district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

Columbia won 2nd game 8-7. Shelbyville will make a run at the in when everybody heels. Ready to welcome Brothers back Friday. T-Town get ready you will get the first taste of Brothers.

And you will get a taste of Honea who has 36 k's through 20 innings pitched with a 1.6 era. Oh, and if not him you can have some upper 80's Walter's State Signee Morris, if not that you can have some Hess, Or maybe some Mid 80's lefty Roepke with a dirty change. The list goes on.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia won 2nd game 8-7. Shelbyville will make a run at the in when everybody heels. Ready to welcome Brothers back Friday. T-Town get ready you will get the first taste of Brothers.

And you will get a taste of Honea who has 36 k's through 20 innings pitched with a 1.6 era. Oh, and if not him you can have some upper 80's Walter's State Signee Morris, if not that you can have some Hess, Or maybe some Mid 80's lefty Reopke with a dirty change. The list goes on.

ShelbvilleEagles please shut your mouth. Looks like by your post you son is a Freshman. Before you get on here running your Pie hole make sure you have your facts together. Brothers will help that's for sure, but anytime we play Tullahoma it will be a battle. Our Seniors and Juniors have battle with them for years now and they know what they are going into. Shelbyville played the best game I have seen them play all year lastnight which showed in the score. All I would say is for Coach Frazier to put his best 9 on the field and play to win every game. We played good at Riverdale against Coffee County and then He changed the line up completely around when the kids had a little confidence going and get drilled 20 to 1.

Regular season tournament games are just glorified scrimmages. Hardly any team throws their top pitchers. Its the only opportunity for some players, who don't get to play much in district games, to show what they've got. I don't put a whole lot of faith in tournament scores, but its always nice to win. Its also a good opportunity to see what some of the younger and inexperienced umpires can do at a higher level. So everyone enjoy the games for what they are in tournaments.

Regular season tournament games are just glorified scrimmages. Hardly any team throws their top pitchers. Its the only opportunity for some players, who don't get to play much in district games, to show what they've got. I don't put a whole lot of faith in tournament scores, but its always nice to win. Its also a good opportunity to see what some of the younger and inexperienced umpires can do at a higher level. So everyone enjoy the games for what they are in tournaments.

Couldn't have said it better Binns, all they do is raise money and get experience for the younger or inexperienced players. Unless you have a ton of pitching then it's just a hit fest. I don't hold much merit in regualar season tourneys, just look at what happend to Columbia last night. I really doubt that will be the same team we see next Tuesday. The only tournament that counts is post-season and every team will be throwing their best then. Pre-season tourneys just let a coach see where his team is and what he needs to do. If you have injuries like Shelbyville has then you get to see whos going to step up. Other than that, it's not so much what you do early but how you finish late.

Couldn't have said it better Binns, all they do is raise money and get experience for the younger or inexperienced players. Unless you have a ton of pitching then it's just a hit fest. I don't hold much merit in regualar season tourneys, just look at what happend to Columbia last night. I really doubt that will be the same team we see next Tuesday. The only tournament that counts is post-season and every team will be throwing their best then. Pre-season tourneys just let a coach see where his team is and what he needs to do. If you have injuries like Shelbyville has then you get to see whos going to step up. Other than that, it's not so much what you do early but how you finish late.

actually if you wanna win state some of those kids that pitched in these "meaningless"tournaments are gonna have to pitch to win it. espcially our tournamenta lot of teams will use their top pitchers this week (early part of it anyway) with us going to a 3 game series i think it really helps us more as we are using more pitching during the year as well as tournaments. I also think tournaments are good to use younger players in the field in SPOTS along with an AB

actually if you wanna win state some of those kids that pitched in these "meaningless"tournaments are gonna have to pitch to win it. espcially our tournamenta lot of teams will use their top pitchers this week (early part of it anyway) with us going to a 3 game series i think it really helps us more as we are using more pitching during the year as well as tournaments. I also think tournaments are good to use younger players in the field in SPOTS along with an AB

Question: How many pitchers deep do you need to really be for a state tournament? Many teams probably get to state with a great #1 and a subpar #2. Of course, 8aaa is not nearly as experienced as our region partners in the state subject. So please (no sarcasm intended) shed some light on us.

I didn't want to sound like I was downing any regular season tournaments. They are good fundraisers and it takes a lot of effort from many boosters, coaches and players to host a tournament. In fact, Mayor David Limbaugh was a very gracious host to me today at Riverdale. They always put on a great tournament, with teams from all over the state. Tullahoma has won 3 games this week-end in the wooden bat tourney hosted by Warren Co. I did speak with a parent of one of the Tullahoma players this evening and he said his son was very tired. With no rain this week, the Cats have played a bunch of games, along with most other teams. Has anybody missed cool weather and rain this week?

Wasn't trying to imply that pre-season and regular season tournaments were "meanliness", and if I did then I'm sorry. What I was trying to say is that the one that really counts is the post season. And depending on a teams make-up; youth, inexperience, depth... should determine how much a coach uses a tournament to prepare his team going forward. I still think a lot of people see too much in tourny play and use it to gage teams, often incorrectly. A team with 2-3 good quality pitchers can do well in post season. But a loss by a hugh margin in a pre-season or regular season tourney doesn't mean a team is bad or overrated or whatever someone can come up with. It may mean a coach was trying to find more depth or juggle his line-up to check other combinations. Every team is different and all coaches are not alike in what they are trying to accomplish for thier respecive teams.