KNOXVILLE Area Top 15

TheAnswer9

Definition of hung with is what? it is on'y 15 minutes so it it was 7-0 that would be equivalent 28-0 game... Not dishing Greenback I was just curious because anyone can hang with anyone for a quarter on most given days. OS-Smith County example. But conditioning is a important part but I just though the Jeff. Co. as far as Greenback being better then them that is taking it to the extreme. I personnaly think OS would beat them as well. But actually it doesn't mean anything

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by JOE01:

Definition of hung with is what? it is on'y 15 minutes so it it was 7-0 that would be equivalent 28-0 game... Not dishing Greenback I was just curious because anyone can hang with anyone for a quarter on most given days. OS-Smith County example. But conditioning is a important part but I just though the Jeff. Co. as far as Greenback being better then them that is taking it to the extreme. I personnaly think OS would beat them as well. But actually it doesn't mean anything

The OS-Smith County game was pretty close, though. I think this Greenback team is probably one of the better ones in recent memories. Greenback played pretty bad (offensively) that day, as well. The victor? Uncertain. But it would be a close game. Dunno that much about Jeff Co., but I imagine a lot of teams couldn't stop Greenback's passing game.

--Kemple

Posted by bafactor:

i think only maryville has more talent than Farragut in the knoxville area only time will tell and so i dont think Farragut or oak ridge too high and sweetwater has excellent athletes but their still only two a

Don't be fooled by the 2a, they are one of the best teams in this area, and would have no problem with Farragut! No offense to Farragut. Sweetwater is not your average 2a team. McMinn Co. saw that in a scrimmage, and I know it was just a scrimmage, but if you know about football it was easy to see who the better team was! Sweetwater was bigger, faster, stronger, deeper, and in better shape that day, and wore down the Cherokee's. Good Luck to all E. Tennessee teams in the play-offs! :D

Sweetwater could compete in the KFL, dang right many 2A teams can beat the biggest. One more reason I liked it better when we had only 1A, 2A, and 3A. But, the system now is better because it separates the privates from publics. We would probably be better off as someone in another thread suggested, going to 3 classifications for the public schools, and leaving the private schools alone. How many state champions do we have now, eight?? ;)

I think you might see a new OR team if Coach Gray (offensive Genius) takes his boy out and plays the three best runningbacks on the team. It took an injury to get this done. Oak Ridge has a very good team and when the Coaches see who can play and who can't they will be tough to beat. So OR is not ranked high enough. There is something to say for playing seniors but if they can't play its hurts everybody. Does Wilson County have anymore openings for Gray to apply to?

I agree that Sweetwater is a great team, I did rank them lower than they actually deserve in the poll i put out yesterday. They are much better than what a 2A school normally implies, they could beat most schools in the larger classifications in E. Tennessee. As for Farragut, I don't think that Sweetwater would just hand it to them, Farragut is much improved on last year's team. That team is what everyone thinks about when Farragut is mentioned and this year's team has to play their way out of that. I think up until now they have done a great job of it. Farragut and Sweetwater would be a great matchup as would Sweetwater and Maryville. As for Caligula, all he has is bad things to say about Farragut, maybe because he is a little bitter over a win that FHS had over Bearden in week 3. As for talent, Maryville, Farragut, and Knox Central are three of the areas most talented.

Posted by ENape8:

I agree that Sweetwater is a great team, I did rank them lower than they actually deserve in the poll i put out yesterday. They are much better than what a 2A school normally implies, they could beat most schools in the larger classifications in E. Tennessee. As for Farragut, I don't think that Sweetwater would just hand it to them, Farragut is much improved on last year's team. That team is what everyone thinks about when Farragut is mentioned and this year's team has to play their way out of that. I think up until now they have done a great job of it. Farragut and Sweetwater would be a great matchup as would Sweetwater and Maryville. As for Caligula, all he has is bad things to say about Farragut, maybe because he is a little bitter over a win that FHS had over Bearden in week 3. As for talent, Maryville, Farragut, and Knox Central are three of the areas most talented.

I can't wait till week 13 when the only teams in Knoxville area that are still playing are Austin East, Maryville, and this year possibly Sweetwater (took place of Alcoa) The last 3 years the only team in the KIL that played week 12 is Austin East. Stevens had predicted this each year. It tkes their offense 2 weeks to mature because of the system. Especially when you have a brand new quarterback who never played the posistion under this type of system. They played a very good team their first week of playing after being off on week 0 and week 1. No one will play them. Understandably Blount county teams have their schedule full years before. But no other Knoxville area team would play them. They called everyone. I'm talking about last year and this year. Brentwood academy keep your schedule open for week 1 next year. We will have everyone back for 2 more years.

No doubt that Farragut has as good as talent as anyone around Knoxville, but they always do. That does not translate into wins and the postseason.

As for Greenback, there is no chance that they could hang with Clinton or Knox West. Granted, they are a very solid class A team, but they could not compete against the big schools. Sorry just not enough depth or talent.......