BEECH 58 LIVINGSTON ACAD 22 ???

LARRYBIRD33

Not sure if there was some issue, sounded like the game was getting a little out of hand but LA was only down 13 midway through the third. Then they played third string the rest of the game. Beech kept their main players in till late in the 4th getting layup after layup. The 1-3-1 didnt play a factor until Beech left their starters in against our bench!

Why on earth would the coach of Beech take out his starters with a 13 point lead in the 3rd qtr, just because the LA coach did?? Just because they gave up or he was fed up with starters doesn't dictate that the other team play their bench. If you have any issues it needs to be with your team and coach, not the other team. There is no rule written or unwritten that dictates that the team ahead has to pull off in the 3rd quarter just because the other team decides to play their bench. Your issue needs to be with your coach's decision and not Beech.

I'm just a basketball fan and was at the tournament not rooting for a particular team. I saw LA play Antioch and as I said they looked really sharp. The next day they did not look that sharp against RedBank and I did notice that the coach made some substitutions against Red Bank that he didn't against Antioch. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with some players.

The Red Bank game they just could not keep up with the speed of Red Bank and were outworked on the boards. It was a fast physical game and LA was not able to keep up. They have some incredible shooters and some good athletes, I just don't think they showed up to play on Tuesday and apparently not for the Beech game that I didn't get to see.

Happy New Year. Couldn't have said it better myself mr jones. Why in the world only down 13 would the starters be pulled for the rest of the game? What was the issue? OK take on situations seemed to be a little skewed. I was somewhat surprised at the Red Bank score given that LA beat them early in the year. The Beech score was a real shocker. Figured Beech was pretty good but not that good. Things should get better for LA as all the games they got left, except for one, will be against upper cumberland teams. They're big city games didn't turn out very well, but maybe it will help in the long haul.

I overheard a couple of the LA fans talking about the Red Bank game being early in the year and that Red Bank were missing the football players and they were thinking it was going to be a tougher game. To be honest with you after watching them against Antioch, I thought they would have played Red Bank a little closer than they did.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if there was some issue, sounded like the game was getting a little out of hand but LA was only down 13 midway through the third. Then they played third string the rest of the game. Beech kept their main players in till late in the 4th getting layup after layup. The 1-3-1 didnt play a factor until Beech left their starters in against our bench!

Why on earth would the coach of Beech take out his starters with a 13 point lead in the 3rd qtr, just because the LA coach did?? Just because they gave up or he was fed up with starters doesn't dictate that the other team play their bench. If you have any issues it needs to be with your team and coach, not the other team. There is no rule written or unwritten that dictates that the team ahead has to pull off in the 3rd quarter just because the other team decides to play their bench. Your issue needs to be with your coach's decision and not Beech.

I'm just a basketball fan and was at the tournament not rooting for a particular team. I saw LA play Antioch and as I said they looked really sharp. The next day they did not look that sharp against RedBank and I did notice that the coach made some substitutions against Red Bank that he didn't against Antioch. I'm assuming he wasn't happy with some players.

The Red Bank game they just could not keep up with the speed of Red Bank and were outworked on the boards. It was a fast physical game and LA was not able to keep up. They have some incredible shooters and some good athletes, I just don't think they showed up to play on Tuesday and apparently not for the Beech game that I didn't get to see.

Happy New Year. Couldn't have said it better myself mr jones. Why in the world only down 13 would the starters be pulled for the rest of the game? What was the issue? OK take on situations seemed to be a little skewed. I was somewhat surprised at the Red Bank score given that LA beat them early in the year. The Beech score was a real shocker. Figured Beech was pretty good but not that good. Things should get better for LA as all the games they got left, except for one, will be against upper cumberland teams. They're big city games didn't turn out very well, but maybe it will help in the long haul.

BEECH IS GOOD BUT THEY HAVE 2 OR 3 LOSSES SO FAR. THEY HAVE THEIR BEST 2 PLAYERS BACK FROM LAST YEARS STATE TEAM BUT THEY LOST 4 OUT OF THEIR TOP 6 IN THEIR ROTATION. THE OTHER PLAYERS HAVE TO STEP UP IF THEIR GONNA MAKE A RETURN TO THE STATE TOURNEY. LA IS YOUNG AND TALENTED BUT THEY LOST ALOT ALSO SO IT WILL INTERESTING TO SEE IF BOTH TEAMS CAN MAKE IT BACK TO THE BORO.

Oldkoger- Midway through the third quarter come on! What- the first and second string refused to play. LA'S Ego will not let that happen and you can go bet on that! If LA had scouted Beech they should have known 1-3-1 that's Beech from start to finish. I admire LA they will play the big boys but when you get spanked wipe the tears away and get ready for the next game. :o

...LA could be overated...they lost 75% of the scoring(Dunn, Peterman, D. Ramsey, C. West) from last year...I haven't seen LA play this year but I've been around basketball long enough to know that it will take a while until the 'bench' (from last year) shows up...they will need to know what it takes to be in a few 'wars'...let's see how they look a month from now(Jan 31st) and if oldkoger is still making excuses then I'll ask him for some cheese with that whine!!! :o

Ram fan it is plain to see you are still hurt from the beating LA threw down on your team last year to end your season :o . As for excuses, I didnt make any for us loosing. At this point in the season we shouldnt be able to beat Beech anyway. But I will promise you overated or not, no AA team is going to be happy drawing us in the post-season. You guys probaly wont make it past RB or Howard, but if you do we will be glad to end your season again in the sub-state! :o:o

Oldkoger- Midway through the third quarter come on! What- the first and second string refused to play. LA'S Ego will not let that happen and you can go bet on that! If LA had scouted Beech they should have known 1-3-1 that's Beech from start to finish. I admire LA they will play the big boys but when you get spanked wipe the tears away and get ready for the next game. :o

...LA could be overated...they lost 75% of the scoring(Dunn, Peterman, D. Ramsey, C. West) from last year...I haven't seen LA play this year but I've been around basketball long enough to know that it will take a while until the 'bench' (from last year) shows up...they will need to know what it takes to be in a few 'wars'...let's see how they look a month from now(Jan 31st) and if oldkoger is still making excuses then I'll ask him for some cheese with that whine!!! :o

Ram fan it is plain to see you are still hurt from the beating LA threw down on your team last year to end your season :o . As for excuses, I didnt make any for us loosing. At this point in the season we shouldnt be able to beat Beech anyway. But I will promise you overated or not, no AA team is going to be happy drawing us in the post-season. You guys probaly wont make it past RB or Howard, but if you do we will be glad to end your season again in the sub-state! :o:o

Sub-state? Sub-state? You gotta be kidding me! Sub-state? Our guys have played very well at times and very poorly at times. Much improvement must be made before we even think about going to, much less beating someone in sub-state IMO. I hope the players on the team don't think that all they have to do is show up and automatically make it that far. It is also my opinion that they are much better than they have shown so far this season but it is time to start showing it.

...Very well put OldCatFan...these youngsters sometimes speak with emotions rather than reality...I have seen a team improve 360 degrees from the beginning of the season to the playoffs (as the Rams did last season) therefore anything can happen prior to the last regular season game...LA is well coached and has a excellent fan base...best wishes to your team and let the real season begin starting this Tuesday(with the district games)!!! :o