district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

Franklin Co 11-6 over Lincoln Co. Lincoln Co kept battling back and would not go away. Score was 7-6 going into bottom of sixth. Game could have gone either way in my opinion. Lincoln Co looked fired up and we look like it was just another game. Glad to get that one out of our system. Maybe we'll be fired up for Tullahoma, because if we're not the game could be over early.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin Co 11-6 over Lincoln Co. Lincoln Co kept battling back and would not go away. Score was 7-6 going into bottom of sixth. Game could have gone either way in my opinion. Lincoln Co looked fired up and we look like it was just another game. Glad to get that one out of our system. Maybe we'll be fired up for Tullahoma, because if we're not the game could be over early.

Who pitched for you?

Good game last night FC made a few base running mistakes to shorten innings. Lester gets a hit through the hole into right and advances a Sells to third and then what appears to be a high overthorw of the cut-off is snagged and Lester is easily thrown out at 2nd for two outs. Also, the pick at first of Henshaw was big as I think is helped Tullahoma maintain their momentum. And some "what if plays" might have changed the complexion of the game. One being after a swinging bunt put a runner at first, and then if Moss can come up with Milleville's flyball down the right field line, that would have been a huge play. But he had to go about a mile to get to it and still got a glove on it, and it lands about a foot fair. Then Honea rips a double to score both, was for me the big difference in the game as both pitchers pitched great. Plus, Tullahoma is up 2-1 with bases loaded in the third, I think, with one out and only plates one, which I think was could have been a bigger inning. If Tullahoma had at least plated another two runs could have taken all the air out of our sail.

Good game last night FC made a few base running mistakes to shorten innings. Lester gets a hit through the hole into right and advances a Sells to third and then what appears to be a high overthorw of the cut-off is snagged and Lester is easily thrown out at 2nd for two outs. Also, the pick at first of Henshaw was big as I think is helped Tullahoma maintain their momentum. And some "what if plays" might have changed the complexion of the game. One being after a swinging bunt put a runner at first, and then if Moss can come up with Milleville's flyball down the right field line, that would have been a huge play. But he had to go about a mile to get to it and still got a glove on it, and it lands about a foot fair. Then Honea rips a double to score both, was for me the big difference in the game as both pitchers pitched great. Plus, Tullahoma is up 2-1 with bases loaded in the third, I think, with one out and only plates one, which I think was could have been a bigger inning. If Tullahoma had at least plated another two runs could have taken all the air out of our sail.

Cody Hill, Franklin County's center fielder, made a spectacular catch in left center field to end that bases-loaded threat in the third inning. Hats off to him. You won't see many better plays at the high school level. Also, the right fielder almost made a play that good on Milleville's fly ball down the right field line. Just couldn't snag it after running forever to get there. Tullahoma didn't make spectacular plays but was rock solid on defense all night. Just a good game all the way around.

Yeah that' right, I couldn't remember if that play had ended the bases loaded threat or not. Both teams turned a double play to put down other threats. Glad we only had to use one pticher (Davis), which will help today and tomorrow (if we get there).

tough when the first batter in your lineup gets picked off..good luck, you guys have battled all year