State Duals

HCWC

Staying awake at night to compare ourselves to BC? And I thought it was the DII crowd that has always been accused of arrogance..

Further discussion is pointless, so I will say only this-- How many kids are able to be pulled to Bradley from the county? Does Bradley not have great coaching and facilities? Do you not have some type of booster club? Do you not have a feeder program of your own which stocks the HS team?? I suppose it's easier to compain about perceived advantages though. It doesn't look good for Tennessee wrestling when the best don't wrestle the best. And your right, ALL of the DII schools' families have money to throw around and none of them make financial sacrifices to give their kids a better education.

If took the time, you might be surprised to find quite a few trucks on the DII side as well.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MWR - I really don't want to be involved in a fussing contest. How about we just agree to disagree? BC is not going to change and I don't think the DII schools will change their financial aid policy. So it is what it is....

Question - Are you a FR or an MBA fan?

I agree to disagree, however, not all of the DII teams have the resources like that of Bay and McC- which is what your making it sound like- or atleast that's how I interpreted it.

Believe it or not I respect BC's program and its accomplishments. I wish them good luck this weekend ( or maybe congratulations already) and free from injury for the Traditional tourney, which is what really matters.

MWR - I really don't want to be involved in a fussing contest. How about we just agree to disagree? BC is not going to change and I don't think the DII schools will change their financial aid policy. So it is what it is....

I agree to disagree, however, not all of the DII teams have the resources like that of Bay and McC- which is what your making it sound like- or atleast that's how I interpreted it.

Believe it or not I respect BC's program and its accomplishments. I wish them good luck this weekend ( or maybe congratulations already) and free from injury for the Traditional tourney, which is what really matters.

Thanks but hold the congrats. BC has a very good team but not great compared to some of our teams in the past. The bracket for BC is as tough as I have ever seen. Cordova/Ravenwood/Science Hill and then the final. A lot can go wrong.

Good luck to your team.

Thanks but hold the congrats. BC has a very good team but not great compared to some of our teams in the past. The bracket for BC is as tough as I have ever seen. Cordova/Ravenwood/Science Hill and then the final. A lot can go wrong.

Good luck to your team.

Who is favored in the bottom half of the bracket to make it to finals??

D-I - Bradley in a no Brainer. nobodys even close unless they forfeit the last weight classes or throw in a few jv guys.

D-II - Christian Brothers in a barn burner of a finals over Father Ryan. Both semi's will be barn burners as well. MCCallie still isnt there yet and the Red Leggers just have too much horsepower missing with all the injuries.

D-I - Bradley in a no Brainer. nobodys even close unless they forfeit the last weight classes or throw in a few jv guys.

D-II - Christian Brothers in a barn burner of a finals over Father Ryan. Both semi's will be barn burners as well. MCCallie still isnt there yet and the Red Leggers just have too much horsepower missing with all the injuries.

tnlonghorn: Any word on Watson's status for the boys in red tights? What about Shuford? Those two might make a difference for TBSFBAG against CBHS. If not, then we may be looking at an all mackerel snapping, all purple ( Wave vs. Irish), finals in D-II.

Is Sidd Finch ready yet?

tnlonghorn: Any word on Watson's status for the boys in red tights? What about Shuford? Those two might make a difference for TBSFBAG against CBHS. If not, then we may be looking at an all mackerel snapping, all purple ( Wave vs. Irish), finals in D-II.

Is Sidd Finch ready yet?

Don't count McCallie out. I've heard Ryan may be missing a few starters and McCallie matches up pretty well with them. But you are right, the semi's of DII will be wild. Wish I could get off to make it but I'm sure I'll get a good recap on coacht!

Don't count McCallie out. I've heard Ryan may be missing a few starters and McCallie matches up pretty well with them. But you are right, the semi's of DII will be wild. Wish I could get off to make it but I'm sure I'll get a good recap on coacht!

So who is it, that you have heard is missing from FR's line up?

Bayou, good evening, and to you , MWR! Hope you enjoy the duals, we will certainly here in middle Tenn. You know, Bayou, the coach is human at Bradley, and if he feels the influence from alums, fans, other teams, bloggers, etc... to lean towards maybe considering possibly entertaining the idea of tangling with....whomever...doesn't really matter, the success of the program is obvious, and could honestly not be happier for the wrestlers there, past and present. This argument (folly) is left for us, the bloggers, who don't presently wrestle, but sure enjoy the sport, and the entertainment value. I betcha the wrestlers could give a poot in the grand scheme of things.

On the issue of separation of D1 and D2, not much anyone could or can do here, glad everyone is wrestling, to tell you the truth, and it is basically a moot argument on a "championship" something, dual or individual, although our bloggin' opinions are somewhat valid, based on common opponents and such.

On the issue of why a program is successful over time or not, we all know the "moving parts"....coaching, how many boys, feeder programs (starting early)dedication to the program, year round wrestling, fill in the rest of the blanks. One thing that is definitely not a factor is "recruiting"..ain't happening with this sport......one thing that may be a factor is ability to choose a wrestling school, agree on that one...but recruiting, gotta let this one go...I really think it diminishes the sport, and all of the work the wrestlers and coaches do, to offer up these distractions as to why one team may be better or equal, or almost as good, because of recruiting...not fair to the men....would appreciate folks letting this bias go...everyone going to private or public schools are after the same thing...let us not even begin to think that one is better than the other, or offered more opportunities...will le t our President sort that out....appreciate all of your posts in the past, just what is on my mind, take care....

D-II - Christian Brothers in a barn burner of a finals over Father Ryan. Both semi's will be barn burners as well. MCCallie still isn't there yet and the Red Leggers just have too much horsepower missing with all the injuries.

Is Sidd Finch ready yet?

Uncle Buck, my informants have quit informing me. I refused to pay them after their misguided information during the Red-Blue match. It seems renegade/ynotme has better info. I dont know about Watson, Shuford or Hayes. I have heard some rumors but I better not say. As far as Sidd Finch goes it seems he has gone awol and possibly headed back to the land of sunshine. Of course this could be a diversionary tactic and he may don the red leggings this weekend. Should be interesting to say the least.

If father Ryan is without a starter here or there as some have suggested it could be McCallie in the finals.