AP Polls

GCPioneer

My question would be how not one but three people in good conscience could give a first place vote to ANYBODY other than Gibson County in AA...I mean come on, the Lady Pioneers have won 51 straight games, are defending state champions and have already beaten these teams this season: Liberty (+22), Westview (+11), Obion Central (+16 on the road) and Bolivar (+31)....

Seriously, I'd like to hear the explanation for that.... :roll:

Well, make that 52 in a row after a 36 point win over Crockett Co. If our streak is going to come to an end this season, it'll happen Tuesday when we travel to Westview. I see Westview didn't schedule a game for Friday, so they'll have a full week off and be running on fresh legs. Gibson Co. will have a somewhat tough game Friday night as we travel to a decent Haywood Co. team. GC hasn't played particularly well against Milan and against Crockett tonight, however if we played like we did against Dyersburg, no one will beat us.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question would be how not one but three people in good conscience could give a first place vote to ANYBODY other than Gibson County in AA...I mean come on, the Lady Pioneers have won 51 straight games, are defending state champions and have already beaten these teams this season: Liberty (+22), Westview (+11), Obion Central (+16 on the road) and Bolivar (+31)....

Seriously, I'd like to hear the explanation for that.... :roll:

For the same reason they slam some middle Tn teams during football season. Ever met any of the voters? About the only one who really knows high school sports is 'Tank' at Oak Ridge. Unfortunately the rest of the state is not blessed as well.

So those three live in such a cocoon that they haven't heard of Gibson County or know they were undefeated state champions last season and undefeated this year ??....I have a hard time believing that...I'd say they know exactly who the Lady Pioneers are and voted for their home team instead of voting for the obvious #1 AA team in the state...

Seriously, I'd like to hear the explanation for that.... :D

The same voters that dont get out to watch any of the games and know nothing about West Tenn teams and the same voters that voted 3 girls all state last year in Single A that came in about 4th place in their own district and have no idea who T.T. Flowers was !

Bigster, thou needest to know of what you speak. :wacko: The Associated Press voters, which I am a member of, granted West Tennessee more than its fair share of spots in the respective polls this week. The slight of T.T. that you can't get over from last year was by a different organization, The Tennessee Sports Writers Association. Yes, many of the members are the same but we work at trying to have a good AP poll. I thought that all-state team was a little skewed myself.

To answer the original query about not voting for Gibson County, some will be a bit blinded by a local team and give a #1 vote to a local over an obvious choice but GC was still a clear #1 overall. That's the important thing.

Well, make that 52 in a row after a 36 point win over Crockett Co. If our streak is going to come to an end this season, it'll happen Tuesday when we travel to Westview. I see Westview didn't schedule a game for Friday, so they'll have a full week off and be running on fresh legs. Gibson Co. will have a somewhat tough game Friday night as we travel to a decent Haywood Co. team. GC hasn't played particularly well against Milan and against Crockett tonight, however if we played like we did against Dyersburg, no one will beat us.

mother used to say, "if, ifs and ands were pots and pans, there would be no room for dishes"

any team can beat another team on any given night with the right variables and it has nothing to do with talent or poll standings. we beat covington by 50+ yet martin beat them less then 10.

justthefacts, I knew Butler was coming up on 2000 pretty quick, but wasn't sure how far she was out. She's had a great 3 1/2 years at GC so far and nothing would be better than capping off Butler, Griffin, and Reedy's Senior seasons with back to back gold balls!

Reedy broke the 1000 point mark in her career in the Gibson Co. Christmas tournament. I failed to post that on here when it happened. That makes 3 girls with atleast 1000 points and Butler will wind up with 2000. That says ALOT for those 3! Courtney Haynes (Sophomore) is on her way to the 1000 point club as well either next season or in her Senior season. Congrats to Reedy!

Seriously, I'd like to hear the explanation for that.... :wacko:

For the same reason they slam some middle Tn teams during football season. Ever met any of the voters? About the only one who really knows high school sports is 'Tank' at Oak Ridge. Unfortunately the rest of the state is not blessed as well.

So those three live in such a cocoon that they haven't heard of Gibson County or know they were undefeated state champions last season and undefeated this year ??....I have a hard time believing that...I'd say they know exactly who the Lady Pioneers are and voted for their home team instead of voting for the obvious #1 AA team in the state...

