Coalfield Thumps Lions

tightend5

I believe that Jellico plays in the weakest REGION in the entire state with the EXCEPTION of Cloudland. If Jellico were in a Region with Greenback, Coalfield, Midway, Oneida, and even Sunbright, Oakdale, and CAK, they'd be lucky to win more than 2gms instead of probably finishing 2nd behind Cloudland this season. As for the Coalfield-Jellico match-up, Coalfield will win (if they play---with 16-17-18 year olds you just never know) in a walk by about 4 TDs because of Lowe, Norman, and Company.

Posted by tightend5:

The jackets had a strong win against Sain Andrews, 61-16, they are coming off of two shut outs by their defense beating onieda 12-0 and taft 35-0..they have jellico and greenback upcoming..whats your thoughts on thos two games. i think the oct. 11 with greenback will be critical...who will win and why.

Coalfield will probably beat Jellico, but lose a hard-fought ballgame to Greenback. Of course, I'm sure the Coalfield folks will say different. Ahem...what do you think, tightend? :D

--Kemple

A hard football game it will be for both sides of the ball..both teams will battle it out, i think whoever gets the most turnovers will lose this one, greenback has been coming out in 4 and 5 wide sets i noticed against jellico.It will decide the regional championship in my opinion greenback will be a tough team to beat, but i think the jackets might be able to knock them off.

Well Said, One Week at a time is the key words there, i wasnt looking forward just stating that greenback will be a close game, all that is on my mind at the moment is the blue devils..we start preparing for them tomorrow in practice. Our Jv has a game up sunbright, just to let some pppl know..its tomorrow...

Posted by shermdogg:

i really can't side on the coalfield-greenback game. coalfield has a lot of skill people, but greenback has a lot of speed. greenback also carries out their blocks very well. i think it'll come down to who gets the momentum early in the game. good luck to both teams.

You're from Oakdale, aren't you? What'd you think of Greenback throwing 50 on the board in the 1st half, and putting in 2nd/3rd string end of the second quarter/all of the 2nd half?

Personally, I think Coalfield will have a tough time offensively. They do, however, have a great defense, and Greenback's spread offense probably will get tested. But Greenback has a great D of their own, and are very well-conditioned, and well-prepared each week. Whoever wins, though, should definitely be considered one of the best teams in 1A. I do, however, believe Greenback has the goods this year, and various people have been downgrading them for strength of schedule reasons. I think the Coalfield game, more than any other, will prove or disprove these opinions.

Good Luck.

--Kemple