a better program IMO. If Coleman can stay on the field he'll dominate the line of scrimmage. Rodney Nance will be a ptp. Lost the entire offensive line but there are some younger kids who are bigger than the ones we lost. Should see some sophomores on the field. From what I've heard this years freshman class is of the '99, '03, '09 mold.

Milan will be fine. I really think we have benefited from playing against Alcoa. Chasing them the last 2 years has made us a better program IMO. If Coleman can stay on the field he'll dominate the line of scrimmage. Rodney Nance will be a ptp. Lost the entire offensive line but there are some younger kids who are bigger than the ones we lost. Should see some sophomores on the field. From what I've heard this years freshman class is of the '99, '03, '09 mold.

:thumb: There is some good talent coming up the pipeline. Agree about the improving the program. It makes the focus on being the best in the state instead of just West Tennessee.

Polk County, Elizabethton, York Institute, CPA, Cannon County, & Gatlinburg-Pittman were all very hard for me to keep off of this list.

I just wonder how Milan is going to fare in a loaded district in what will definitely be a rebuilding year after losing a bunch of senior starters from this past year's squad.

Milan will be ok next year - too good a program for the talent to fall off too bad. Lots of new faces but some pretty good talent. Hard to believe they're not in your top ten but that's fine. I would look for the Bulldogs to take a loss or two early in the year and then see if they can get things rolling for a postseason run deep into the playoffs.

IMO - Westview will be the team to beat coming out of the Western half of the bracket next year. They return almost everyone and have quite a few 3 year starters. Manassas will be decent and Camden will also but Milan & Westview to rise to the top in 2010.

Westview will be the team to beat next year....i just dont see anybody beating them

Polk County, Elizabethton, York Institute, CPA, Cannon County, & Gatlinburg-Pittman were all very hard for me to keep off of this list.

I just wonder how Milan is going to fare in a loaded district in what will definitely be a rebuilding year after losing a bunch of senior starters from this past year's squad.

Milan will be ok next year - too good a program for the talent to fall off too bad. Lots of new faces but some pretty good talent. Hard to believe they're not in your top ten but that's fine. I would look for the Bulldogs to take a loss or two early in the year and then see if they can get things rolling for a postseason run deep into the playoffs.

IMO - Westview will be the team to beat coming out of the Western half of the bracket next year. They return almost everyone and have quite a few 3 year starters. Manassas will be decent and Camden will also but Milan & Westview to rise to the top in 2010.

I agree - westview has some strong seniors that are returning for their 3rd years as starters. Their qb is a big returning talent for them. They also have a strong sophomore class, and a good kicker. :roflolk:

I agree - westview has some strong seniors that are returning for their 3rd years as starters. Their qb is a big returning talent for them. They also have a strong sophomore class, and a good kicker. :thumb:

yeah i agree with that fully so i just dont see why they arent in the top 10?....oh well i guess them and milan will have to prove it to everybody next year

Agreed...Westview should be a force and the favorite to come out of the west. Milan loses alot so there are question marks no doubt...but they always have the athletes to fill in the holes. As far as Camden goes, there is alot of talent returning, but if the Lion's offensive game plan doesn't change, the quarterfinals will be the farthest they ever go. Hate to start hating on our OC, but there's got to be more if the Lions intend on truly competing for a spot in the championship.