Lake Co. vs. Union City tonight at Tiptonville

mrbigster

I agree the game almost got out of hand! I was there sat on the UC side and behind me and my brother were some LC fans! I being neutral in this but those guys were cursing the whole game! Using some very nasty language! I know fans sometimes get caught up and get to involved in the game thats part of it! Thats not the first time i heard it and won't be the last! LC is not the same team i seen at Humboldt and will be a team to deal with! UC also will be a very scary team to play as always! I know in every game that is played it will be a couple of bad calls! It happens in baseball,football and bb u just have to deal with it and go on! The officials to me i agree this game was big and to much for them to handle! The bald official was kind of like me carrying to much weight and he was out of shape and about 30 years younger than i! I didn't mean that all LC fans were like those sitting behind us! U get that ever where u go! Boy this District and Region tourney will great and probably the most competitive in recent years! Hopefully the bad weather is over and won't factor in! Good Luck the rest of the year! :hungry:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zebra..I said in the otehr post that I thought there were going to be a coin toss and id Union city and Humboldt does what they are suppose to do..that's what is going to happen..So..depends who is going to be lucky..Also..I told you but really was kidding about the Union City announcers whining..It wasnt too bad..Just one time in the girls game I heard them say ..Union City was having trouble getting the ball up the court and Lake Co was still in a full court press with a 28 point lead with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter..Now..that's still a lot of time to play in the 3rd quarter and especially the game..still close to a half yet to be played..Then I thought..how ironic they would say that..I remember maybe about 2 or 3 years ago..the Union City boys would have a team down by 30 points at the half..by 50 going into the 4th quarter and be over a hundred points and still pressing..It may have been against Gleason or Greenfield..Can't remember..But it sure seems like they have a short memory..Another thing..I thought the officiating was horrendous..I thought the bald headed official was Sisco's brother..He was the official that was going to call the tech..had called a lot against Lake Co pretty well all night..calling a moving screen a couple times against Cody ..several times Union City was over Cody's back with no calls..I guess because Cody was so much bigger..Several in my group was giving them a rough time ,saying 3 seconds..call it both ways..then during time outs when the officials spread out and are looking into the crowds..pretty well have their eyes on certain fans that seem to stand out.A friend of mine was sitting behind me and hollering and the official was staring at our section and him in particular..This was about 20 seconds to go until half time..Then as the officials were leaving the floor..stopped and talked to the officers at the game and basically said he was going to throw him or maybe all of us out..The officer came up in the standa at the half and siad id he said anything else..was going to be asked to leave,,The thing is..We were at the very top..he's in the middle of the court..It's loud..No way he could even hear what was said..He may have seen some fingers pointings..mouths moving in dis-pleasure..maybe a lip reader..But the thing is..after that..can we not stand and say ..terrible call..call it both ways..as long as not cursing..Then later in the game..about 20 seconds to play..Union City called a timeout ..Lake Co came out first and Cody Taylor came out and knelt down close to the Union City huddle..really just in fun..he's done the same thing in other games as if to listen.The bald headed officials shook his head at Cody saying No..as if..you can't do that..Why?He was on the court..wasn't out of bounds..Most coaches call time out and gather around the chairs ..on the sidelines..Sisco had his players standing up ..huddled up on the lines..I thought the officials basically let the game kinda get out of hand..called a tech on a Union City player..then warned him and Swift about talking to each other..Then with about 35 seconds left to play..Lake Co threw the ball into Swift and he was hit very hard..more than your usual foul..Looked kinda like Swift was wanting to maybe go after him just by the look..Should have been an intentional,right in front of the official with no call because wasnt even going for the ball..Then when Union City tied the game up in overtime..another fan on the Union City side was standing close to the doorway ,jumping up and down,hollering about something..The official looked at him a good 30 seconds before letting the play begin..Thing was ..this fan was standing right beside about 5 police officials,so pretty sure he wasn't saying anything vulgar..Then at the end of the game..about a 7 minute delay before stsrting the overtime..I guess was conferring about maybe calling a tech for someone slamming the ball..What I saw was ,looked to be Cody heaving the ball at the other end of the floor..Anyway..as they were all gathered..looked to be about 3 or 4 Lake Co officials,Coach Johnson,usually a mild mannerd guy,Coach Newsome ,the Lake Co school officer and a fan behind the scoreboard having words with Sisco..Dont know what really happened or what was going on..Then at the end of the overtime..I saw Sisco walk over behind the score table and said something to the fan..let's just say..they know each other pretty well..Then it seemed like the Lake Co people were talking to the officials..then the bald headed official seemed to come over as overtime was about to start and said something to the fan..Anyway..the game ended and the officials went running out the back door with officers watching..That's only the second time in about 10 years .I've seen officials run out the back doors..And as bad as they were..should have went out the back door..So..I'm sure some are going to say..Bigster is just complaining..The officials always go out the front on the visitors side into the lobby leading to the shool hall ways..Not this time..The young Joiner guy ..the bald guy..seemed like it was just too big a game for them to handle.!

