Does Anyone care about Div II A????

Bigkid2

I have been coming to Coacht for several years and have been posting for the last two or three. Those years we were in Div I 9AA. Ezell Harding, CPA, Pearl Cohn, Hume Fogg, FRA, MLK, David Lipscomb. There were multiple posts each week about many of the games and teams.

Thanks to the TSSAA ( of which I am no fan) the private schools had to move(discussion for a later date) to Div II. Now our competion isn't from here and obviously doesn't know or care about coacht. Even Davidson doesn't have their complete games on the page. King Academy forfeited rather than having to come back because to play FRA so a 2-0 victory which throws off both the ppg on offence and defense.

The Tennessean failed to recognize Eakes from Ezell Harding for hitting the 1000 point mark in the FRA-EH game that was one of the major regular season games of Div II A girls basketball season. Not even a mention in the paper of the outcome in words. In fact when I read the score and the short one liner on the internet the told of Eakes but said she led them to victory over FRA. Dah, the box score an inch higher on the page showed the real score. I obviously called and corrected.

The teams in this division also have a tendancy not to phone in the games when you play in their areas. FRA played Webb and Derica Wyatt scored a season high 34 points but it is not recorded on either the coacht or the Tennessean stats.

So enough ranting. Div II A has some very good teams that will go unnoticed. Davidson is excellent and young, FRA is excellent and young, USN is young and very athletic and will only get better, Know Webb will be much better with the return of their star, DCA is young and very good. Ezell Harding is very good. But no matter, there appears to be little or no enthusiasm for the fans in general and coachT or through the local papers.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain all the way thru this computer. It winds up that way every time. Kevin Legate tried to get a league of private schools started in the Nashville area and put the information in the City Paper as to how it would be organized and it had some merit and structure. I.m not sure anyone followed up on it. A lot in the State wanted all privates to be together. It has really very little structure except maybe in football or maybe now in Volleyball but thats a little iffy.

I saw your post and read it. Kevin legate is at Davidson I believe and if you are interested in some of his thoughts, he would likely discuss them with you.

Someone from the school or a coach should have called the paper and told them of the 1,000 point achievement, or included it in a box score report.

Plenty of schools don't call in their home games, most of them in this area are the less successful types but McMinn Central and Walker Valley also normally do not. A good bet would be to call them in home or away to get them in there.

If all Division I private schools were in there, there would be more publicity.

As far as the newspaper reporting any level player scoring their 1000 point, it is not reported more times than it is reported. It has nothing to do with what Division you are in. I would say that every parent, athlete, and many other people care about Div II A and AA. In spite of the great nerds post on this thread, Div II is just as structured as any other division all under the TSSAA mantle. I would not guage how many people care about a particular division or sport by using the newspaper or CoachT as your tape measure. If that were true, then the sport of volleyball which is about seventh or eighth in number of posts of all the sports should go out of existence. But we know that volleyball has its share of fans and should continue and so does Div II A. Go over to DCA or Davidson Academy or Knoxville Webb and ask that question, I think you will get your answer very quickly. :roflol:

Does anyone care? Friday night at University School of Jackson vs Jackson Christian - packed house, great atmosphere. Kids played their hearts out with hustle and lots of class. Largest crowd I can remember in years and great to renew the rivalry. Girls game was 2 points difference, boys was 4 points.

Yeah, we care.

You would not be able to tell it from the coverage in Jackson Sun the next day, because the idiot reporter was too concerned about (evidently) a personal vendetta against one particular player. I can handle a bias against one school or another, but don't attack a kid personally. This guy should really lose his job over the article.

Davidson, Webb, FRA& DCA will be your final four in this region. Ezell and USN are bubble teams. There will be some surprises in the tournament. I think all 4 teams have some good players. Depth and coaching in the tournament will determine who wins. You will see a totally different look from several of the teams come tournament time.

As far as publicity and stats.......................that is for the parents and not the kids.

Davidson, Webb, FRA& DCA will be your final four in this region. Ezell and USN are bubble teams. There will be some surprises in the tournament. I think all 4 teams have some good players. Depth and coaching in the tournament will determine who wins. You will see a totally different look from several of the teams come tournament time.

As far as publicity and stats.......................that is for the parents and not the kids.

I agree from our region with your choices. I think that Knox Webb will be the 4 or 5 seed because of losses to EH, FRA and Davidson. If both Davidson and FRA beat DCA then Knox Webb should have the 4 seed because of the win over DCA. They could be matched again against Davidson in the semi final game.

If DCA wins one of the games against FRA and Davidson then they will be the 2 seed and FRA 3 with Ezell as the 4. These assume they win out after. USN has to play FRA and Davidson. They are young and athletic but I don't think this is their year.

Does anyone care? Friday night at University School of Jackson vs Jackson Christian - packed house, great atmosphere. Kids played their hearts out with hustle and lots of class. Largest crowd I can remember in years and great to renew the rivalry. Girls game was 2 points difference, boys was 4 points.

Yeah, we care.

You would not be able to tell it from the coverage in Jackson Sun the next day, because the idiot reporter was too concerned about (evidently) a personal vendetta against one particular player. I can handle a bias against one school or another, but don't attack a kid personally. This guy should really lose his job over the article.

Thanks Westtnman. FRA-Ezell Harding game was the same, packed. We hear nothing on the west schools in Middle Tenn. Who is leading and what does the region look like as far as the final 4?

[

Thanks Westtnman. FRA-Ezell Harding game was the same, packed. We hear nothing on the west schools in Middle Tenn. Who is leading and what does the region look like as far as the final 4?

Two districts in the West:

One district has USJ and Fayette Academy at top-both with one loss. These teams play tomorrow night (Fayette won the first game) with the winner in sole possesion of first. Jackson Christian has 2 losses (both to USJ) and beat Fayette Academy Saturday - these two will play one more time before season is over. These 3 teams, along with St. George's will be first four in this district.

Lausanne from what I understand is hands down favorite in the other district (and in the over all region)

and I think are followed by ECS. I am not sure of the other teams at top of that side. Maybe I can get some help from others.