12aa/region6 predictions/ top players to watch

40n81

Willie anybody that says we have a weak district should've seen both games last night. The game last night at Marshall Co was a wild, intense, battle. Great season to Marshall Co. best of luck to those seniors in the future. I'm sure some of them will be moving on to the next level. I know it was intense on the other side of the bracket as well. Tonight should be a great game for the district championship.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie anybody that says we have a weak district should've seen both games last night. The game last night at Marshall Co was a wild, intense, battle. Great season to Marshall Co. best of luck to those seniors in the future. I'm sure some of them will be moving on to the next level. I know it was intense on the other side of the bracket as well. Tonight should be a great game for the district championship.

You are right about the intensity. The players and crowd for both teams were great last night at SH. It was a battle just as the GC/MC game. I would have liked to seen the play the GC LF made on the potential HR ball. I heard it was a GREAT play!

Good luck to SH and GC tonight. Both teams should represent District 12AA well next week.

Spring Hill 3

Page 2

WP - Schubert

LP - Gross

T. Bigler game winning hit in the bottom of the 7th.

HR - McKomisky (spelling) and Cooperman for Page

What a great game and a GREAT baseball atmosphere.

Wednesday May 12

District Championship Game @ Spring Hill

7:00pm - Spring Hill vs Giles County

That was a really good try--but it's McComiskey. lol

Spring Hill 3

Page 2

WP - Schubert

LP - Gross

T. Bigler game winning hit in the bottom of the 7th.

HR - McComiskey and Cooperman for Page

What a great game and a GREAT baseball atmosphere.

Wednesday May 12

District Championship Game @ Spring Hill

7:00pm - Spring Hill vs Giles County

That was a really good try--but it's McComiskey. lol

lol... my bad! I have corrected it.

11AA is just getting started due to the flooding up here. The pre-season favorites, Creek Wood and Harpeth both find themselves in the loser's bracket tonight. That will eliminate one of them. #2Camden beat #3Harpeth 7-6 to advance to the winner's bracket and #4Montgomery Central run ruled #1Creek Wood 15-3 in 5.

Weird year for our district. Creek Wood played an awfully tough non district schedule, but was breezing through the district undefeated before Harpeth beat them. They've had a 12 day layoff because of the flooding and their bye. Better than average pitching, average hitting, typically sound defense.

Camden's new to the district and noone knew what to expect, but they came from the always tough Jackson district with Lexington, Bolivar and Southside. Thin on pitching, good hitting team, shaky defense.

Harpeth graduates one starter. They're young but talented in several spots. Lost DI signee Nathan Foriest in pre-season to Tommy John surgery. He's a senior as well. Strength is depth of pitching, fairly sound defense and average hitting. Bright future with a strong freshman and sophomore class.

Montgomery Central won their play in game on a walk off homer to beat Waverly and their stud pitcher Michael Purcell 2-1 and then run ruled Creek Wood. This is reminiscent of the team they had early in the decade that made a run to state after finishing the district out of the money. I want to say average pitching, average defense, average hitting, but they're getting it done. Coach Dunn is a good coach and is getting the most out of them. Central is always tough in the post season.

Having seen Spring Hill play last summer, I think they're the team to beat out of this region. Harpeth or Creek Wood are going to have to fight back before their pitching depth can make a difference. Camden's got 2 arms and that's about it.