School Ball vs Travel Ball rule question

softballdadNboro

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most summerball teams play till the end of july even some the first part of august so if you moved high school ball to the fall the summer teams would lose alot of there team if they play high school because they can not be on another roster while they are playing on a high school team that is one reason they need to keep things the way they are

Contacted NFHS and they wrote back and said Colorado, Ga., Missouri, Neb., and Ok. play in the fall. Iowa plays in the summer, Wyoming and South Dakota don't play at all.

After thinking back about trips to gulf shores during spring break to play softball, how much more I may have enjoyed spending sring break in OK or Neb. or even Missouri. Missing football games because of 5 tournaments which all 5 started on fri both in town and out of town.

So yeah, if I was a high school softball player I would probably agree with the other 42 states and keep it in the spring.

• 1 month later...

The sping/fall thing is a dead subject. I've coached a travel team for 6 years. I have no affiliation with any school and no school coach has ever told me who to play and where or how to play. The problem with all this is that, as a team we want to play in the fall. I have a few girls from several different schools but more than 5 from one school. So come August when school starts I get to cut players from that school to be legal. That's fair for those girls (sarcastic). They get cut from a team even though they are good enough in order to protect the school and they are not able to play at all unless they can find another team. This is a stupid rule that's meant to keep school coaches from forcing players to play and ends up making competition weaker in travel ball and is unfair to girls.