biggest rule change in years

fblover

it didnt apply to the new rule, but i did see somehting i had not seen before. i saw a coach get ejected and then confined to the dugout, no joke. Opening day in the second of a double header for Spring Hill last week their coach came out to argue a call at third. the ump made the call and went to his position at first base. the coach followed him across the field to argue, was walking away when he said something and the field ump tosse him. the coach said he had to be given a warning which is not true, no warning is required, then the home plate ump goes and talks to him and he changed it from an ejection to a confinement.

this is releavant here because it shows you that umps will call the rules hwo they see fit, not necessarily how they are supposed to be called. it will happen with this rule as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a coach gets tossed, everybody in the stands and in both dugouts should know why he got tossed and that he deserved it. The $250 fine and 2 game suspension that goes with it should not be taken lightly. If an umpire gets the reputation of pulling the trigger too early or without cause, he'll find himself black balled by every coach his association deals with.

There's a level of mutual respect that should occur between coaches and blue. This blue put himself in the position he found himself in by missing an appeal call. His partner overruled him. You call a guy out for missing a base on appeal, you sure as heck should have seen whether he touched the base or not and not ask your partner for help when the coach questions your call. You know what happened next. The coaches were asking for help on all of the close calls. He couldn't find a hole to crawl in in right field, so he tossed the head coach because everybody was chirping................and he cashed his check.

Calling a kid out for allegedly missing first base on a hit that's a double 99 out of 100 times wasn't the smartest thing to do in the first place. Then asking your partner for help because the assistant coach's plea makes you doubt whether or not you missed the call is like pouring gasoline on a fire. You saw it or you didn't. If you're not sure, that's the easiest no call there is. Nobody's upset that a kid that ropes a line drive down the left field line is standing on 2nd. Everybody's upset when you ring him up for missing a base AND asking your partner for help after the fact. Then make yourself feel better by tossing one of the head coaches? Geez.

it didnt apply to the new rule, but i did see somehting i had not seen before. i saw a coach get ejected and then confined to the dugout, no joke. Opening day in the second of a double header for Spring Hill last week their coach came out to argue a call at third. the ump made the call and went to his position at first base. the coach followed him across the field to argue, was walking away when he said something and the field ump tosse him. the coach said he had to be given a warning which is not true, no warning is required, then the home plate ump goes and talks to him and he changed it from an ejection to a confinement.

this is releavant here because it shows you that umps will call the rules hwo they see fit, not necessarily how they are supposed to be called. it will happen with this rule as well.

This guy seems to have more than his fair share of drama. He also does not seem to be on the same page as his partner. There was some question as to who was scheduled to call behind the plate first. I know its a tough job sometimes but if you get your stuff together before hand you can walk on the field together and do the job. If your not sure about the call.... No call!