AP Poll 1/25/2010

foxylady

LaVergne has 3 D1 signees, including a top 50 nationally player going to Kentucky & freshman point guard that will probably go D1 & may be the best point guard in the district in a couple of years.

Riverdale has a D1 signee & a freshman & sophomore that will probably go D1.

Blackman has a D1 signee & another with D1 offers, & sophomore post/wing that has a good chance of going D1.

siegel has arguably the best point guard in the district that already has one SEC offer & is slapping the backboard @ about 5'4.

Smyrna has a post player that has D1 interest.

That would be a great game. Too bad it will never happen. Also most of these girls have played the wings over the years either as TN Team Pride or TN Flight.

Bri... I was taking nothing away from that District. I knew who was all in it and I knew of the talent over there. Keep in mind you're also comparing AAA schools to AA schools twice the size of us and Westview. Gibson Co. is a very small AA school, believe it or not. With the high school being built in the south portion of the county (South Gibson High School), we could be on the verge of dropping to Single A.

Also, Westview played Siegel @ Liberty earlier this year and had no problems with them. Siegel didn't impress me too much. As for Riverdale, I'll get to see that D1 signee play all next year at UT-Martin. I've heard she can definately play the game. Also, I'll venture to say, outside of the top 3 in our district, it's a HUGE dropoff in the 4th place team. We have 3 AA state championship contenders in our district.

Arent you the one who first said you put them against anybody in the state?

"I'd take an all star team from District 13AA and put them up against any all star team from a District from around the nation and would bet money that they would compete with or beat most of the teams they play."

It reads like if your "all star" team couldnt win then you are comparing schools not the players. Most know that those playing in 13-AA mentioned are very good. But didnt Fussell play with Memphis Elite?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent you the one who first said you put them against anybody in the state?

"I'd take an all star team from District 13AA and put them up against any all star team from a District from around the nation and would bet money that they would compete with or beat most of the teams they play."

It reads like if your "all star" team couldnt win then you are comparing schools not the players. Most know that those playing in 13-AA mentioned are very good. But didnt Fussell play with Memphis Elite?

I would put GIBSON CO. against any team in the state. I would put our top 3 in 13AA against anyone else's top 3 in their District IN AA. Kind of like when 7AA came down to 13AA a few years ago and got steamrolled, lol, just kiddin man!

Fussell did play with the Memphis Elite. She played with the Wings the year before last when they finished in the top 4 in that nation. This year they finished in the top 8 in the nation without Fussell. So with that being said, you give me Amber Rechis and Grace Ann Swaim from Westview, Aubrey Reedy, Heather Butler, and Heather Griffin from Gibson Co., Chassidy Fussell from Obion Co. and Perica Glenn from Milan, I'd be willing they'd be able to compete with some of the top "district all-star teams" in the nation. This is all a fantasy and would never happen, however it does make for discussion such as this.

Sooooo.... who will be #1 in AA next week?

I expect GC to remain #1 providing they don't lose again before then which is unlikely. OC likely moves up to #2...

These polls mean little but I don't understand how Gibson could remain #1 when they were just beaten by another AA team. I think top 4 should shape up like this:

1. McMinn Central

2. Obion Co.

3. Gibson Co.

4. Betsy

with scattered (1) votes & a slight chance of percipitation.

I can't argue with your picks. My rationale is just that GC is the defending state champions that won 55 straight before the recent defeat. They split with OC which means they beat them once already this year. McMinn Central no doubt deserves consideration as well, but until someone knocks GC off the championship throne, they remain #1 to me.

Discussion is cool GCP! Im just saying that you were the one who brought up the 13-AA all star team against any district in the nation and then when someone commented on 7-AAA, you went back pedaling about school sizes like that had something to with it.

I can take the ribbing too(this is all in fun) but Im up for a 13-AA/8-AA any time. Its yalls turn to come over here. I also know that yalls top 3 are very good. I have saw them (Wings and Memphis Elite) all play in the summer and of course GC and WV at state last year. And we still got alot more hardware in the trophy case! :D

Discussion is cool GCP! Im just saying that you were the one who brought up the 13-AA all star team against any district in the nation and then when someone commented on 7-AAA, you went back pedaling about school sizes like that had something to with it.