These are the same voters that put Gleason and Middleton ahead of JACKSON COUNTY in class A. How IGNORANT and BIASED is that???????? I can't count how many times we've seen these West Tn teams come to Murfreesboro with these gaudy records only to get beat. Jackson County is out of AA now but the last 4 years we were there we won it ALL FOUR TIMES!!!!!! Respect isn't given its earned people. Neither Gleason nor Middleton will make the finals in Class A this year, it will more than likely be Jackson Co vs Clarkrange with the Gold coming back to 7A as USUAL! So don't get on here and complain about no love, go out and play someone during the regular season besides those other weak West Tn teams and then you don't need to complain about what this poll or that poll says. Talk about playing in a Cocoon none of ya'll want to come to middle tn and play and if one does venture out this way they get boat raced by 20+!

These are the same voters that put Gleason and Middleton ahead of JACKSON COUNTY in class A. How IGNORANT and BIASED is that???????? I can't count how many times we've seen these West Tn teams come to Murfreesboro with these gaudy records only to get beat. Jackson County is out of AA now but the last 4 years we were there we won it ALL FOUR TIMES!!!!!! Respect isn't given its earned people. Neither Gleason nor Middleton will make the finals in Class A this year, it will more than likely be Jackson Co vs Clarkrange with the Gold coming back to 7A as USUAL! So don't get on here and complain about no love, go out and play someone during the regular season besides those other weak West Tn teams and then you don't need to complain about what this poll or that poll says. Talk about playing in a Cocoon none of ya'll want to come to middle tn and play and if one does venture out this way they get boat raced by 20+!

You are an idiot. I hear that alot about you on Coach T and I have to agree. 7A doesnt have it this year. Jackson County is above average but not much better than the rest of the pack. Clark Range is way down and Pickett is average. Put Jackson County in 14A and they would lose 4 or 5 games. Lake County or Middleton would run Jackson County out of the gym. Get real.

I've not seen any 14A teams play this year. They may be outstanding??? I know

Jackson County is pretty solid and Clarkrange is getting in the grove and are

improved over the earlier part of the season. Pickett is average and lost one

of their starters (Garrett) to injury. Guess we really won't know how they will

stack up until we see who gets to the Boro.

You are an idiot. I hear that alot about you on Coach T and I have to agree. 7A doesnt have it this year. Jackson County is above average but not much better than the rest of the pack. Clark Range is way down and Pickett is average. Put Jackson County in 14A and they would lose 4 or 5 games. Lake County or Middleton would run Jackson County out of the gym. Get real.

We'll see come march just make sure you get back on here when they play. Lake Co. nor Middleton would beat JC and thats been proven on more than one occassion. Only one time has JC lost to a team from West Tn and that was Gleason 4 years ago. I think our record at the state tournament speaks for itself. 7 Gold Balls 3 silver 39-4 91% winning percentage aint too shabby and i guarantee you no one else has that good of a record at the state tournament after 44 games!

We'll see come march just make sure you get back on here when they play. Lake Co. nor Middleton would beat JC and thats been proven on more than one occassion. Only one time has JC lost to a team from West Tn and that was Gleason 4 years ago. I think our record at the state tournament speaks for itself. 7 Gold Balls 3 silver 39-4 91% winning percentage aint too shabby and i guarantee you no one else has that good of a record at the state tournament after 44 games!

I remember that game, just your typical Jackson County flop. It could have been a 50 point win for Gleason if they had not have subbed at half. Jackson County would go nowhere without their so called transfers (recruits) Has Jackson County ever won a gold ball with homegrown girls.

I'm not going to say Lake Co will win the state but I do feel like it's open for several teams this year..Lake Co has played some out of stste teams in a Kentuchy shootout and some larger schools..They did lose to Greenfield but also have beaten some pretty good teams ,,Beat Humboldt by 19 points..beat Union City by 19 points and Trenton by 31 points..All these teams played Greenfield within a few points..Greenfield is another team that I feel have a chance at going a very long way..Gleason is another..looks like Middleton also..Bradford and Humboldt have quality teams as does Union City..We may not even make it out of the region..But I'd be willing to bet..Jackson Co won't beat us by 20 points.You are saying Jackson Co and Clarkrange..Dint Clarkrange lose to Forrest by about 15 points.I saw that Forrest beat Moore Co by 1 point 56-55..Lake Co played Moore Co in a playday earlier this year and won by 12..So..Just by looking..The State could be several teams..Lake Co has played really well the past several games..teams have played a zone and Lake Co has really lit it up..The next game they play Greenfield and Bradford..may not shoot that well..Never know..But Lake Co has talent..Still mostly sophomores and a freshman starting though..But if Gleason,Bradford,Lake Co or Greenfield play any of the teams ..I like our chances..!