Memphis Dandy Dozen

HOOPSGURU

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told that the refs WOULD let Black get way with all kind of stuff in the 2nd half lasst night???

Possible but one thing i know is that him and Nate stay in foul Trouble. I saw Melrose play 6 Times this year and I was shocked at the fouls they call on him. The stats was ugly. Rucker had 26 fouls after the first 7 games. Black get his foule mostly because he try to block everything, Rucker get his because he is usually stronger than anyone else and in wrong place at wrong time. Post not really allowed to jockey anymore. Lot of away from the ball fouls that have nothign to do with the play. Thats why i said both of these guys will benefit from college play.

Ridgeway and Melrose will likely play each other Feb. 18 @White Station for the City Championship. Of course, Ridgeway will have to get by either Craigmont, Cordova, or Raleigh-Egypt on Feb. 13 to make that happen. I expect Melrose to take care of their district. But this Central game is gonna be serious:D

Central has put themself in a bad situation after their brawl last night. They going to be short handed tomorrow night. Not good at Melrose

Yeah i heard about that tonight at the Raleigh-Egypt/Craigmont game. Craigmont won it 97-61 and it was no contest whatsoever. Tank played the best game I've seen him play, first time i saw him have some outright fire. As for Central, they just basically killed their chance of representing district 16 in the city game, because Melrose will handle the rest of that district, Central might drop 1 or 2. Then they'll have to see White Station in the semis. Potentially lose that game, and you have to go on the road for regional first round to either Germantown, Ridgeway, or Southwind, don't won't that. I know that's alot of looking ahead. Anybody know what specific players are out?

Ridgeway and Melrose will likely play each other Feb. 18 @White Station for the City Championship. Of course, Ridgeway will have to get by either Craigmont, Cordova, or Raleigh-Egypt on Feb. 13 to make that happen. I expect Melrose to take care of their district. But this Central game is gonna be serious:D

Central has put themselves in a bad situation after their brawl last night. They going to be short handed tomorrow night. Not good at Melrose

If some Central players have indeed been suspended (I assume that's what you're suggesting), then tonight's gave at Melrose game will likely not be worth watching!

-----------------------------------------------------

1) What Central players will NOT play (suspended?) in tonight's game vs Melrose?

2) Which one's were starters and/or key contributors, if any?

3) When will those players return to the team?

Hold on, just remembered. Last year Central had some players miss the first meeting with Melrose because of gettin in trouble, just for other reasons

Yeah, but THIS year's Melrose team is head and shoulders better than its last year's squad!

Central (or any other team, for that matter) absolutely will NOT be able to defeat Melrose, if Central is short-handed.

Well first off let me say this. Firestone you made a solid call on Craigmont not being too affected by the departure of McAfee, I believe Melrose gains more than Cmont loses. After watching the film, Kthuggin, I would have to say Ridgeway stepped up big with their defense(good D called by Coach henning) and went to Black. Golden will get the props for the two 3s, but without Black Southwind still wins by a few possessions.

Anyways as for the Central game. Its TSSAA rule that if any punches are thrown a player should be suspended 2 two games, but heres the twist! Apparently(dont quote me on this) if the TSSAA hasn't sent a letter or something like that the games are at the coaches' discretion unless he's overuled by the AD.

Final: Central 61 -- Melrose 58 !!!!

Details later.