I can take the ribbing too(this is all in fun) but Im up for a 13-AA/8-AA any time. Its yalls turn to come over here. I also know that yalls top 3 are very good. I have saw them (Wings and Memphis Elite) all play in the summer and of course GC and WV at state last year. And we still got alot more hardware in the trophy case! :D

I wasn't meaning to make the bigger school statement to sound like an excuse. From top to bottom, I'm sure 7AAA is more talented. The lower teams in our District are quite horrible. In the top 3 from each District, I'd take our District winning 2 of the 3 and possibly all 3. I'm curious as to how our girls would match up with a team like LaVergne considering both teams will be bringing 3 D1's of their own to the game. I've never heard of them having a dominate girls basketball team until this year, however I don't keep up with AAA girls ball as much as I do A and AA.

I think Obion Central is the favorite to win the 13AA title this year. :D They beat us the other night by 13 and Fussell even played with her pupil dialated!!!!!!! :D:D As for that 13AA/8AA challenge, let's give it about another 2 years after this year before it cranks back up. That way GC will be back at the strength they are right now! Boy, was our Jr. High's stacked this year!

I wasn't meaning to make the bigger school statement to sound like an excuse. From top to bottom, I'm sure 7AAA is more talented. The lower teams in our District are quite horrible. In the top 3 from each District, I'd take our District winning 2 of the 3 and possibly all 3. I'm curious as to how our girls would match up with a team like LaVergne considering both teams will be bringing 3 D1's of their own to the game. I've never heard of them having a dominate girls basketball team until this year, however I don't keep up with AAA girls ball as much as I do A and AA.

I think Obion Central is the favorite to win the 13AA title this year. :D They beat us the other night by 13 and Fussell even played with her pupil dialated!!!!!!! :D:D As for that 13AA/8AA challenge, let's give it about another 2 years after this year before it cranks back up. That way GC will be back at the strength they are right now! Boy, was our Jr. High's stacked this year!

I've seen you post this a couple of times about Fussell....Last Wednesday was the first I had heard of it...To my knowledge the radio guys didn't say anything about it....Didn't see it mentioned in either of the two articles I read about the game...I have no first hand knowledge of it being true..You act as though you don't believe it...I mean if true, she put up a triple-double on Gibson County on the road...I don't know if you have ever had your eyes dilated before...I have...Both though, not just one...I don't see how she was able to even keep her balance, much less put up a triple-double on a team that had won 55 games in a row, on their home court no less....You ever see the 'South Park' episode where Cartman gets his eyes "dibalated' ??......Dude was walking into walls and everything else... :D

Wouldnt be fair waiting a couple of years...if memory serves me correctly we came to Martin the year after we won state (and beat an undefeated GC :D ) we lost Katrina Beechboard, Megan Thompson, Haley Mullins to graduation. I guess thats makin excuses...lol! But its the truth, we were down. So lets play next year after you all lose the big 3...lol!

But then again waiting a couple years would be alright too, as one of our middle school's is undefeated so far with some good players coming up along with some other feeder schools bringing in talent. One of our kids has already played against Courtney Haynes when Livingston played Medina...she started as a 6th grader on that team. She and another girl also played on the 7th and 5th place teams at the AAU D1 nationals the last 2 AAU seasons.

As far as 13-AA vs. the rest of the state in AA..maybe so. I think GC beats most every one every time...I dont care if they lost or not, you know I know and everybody else knows they are the team to beat still. But I am not sure that the other 2 help 13-AA go 2 for 3 or 3 for 3 with the top 3 in 8-AA. I am not doubting OC and WV are not good because I believe they are just saying LA, Upperman and Cannon are not bad. Its one of those things that just makes for great discussion and will only have to play out if 2 from each district make it and draw out each other at state. Still fun to talk about though.

LOL, I believe it, trust me. Since she had her one eye dialed, it prohibited her from getting a quadruple-double and beat Gibson Co. by 50!!!!!! I find humor in it as did someone else that read it earlier and texted me about it, lol.

Bigdaddy, we played your feeder school as well! Hilham is a feeder to Livingston, right? We (Jr. Pioneers) played Hilham in the semi-finals at TNT and lost by like 8 in a game where we played horrible. Paige McMillan was coaching that team. Their only 2 losses all year had been to Medina with Courtney Haynes and Taylor Moore. Jr. Lady Pioneers finally defeated Medina in the District championship that year. Medina was coached by Adam Vaughan who is now the head girls coach at Riverside High School. That Jr. Lady Pioneers team now has several girls on the high school team at Gibson Co. As for waiting a few years.... I'd gladly come down there next year. We won't be near the team we are this year, but also keep in mind there will only be 2 Seniors on that team next year. It'll be an extremely young, but very good team. They should have another legit shot at a state championship by these Freshman's Junior and Senior seasons. With what we have coming up and with our Freshman class now, it's a good site for GC fans in the future especially with a possibility of dropping to Single A!