Now for a serious subject – Where is the BBQ

Da Bears

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StarRaider:

When do I get an invite to try BBQ from your smoker?

Where is Nooley's?

Nooley's does not serve BBQ. it serves Cajun food. If you are looking for BBQ, this is not your place. But if you want some really good Cajun/Louisiana style food, then Nooley's is your place. The owners of Nooley's are from Louisiana, so they know what they're doing............... gumbo, jambalaya, muffuletta sandwiches. Its located on Royal Oaks Blvd, just off I-65 so its easy to get to.

Not named on the BBQ list so far is a Corky's----the BBQ chain out of Memphis---serving Memphis style BBQ right off I-65 in Brentwood.

Buck I haven't been to it yet. i use to go to his original location on Wedgewood which at the time was the best. but then he moved it downtown and the quality went down. His brother has a BBQ place in Franklin but is chinchy on the amount of food for the dollar. Next time ya meet for lunch put out the time and i'll show.

Cajun food - Bro's on Charlotte Pike, next to I440. Have to work to get there, but the owner is Darrel Breaux from Lafayette. Great jambalya, red beans rice, etouffee and more.

Isn't there a Marble Slab or Maggie Moos in Cool Springs area? Near Buccas if I remember correctly.

BBQ's is a little shack on Hwy 96 West with great bbq. From the Interstate, you have to go 96W into downtown Franklin and dog-leg over to New 96W. You will pass McDonalds, Captain D's, and a gas station all on your right. BBQ's is at a light on the right-hand side. It is well worth the trip to see downtown Franklin if you have never been here.

StarRaider:

When do I get an invite to try BBQ from your smoker?

Where is Nooley's?

I remember Star raider when he was a 105 pounder. He has come a long way since then. I am going to go out on a limb and say the man must know a lot about Eating!!!! If he says Nooleys I'm going to try it.

I still am a 105, only kilograms now. Got to love the metric system!