Single A State Tournament..Who's making it?

MidTNbasketball

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville Academy and they win it all

Grace Baptist

A team from District 12a 9either Summertown or Perry County)

as for the rest a little more study on my part

I think that Either Lake County, Union City, Humboldt, or Middleton will win it all. West Tn has to be the favorite for the gold ball.

So nobody thinks City University or Westwood from Memphis has a chance?

you will be shocked when a 14A team has to face 1 of these teams come sub-state,,,

I just think Clarksville Academy is going to be very strong at the state tournament. The west Tn schools you are talking about seem to be struggling--Lake County, Union City, Humbolt, etc. Not one of their records has impressed me much. The team from 14A will most likely get there, just think that Academy has too much.

I just think Clarksville Academy is going to be very strong at the state tournament. The west Tn schools you are talking about seem to be struggling--Lake County, Union City, Humbolt, etc. Not one of their records has impressed me much. The team from 14A will most likely get there, just think that Academy has too much.

Records aren't everything. You also need to take into consideration of the Strength of Teams they play against and the margin of victory doesn't count either cause Dyer Co. (AAA) played Union City and Humboldt both and Union City had Dyer Co. down 18 points at one time in the game and Dyer Co. came back and beat them by 10 while Humboldt lost by 30. It isn't about the records. It is about how they play the game! :thumb: I like Middleton or City University in A.

Records aren't everything. You also need to take into consideration of the Strength of Teams they play against and the margin of victory doesn't count either cause Dyer Co. (AAA) played Union City and Humboldt both and Union City had Dyer Co. down 18 points at one time in the game and Dyer Co. came back and beat them by 10 while Humboldt lost by 30. It isn't about the records. It is about how they play the game! :thumb: I like Middleton or City University in A.

smart guy :thumb: I like Middleton or City University in 1A also!!!

smart guy :thumb: I like Middleton or City University in 1A also!!!

Thanks Legend! :lol: Middleton looks good, but City University has been playing some tough ball! I would hate to go through either one of these teams to win a gold ball!

Clarksville Academy and they win it all

Grace Baptist

A team from District 12a 9either Summertown or Perry County)

as for the rest a little more study on my part

I think that Either Lake County, Union City, Humboldt, or Middleton will win it all. West Tn has to be the favorite for the gold ball.

So nobody thinks City University or Westwood from Memphis has a chance?

you will be shocked when a 14A team has to face 1 of these teams come sub-state,,,

Keep in mind that Lake Co has won about 11of their last 14 games and the losses were all out if state in Kentucky and Illinois tournaments since the football players are back..Also keep in mind that in the tournament in Carbondale,one of the teams in the tournament was Memphis East..a team that has beaten your beloved Manassas team..have beaten B.T.W. ..only lost to 3 points to Joe Jackson and White Station and lost to Melrose by 19 points..But not many teams have come closer than that to Melrose..The same Memphis team I'm talking about that beat Manassas played Missouri Ins and lost by 1 point..Lake Co beat that same Missouri Ins team by 5 points..So I wouldn't overlook Lake Co.!

Keep in mind that Lake Co has won about 11of their last 14 games and the losses were all out if state in Kentucky and Illinois tournaments since the football players are back..Also keep in mind that in the tournament in Carbondale,one of the teams in the tournament was Memphis East..a team that has beaten your beloved Manassas team..have beaten B.T.W. ..only lost to 3 points to Joe Jackson and White Station and lost to Melrose by 19 points..But not many teams have come closer than that to Melrose..The same Memphis team I'm talking about that beat Manassas played Missouri Ins and lost by 1 point..Lake Co beat that same Missouri Ins team by 5 points..So I wouldn't overlook Lake Co.!

But wasn't 1 loss to Union City in that Illinois tournament if I'm not mistaken?

But wasn't 1 loss to Union City in that Illinois tournament if I'm not mistaken?

Yes..they lost to Union City on a neutral court but also a game that Lake Co had a 1 point lead with just seconds to play and a 1 point lead and Union City had to foul intentionally and Lake Co just missed their free throws..But again ..on a neutral court..The same Union City team that came to Dyer Co..on Dyer Co's home floor and went to overtime..missed a 3 ball that just rimmed out at the buzzer or it wouldn't have been an overtime..Also ..Lake Co may have 2 players on the team tonight..In other words..a Dyer Co fan could ask a Dyer Co .player Cody Gross about Taylor..I'm pretty sure he's played against him..Ask Cody Gross if big Ced is better than Cody Taylor..Not saying he'll be eligible..Will know tonight..But if he is..Lake Co just got a lot better..And another kid,Swift,about 6'3 and can jump out of the gym will be eligible for sure..So..could be 2 starters that we havent been having..For sure Cody Taylor will start..and Swift will be maybe the first off the bench.!

By the way..that's the one game that I think Cisco didnt do a good job coaching..Winning by about 14 points..about the 4th quarter and kept running and shooting..Stupid,,Slow the ball down..don't shoot anything unless it's a layup..no shot clock in high school..most coaches in that situation would have beaten Dyer Co..Bad coaching in that game at the end.!