Getting close, final State predictions any one?

hrdcrwrestler

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good picks but a few different thoughts:

Baily Jones (Celveland) beat Manning last Thursday. I look for Jones and Colbert (McGavok) in the finals at 160.

Ethans Hames (Bradley) is back at 119 and will meet someone in the finals.

Tyler Pitts (Bradley) is at 125 lbs and will meet someone in the finals.

Croy will meet either Isaiah Simpson (Walker Valley) or Tucker Bolton (Bradley). This will be decided on by the brackets. Simpson and Bolton are both in Region 3, so their show down there will be huge. They are 1-1 this year.

MARVIN LOPEZ and whoever shows up in the finals,Jones beat Manning(160) 3-2,maybe a rematch in the finals?Toon-Kennedy will be good,hopefully-189,Boone-nd(119)will be hanging around at the end somwhere.Croy and whoever,he decides to beat,Lewis(sd)-125 will be there in the end. I have one question: Which means MORE....STATE DUALS CHAMPIONSHIP or TRADITIONAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Pretty good picks but a few different thoughts:

Baily Jones (Celveland) beat Manning last Thursday. I look for Jones and Colbert (McGavok) in the finals at 160.

Ethans Hames (Bradley) is back at 119 and will meet someone in the finals.

Tyler Pitts (Bradley) is at 125 lbs and will meet someone in the finals.

Croy will meet either Isaiah Simpson (Walker Valley) or Tucker Bolton (Bradley). This will be decided on by the brackets. Simpson and Bolton are both in Region 3, so their show down there will be huge. They are 1-1 this year.

I did not know Bailey Jones defeated Manning, he will definitely be in the mix at 160.

Ethan Hames is back at 119 yes, so my prediction will be him vs Jack Boone.

While Pitts may be back at 125, I don't think he will be in the finals here. I think everybody can agree that this one will be Lewis vs Sheppard, unless something major happens the top six in this weight can basically be drawn out.

Also I agree Marvin Lopez will be in the finals but he will have his hands full with Austin Woods out of Franklin.

It's still to early to predict the Man's Div.

Unlike the Jv div where everyone qualifies, the young men that compete in the ELITE Div have to go thru regions just to get the chance to rassle in the rodeo and pig showing building.

bcb iii :thumb:

Yeah, in Div 1 they have to slog their way through a bunch of guys who can hardly wrestle to then get to states and wrestle more mediocre wrestlers even into the finals. The ELITE wrestle D2, just follow the college results some time or consider that 4 of the top 5 team in the state are D2. :hungry: You started it!

Unlike the Jv div where everyone qualifies, the young men that compete in the ELITE Div have to go thru regions just to get the chance to rassle in the rodeo and pig showing building.

Yeah, in Div 1 they have to slog their way through a bunch of guys who can hardly wrestle to then get to states and wrestle more mediocre wrestlers even into the finals. The ELITE wrestle D2, just follow the college results some time or consider that 4 of the top 5 team in the state are D2. :hungry: You started it!

I'm just trying to figure out why the D2 boys are required to wrestle in a pig building. Geez, aren't we above that ?

Now, now, way to early for this. We will do our annual breakdown of each class following the state tourney and do the hypothetical D-1 and D-2 champs matchups, and once again I can show you the superiority of D-1 wrestling ( just joking). Some interesting contests for the respective champs and maybe a few for all the finalists but from third on down I think it is D-1 in a laugher. The tougher regions like 3 and 4 will have better guys sitting home ( ie unable to qualify to even go to states ) than some 3rd place D2 medalists. I have conceded long ago the D2 success in college to date goes far beyond what D1 has done though Jake Young and a few others in recent years may at least give me leg to stand on if we continue the college debate. This conversation best picked up over some fermented beverages ( that is if bcb leaves some for the rest of us ) See you at duals.

bcb iii :excl:

Yeah, in Div 1 they have to slog their way through a bunch of guys who can hardly wrestle to then get to states and wrestle more mediocre wrestlers even into the finals. The ELITE wrestle D2, just follow the college results some time or consider that 4 of the top 5 team in the state are D2. :roflol: You started it!

Now, now, way to early for this. We will do our annual breakdown of each class following the state tourney and do the hypothetical D-1 and D-2 champs matchups, and once again I can show you the superiority of D-1 wrestling ( just joking). Some interesting contests for the respective champs and maybe a few for all the finalists but from third on down I think it is D-1 in a laugher. The tougher regions like 3 and 4 will have better guys sitting home ( ie unable to qualify to even go to states ) than some 3rd place D2 medalists. I have conceded long ago the D2 success in college to date goes far beyond what D1 has done though Jake Young and a few others in recent years may at least give me leg to stand on if we continue the college debate. This conversation best picked up over some fermented beverages ( that is if bcb leaves some for the rest of us ) See you at duals.

Fair enough...this can wait (someone jumped the gun and started the annual D1-D2 debate with their insults). I agree with your Region 3 and 4 examples. The flip side is that there are much weaker regions (much of the credit for this goes to our beloved TSSAA). As an example, our D2 school has 60+ wrestlers on the team. A number of our 2nd string wrestlers won the area preseason tournaments and/or have beaten the #1 ranked D1 guys in our region during the season. Just making varsity in a number of weight classes for the top 4 D2 schools can be more difficult than winning one of the weaker D1 regions. Ultimately these wrestlers will be much better for the competition that they face every day in the wrestling room. This is also likely one of the reasons that D2 wrestlers excel in college.

The debate continues...see you at the duals. Best of luck to your team!

103 - austin oliver dec brandon brunner

112 - blake thomas dec nic maxwell

119 - jack boone dec ethan hames

125 - campbell lewis maj. dec cullin king

130 - marvin lopez dec austin woods

135 - trevor herron dec hayden jordan

140 - turbo smith dec bradley colbaugh (possibly best match)

145 - jeremy miller dec brennan cox (possibly best match)

152 - chris aguilar maj. dec mccoy newberg

160 - ethan henry dec goose manning

171 - joe proctor tech cody davis

189 - michael kennedy maj. dec tyler toon

215 - cameron croy maj. dec isiah simpson

HWT - hunter allen dec taylor bain

should be a great tournament with a lot of great consolation matches too!!!!!