district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

I agree you don't get better and you really don't know how good your team is playing teams you know are proably going to be a sure win for you. I think you play teams that you know are better than you; its no disgrace to lose to a better team that gives your program something to build on win or lose. If you lose to a single A or AA team that you are supposed to beat only bad things come from this.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But playing teams that youll have to play perfectly to beat is not much fun, considering rarely does anyone play near perfect. Then when the team gets stomped opening day or opening week the players lose all their confidence and moral, since they most likely think they have been working hard all off-season. Then more often than not they prepare for a long season.

That's not true. To be the best you have to beat the best. You can play the A and AA teams but they must be the must be some of the most respectable in their class. By playing the average run of the mill teams you boost morale but you also gain nothing but a W against a nobody. That means nothing to the Blackman's or Riverdale's or Oakland's. If you schedule tournaments go up there and play them. If you are good enough then you will play them again anyways.

Have not seen Franklin Co. play but here is the upcoming schedule for the Rebels:

Scrimmages

3/6 Cannon Co.

3/13 Marion Co.

Regular Season- 1st week

Grundy Co.

Warren Co.

White Co.

@ South Pittsburgh

Not really sure why we are playing such a weak schedule to start the year off. We need to be playing better teams to get us ready for the district regular season. Why are we playing 2 A teams and 2 AA teams? We truly need to be playing more AAA teams. We will not get better by playing smaller teams. Our boys need a challenge to get them ready. There are 5 or 6 AAA schools in Rutherford Co. and that is not a far drive to play them. We could at least get a home and home with them. Look at Coffee Co and Tullahoma. They both play Lavergne and Oakland. Coffee plays Siegel and Beech (which I believe Tullahoma played last year). I believe I even saw where Tullahoma is going to MS to play in a tournament. I see we are going to Cascade to play in a Single A tournament. I just don't get it. Somebody please help me understand this. ????????????

Franklin Co. has been scheduling that way for years. There was one year they were like 23-8 and 4-8 in district play. I don't know what would possess a AAA team to play 6 or 8 games against single A teams. That is why they win 20 games a year and are always in the play-in-game come tournament time.

But playing teams that youll have to play perfectly to beat is not much fun, considering rarely does anyone play near perfect. Then when the team gets stomped opening day or opening week the players lose all their confidence and moral, since they most likely think they have been working hard all off-season. Then more often than not they prepare for a long season.

Coming from where you are at, you have to play perfect on Monday (region semi's) and Friday (sectional) if you want to get to the dance. Better competition you play during the season, better chance you have on those two days.

Work into the tough competition, you play 30 - 35 games right? the first 5 don't have to be back breakers, especially if your team may not be able to handle them. With our district you could easily schedule a tough week if you wanted later on in the season, just get a couple boro schools or private schools lined up to play the same week of Columbia or Shelbyville.