district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

It's true. Keep in mind, though, it wasn't all varsity play. The JV and freshmen all got some action. I left after five innings of varsity play with Tullahoma up 16-0. They were going to finish the seven innings before switching lineups, so I don't know what the final was for the varsities. Lebanon had a very nice club last year but they lost a bunch of good players, and coach Sloan appears to be in rebuild mode with lots of youngsters. Tullahoma is a junior-senior dominated squad. Also, the Wildcats have maybe the strongest freshman class I've seen here for the past 15 years or so. Last year's freshman class was also good and is already contributing on the varsity level. I don't know how things will go this year although there's lots of optimism about the team. The future does seem bright for Tullahoma baseball.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me that Lebanon needs to practice a little more before they want to scrimmage. There is NO way any good came out of that beating for Lebanon. That is not right at all. Also how old are the Sheffields for Tullahoma. My brother played in the little league state championship with Lawrence Co. against the little Justus. Wanting to know what grade he is in.

Sounds to me that Lebanon needs to practice a little more before they want to scrimmage. There is NO way any good came out of that beating for Lebanon. That is not right at all. Also how old are the Sheffields for Tullahoma. My brother played in the little league state championship with Lawrence Co. against the little Justus. Wanting to know what grade he is in.

The oldest Sheffield boy (Jordan) is a freshman this year. Justus is still in the 8th grade.

Gonna do my best to keep District8aaa.com going for baseball. It has been a challenge with basketball getting all the scores and keeping a decent leaderboard. Would love to keep baseball and softball going but I'm gonna need help. I would love to have one person from each school that could send me scores and cumulative player stats and then I'll post them on the site.

The kids and fans of baseball teams in the district deserve the same kind of pub as football gets. Unfortunately the media doesn't cover the sports the same. That is why I do this site is hopefully to provide a little something extra for the kids and fans.

Anyone willing to help please email me at scott_shasteen@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Have not seen Franklin Co. play but here is the upcoming schedule for the Rebels:

Scrimmages

3/6 Cannon Co.

3/13 Marion Co.

Regular Season- 1st week

Grundy Co.

Warren Co.

White Co.

@ South Pittsburgh

Not really sure why we are playing such a weak schedule to start the year off. We need to be playing better teams to get us ready for the district regular season. Why are we playing 2 A teams and 2 AA teams? We truly need to be playing more AAA teams. We will not get better by playing smaller teams. Our boys need a challenge to get them ready. There are 5 or 6 AAA schools in Rutherford Co. and that is not a far drive to play them. We could at least get a home and home with them. Look at Coffee Co and Tullahoma. They both play Lavergne and Oakland. Coffee plays Siegel and Beech (which I believe Tullahoma played last year). I believe I even saw where Tullahoma is going to MS to play in a tournament. I see we are going to Cascade to play in a Single A tournament. I just don't get it. Somebody please help me understand this. ????????????