PtownPanthers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was great game Hendersonville just couldn't finish the ball. The Portland keeper, #1 Sam Robinson, was a beast when stopping the ball and just had a great game. the score was made by #3 Tyler Sawyer, it was passed up through the defenders he ran onto the ball as the keeper came out he kicked over him a scored... that was really the end of the game because it seemed like to me the refs were in more favor of Hendersonville.

Cant wait to see what happens next week Tue. Mar. 23 when Portland faces White House, any ideas if it will be like season or do u think this might be Portland come back year in a new division?

Good Game Portland always be cheering for my team win or lose

The Hendersonville - Portland game was an exciting game to watch, esp. in the 2nd half. it was very unlucky for Hendersonville as they took shot after shot after shot compared to the approx. 3 shots that Portland had the entire game. I would love to see the statistics for this game! Portland defense played with lots of heart and hussle as they had basically an entire half of the ball being rammed down their throats, Hendersonville just couldnt seem to finish. I think this will be a great season as always for Hendersonville, they need to practice on finishing - and sometimes, like tonight, youre just unlucky. And Portland looks as if this could be their best team in years. I know that their season has already been made beating such a powerhouse as Hendersonville. But I wouldnt let this game fool you about the always prepared - mentally and physically - Hendersonville team. They have a spectacular defense, and great scoring potential uptop, they just have to key in on it. Overall, Portland did a great job protecting their goal, although maybe not the most conventional method of crowding the box but they did what it took to stop a good team like H'ville. Cant wait to see what these 2 teams do this season!

Wow... Hendersonville definitely needs to step it up. This seems to happen every year for this powerhouse team. They start off overconfident, lose to a team that should be an easy win, and it always seems to wake them up a bit. I believe that they will bounce back. But before they can they need to understand that games like this will not just be given to them. They have to come out to play every game as if they are playing a brentwood or bearden. If they are playing an easier team, then they are expected to win by a large margin. Hendersonville, you need to step it up if you are wanting to be the powerhouse team you have been in the past.

Hendersonville may have came into the game thinking it was gonna be easy, but you cant say portland game would be easy to win. Portland faught hard and proved to be the better team FOR THIS MATCH. Portland deserves credit, you cant say Hendersonville should have won by a significant marigin. This was the first district match i do believe so, with that said expectations should be earned not given to teams. Portland as well as Hendersonville are different teams from last year. So the outcome could differ greatly. Im not taking anything away from Hendersonville they are great team and have been for years now. Portland has had troubles the past two years, and wanting to prove themselves in this new district im sure. This is 2010 and things could change for any team it is still to early to establish. Over all this game was a great match. Good luck to both teams throughout the season.