district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

Lions did not leave any doubt

Sure they did, Tullahoma was on the wrong side of their trademark huge inning (consisting of a few lucky dink hits an error here and there and one or two huge hits.) It should not happen tomorrow.

Tullahoma could rebound and win Wednesday. But Columbia has to be feeling pretty good about itself after beating Tullahoma's ace, even if it was bloops and errors. BUT, I think the biggest thing is simple, and I thought this all along, Tullahoma was going to catch Columbia at a bad time. Pickle is notorious for having his team peaking at the end and towards the tournament, minus last year's disapointing performance against Coffee County. But that was more Coffee's doing that Columbia's. I think Columbia has a pretty good chance at making a run to the 'Boro, to be honest.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might have been some errors on Tullahoma's part but according to the Columbia Daily Herald Columbia had 5 singles, 5 doubles, and a 3 run homerun. Two of the doubles were back to back. I think Columbia made a statement.

Congrats to Columbia on the Season District Championship. Good luck today and in the tournaments.

Holy smoke, squeak-squeak...I think a mouse could have made more noise tonght than we did. Franklin Co 4-3 over Lawrence Co., but a win is a win and we'll take it. Hoover starts off the 7th with a double and after a miscue on a bunt back to the pitcher to get the runner at third, Henshaw hits the game winner back up the middle. We looked a little rusty at the plate after being off for a week, but Dylan Davis pitched another fine game. He went 6 innings before all the excitement in the top and bottom of the 7th. Also, congrats to Columbia on being the regular season champs.

Columbia looks to be the best team in district 8AAA. I'm not saying that Tullahoma couldn't possibly beat them, because they can, but the Lions can hit as good as any team I've seen around here and their pitching is solid. They have played a tougher schedule and Coach Pickle is still doing a great job, as always. The Cats have LaVergne and Beech coming up and end the season with Oakland and Coffee Co. I see maybe 2-2 record after those games, but that competition hopefully will get them ready for tournament play.

Sure they did, Tullahoma was on the wrong side of their trademark huge inning (consisting of a few lucky dink hits an error here and there and one or two huge hits.) It should not happen tomorrow.

lol...so you have doubt that Columbia is the best team in the district? Lions swept...14-4 and 10-2.

last nights game between Colombia and Tullahoma was closer than the final score indicated.If it wasn't for a dropped ball by Tullahoma's left fielder we are looking at a 5-2 score with Tullahoma left to bat. Brad Roepke struggled a little on the mound (back to back homers), which forced Tullahoma coach Brad White to bring out Chase Morris. Tullahoma can play with Colombia and has a good chance seeing Colombia 1-3 times in the post season. But Congratulations to Colombia for winning the regular season. They had excellent pitching and some big hitting in last nights contest. It should be interesting to see where both teams end up.

lol...so you have doubt that Columbia is the best team in the district? Lions swept...14-4 and 10-2.

Doubt is gone now.

last nights game between Colombia and Tullahoma was closer than the final score indicated.If it wasn't for a dropped ball by Tullahoma's left fielder we are looking at a 5-2 score with Tullahoma left to bat. Brad Roepke struggled a little on the mound (back to back homers), which forced Tullahoma coach Brad White to bring out Chase Morris. Tullahoma can play with Colombia and has a good chance seeing Colombia 1-3 times in the post season. But Congratulations to Colombia for winning the regular season. They had excellent pitching and some big hitting in last nights contest. It should be interesting to see where both teams end up.

Just my two cents but that kid in Left went a long way to get to that ball in foul territory. Can't really hold that one against him. The biggest thing I see between these two teams is the difference in pitching. Columbia looks to be much deeper pitching wise. Both teams have had really good seasons and wish both of them well in the post season.