WOW! Do you like the sound of the keyboard typing or something?

i HAVE MY SOUND OFF.!

I wanted the folks at home that wasnt there..to visualize what it was like..kinda like the radio playing the Cardinal games back in the day..Too imagine the atmosphere..it was a rowdy and loud crowd..what you'd expect between Union City and Lake Co..Two pretty good teams at the moment.!

I agree the game almost got out of hand! I was there sat on the UC side and behind me and my brother were some LC fans! I being neutral in this but those guys were cursing the whole game! Using some very nasty language! I know fans sometimes get caught up and get to involved in the game thats part of it! Thats not the first time i heard it and won't be the last! LC is not the same team i seen at Humboldt and will be a team to deal with! UC also will be a very scary team to play as always! I know in every game that is played it will be a couple of bad calls! It happens in baseball,football and bb u just have to deal with it and go on! The officials to me i agree this game was big and to much for them to handle! The bald official was kind of like me carrying to much weight and he was out of shape and about 30 years younger than i! I didn't mean that all LC fans were like those sitting behind us! U get that ever where u go! Boy this District and Region tourney will great and probably the most competitive in recent years! Hopefully the bad weather is over and won't factor in! Good Luck the rest of the year! :hungry:

Going to be a good tournament.Don't know which team will win but going to be some good games..

First Class trailer park...aren't they

mrbigster posted...

".....Then I thought..how ironic they would say that..I remember maybe about 2 or 3 years ago..the Union City boys would have a team down by 30 points at the half..by 50 going into the 4th quarter and be over a hundred points and still pressing..It may have been against Gleason or Greenfield..Can't remember..But it sure seems like they have a short memory....."

Let's put this to rest....

I was at nearly all of those games those years....Union City did not have a team down 40-50 points and have over 100 themselves and still be pressing...Didn't happen...

If all you folks remember, Union City was playing 10 players subbing 5 at a time...They were about 15 deep...The last 5 on those teams could have beaten the majority of the teams in the district...UC would press your jockstraps off in the first half...Then they would turn the game over to those guys that were not in the 10 man rotation...Would they still be scoring ??...Sure they would...Why wouldn't they ??...Pressing ??..Nope..Sorry, didn't happen....There have only been a couple times when Sisco rubbed it into somebody's face...Once was when the former Greenfield coach, the guy that looked like he was in the Soprano family, ran his mouth about he didn't think UC was that good of a team....There is no telling how many games that MJ and Co. didn't even step on the floor after halftime during his Jr and Sr seasons...

Seems like somebody else has a short memory.... :hungry:

And security coming on to the court is nothing new at a Lake County-Union City game in Tiptonville...I would imagine it's happened at a couple LC-Humboldt games as well....

I agree the game almost got out of hand! I was there sat on the UC side and behind me and my brother were some LC fans! I being neutral in this but those guys were cursing the whole game! Using some very nasty language! I know fans sometimes get caught up and get to involved in the game thats part of it! Thats not the first time i heard it and won't be the last! LC is not the same team i seen at Humboldt and will be a team to deal with! UC also will be a very scary team to play as always! I know in every game that is played it will be a couple of bad calls! It happens in baseball,football and bb u just have to deal with it and go on! The officials to me i agree this game was big and to much for them to handle! The bald official was kind of like me carrying to much weight and he was out of shape and about 30 years younger than i! I didn't mean that all LC fans were like those sitting behind us! U get that ever where u go! Boy this District and Region tourney will great and probably the most competitive in recent years! Hopefully the bad weather is over and won't factor in! Good Luck the rest of the year! :roflol:

Not all Lake County people act like that. I am willing to bet that some UC people used nasty language last night. Your comment is just classless.

I agree the game almost got out of hand! I was there sat on the UC side and behind me and my brother were some LC fans! I being neutral in this but those guys were cursing the whole game! Using some very nasty language! I know fans sometimes get caught up and get to involved in the game thats part of it! Thats not the first time i heard it and won't be the last! LC is not the same team i seen at Humboldt and will be a team to deal with! UC also will be a very scary team to play as always! I know in every game that is played it will be a couple of bad calls! It happens in baseball,football and bb u just have to deal with it and go on! The officials to me i agree this game was big and to much for them to handle! The bald official was kind of like me carrying to much weight and he was out of shape and about 30 years younger than i! I didn't mean that all LC fans were like those sitting behind us! U get that ever where u go! Boy this District and Region tourney will great and probably the most competitive in recent years! Hopefully the bad weather is over and won't factor in! Good Luck the rest of the year! :roflol:

Not all Lake County people act like that. I am willing to bet that some UC people used nasty language last night. Your comment is just classless.

I didt'n see anything out of line from any fans..just loud and voicing their displeasure..And yes ,I was one of them..Nothing wrong with a little WWE atmosphere.I've seen the same type crowds at both Union City and Humboldt the past 4 or 5 years..Nothing bad..just loud and the place was rocking.!

mrbigster posted...

".....Then I thought..how ironic they would say that..I remember maybe about 2 or 3 years ago..the Union City boys would have a team down by 30 points at the half..by 50 going into the 4th quarter and be over a hundred points and still pressing..It may have been against Gleason or Greenfield..Can't remember..But it sure seems like they have a short memory....."

Let's put this to rest....

I was at nearly all of those games those years....Union City did not have a team down 40-50 points and have over 100 themselves and still be pressing...Didn't happen...

If all you folks remember, Union City was playing 10 players subbing 5 at a time...They were about 15 deep...The last 5 on those teams could have beaten the majority of the teams in the district...UC would press your jockstraps off in the first half...Then they would turn the game over to those guys that were not in the 10 man rotation...Would they still be scoring ??...Sure they would...Why wouldn't they ??...Pressing ??..Nope..Sorry, didn't happen....There have only been a couple times when Sisco rubbed it into somebody's face...Once was when the former Greenfield coach, the guy that looked like he was in the Soprano family, ran his mouth about he didn't think UC was that good of a team....There is no telling how many games that MJ and Co. didn't even step on the floor after halftime during his Jr and Sr seasons...

Seems like somebody else has a short memory.... :roflol:

And security coming on to the court is nothing new at a Lake County-Union City game in Tiptonville...I would imagine it's happened at a couple LC-Humboldt games as well....

I'll leave the first part of my post to the Gleason and Greenfield faithful..As far as security..really didnt see anythinhg out of hand..Just a typical Lake Co-Union City game that was probably more vocal because Union City had won the past 2 mmetings and Lake co having a couple new members..And being Union City made it that much more vocal and fun..A great atmosphere for a couple good teams..Union city has a fine team ..some great shooters and hate him or like him..Sisco is a very good coach.!I believe the security was just that the game was heated because of the intensity of both teams and just making sure there weren't going to be any things said on the way out..from the Union City fans as well..Especially after a tough loss..Other than just a screaming,hollering bunch of fans upset with some calls..was a great atmosphere.Nothing at any players..no threats on officials..just a loud vocal crowd..And at Lake Co..when Union City ,Humboldt,and teams like Dyer Co and Dyersburg..you're gonna have that..!Anybody that has been to Lake Co games the past 4 years or so know the fan situation is closely monitored..have sections roped off on the visitors side that Lake Co fans can't sit in..So Lake Co school officials do a good job..Just that last night ,the crowd was loud and from my opinion..the official wanted to let everyone know he was in charge..and maybe made it worse at times.!

I'm sorry you were offended but I was not referring to just the Lake County fans. I was referring to NORTHWEST TN but mainly LC and UC both!!!!!! Most people (fans) can control themselves in a basketball game. Some cannot. It sounds as this mob crossed over the spirit of competition line into once again Jerry Springer--Trailer Court --WWF--Rural Beer Joint ---Redneck--mentality and behavior.

Ut..I think for the most part..was a good crowd..It was loud..Sometimes when an official makes a bad call..the fans let him know..Then next time ,it is louder..I believe the commotion at the end of the game..before the overtime ..with Sisco and some other people and the officials all played a part toward the end..But nothing out of the way as far as terrible behavior.!

Read all my post which stated not all LC fans were like that! You get that everywhere you go! We all get loud and rowdy at times! Who hasn't i certainly didn't mean to offend anyone! :excl: