Shelby/Metro (Memphis Area) Basketball!!!

coachgat

As I said earlier in the season, it's going to flip so many times with teams heating up and cooling off. It's really hard to tell who is going to come out this year. It's so many teams trying to find their post season identity right now and some teams are just a few games away from having the right chemistry. It's been some really interesting games in 14-AAA, 15-AAA and 16-AAA. I'm not sure what's been going on in 13-AAA other than Jackson Northside being the heavy favorite to win the regular and tournament championship.

In 13-AAA the records aren't really clear on coacht but it appears like this...

1. Jackson Northside

2. Dyer County

3. Brighton

4. Hardin County

14-AAA

1. Millington

2. Arlington

3. Cordova

4. Craigmont

15-AAA

1. Overton

2. Ridgeway

3. Southwind

4. Collierville

16-AAA

1. Central

2. White Station

3. East

4. Mitchell

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 8 District 16

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Memphis Central 7-0 100.00%

2 Mitchell 3-1 75.00%

3 Whitehaven 3-2 60.00%

4 White Station 2-1 66.70%

5 Hamilton 1-4 20.00%

6 Memphis East 0-3 0.00%

7 Melrose 0-5 0.00%

While I guess it will work out, the schedule looks like each school plays the other twice in District Standings. Is that the way it works? In the end, all schools will have 12 games played and MC likely will have a 12-0 record.

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 8 District 15

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Ridgeway 6-2 75.00%

2 Memphis Overton 5-0 100.00%

3 Collierville 4-1 80.00%

4 Houston 2-3 40.00%

5 Kirby 0-2 0.00%

6 Southwind 0-2 0.00%

7 Germantown 0-3 0.00%

8 Wooddale 0-4 0.00%

It looks as if in the end all schools will have 14 games played in District according to the schedule. Can anyone tell me who is keeping up with the wins and losses so they might be contacted as to results. Thanks.

:thumb:Coach Gat will have Millington in the District 14-3A and Region 7-3A Championships!! The Lady Trojans are very much tested with the schedule they have had this year and over the years. As always there will be upsets and teams under the radar, however i do feel it will be Millington vs Jax Northside for 7-3A and Memphis Central vs Overton on 8-3A. If i had to choose teams to be concerned about, they would be: Ridgeway, Southwind, White Station, Cordova, Arlington, and Bartlett (they are veryyyy young but you never know).

:thumb: Should be very very interesting!! GO MILLINGTON!!!!

Below is listed the memphis dandy dozen. this includes the overall record and not the record for District play.

Girls

School/ Record/ Last rank

1. Central/ 16-3/ 1

2. Overton/ 19-1/ 2

3. Horn Lake/ 20-2/ 3

4. Fairley/ 21-3/ 4

5. St. Benedict/ 21-4/ 7

6. Millington/ 23-2/ 6

7. White Station/ 16-7/ 9

8. Manassas/ 18-3/ 11

9. Harding/ 17-5/ NR

10. Ridgeway/ 16-5/ 5

memphis Feb 4

GIRLS BASKETBALL SUMMARIES

St. Benedict (61) -- Nikki Benedetti 3, Serena Branch 3, Symone Daniels 12, Julie Eckel 9, Allison Hotz 9, Madison Luckett 4, Ariel Revere 7, Alexis Salazar 3, Allison Siano 2, Rasie Turner 4, Megan Van Eaton 3, Paige Williams 2.

St. Agnes (33) -- Ally Haag 13, Devan Langston 10, Taylor McKeever 2, Cristina Patton 2, Maggie Thompson 2, Rachel Young 4.

St. Benedict / 8 / 14 / 15 / 24 / -- / 61 /

St. Agnes / 6 / 4 / 14 / 9 / -- / 33 /

Records -- St. Agnes 13-13 (2-4, Div. 2).

Catholic (49) -- Philecia Atkins-Gilmore 19, Kayla Faulkner 2, Mary Hanrahan 9, Janell Harville 7, Jada Lewis 1, Ebone Webb 2, Henrietta Wells 9.

Central Baptist (42) -- Lauren Carson 5, Emily Gravatt 3, Amber Pike 18, Chelsea Sparks 6, Joanne Word 10.

Catholic / 11 / 9 / 12 / 17 / -- / 49 /

Central Baptist / 14 / 9 / 8 / 11 / -- / 42 /

Records -- Central Baptist 11-11.

Tipton-Rosemark Aca. (15) -- Courtney Ankebrant 2, Juliann McCommon 8, Caitie Montague 5.

FACS (59) -- Taylor Bedingfield 3, Allie Digirolamo 3, Jamie Farrell 5, Rachel Lucas 6, Mary Lou Mills 6, Carley Pope 7, Natalie Smith 2, Olivia Vance 25, Kristen Victory 2.

Tipton-Rosemark Aca. / 0 / 5 / 8 / 2 / -- / 15 /

FACS / 24 / 16 / 8 / 11 / -- / 59 /

Records -- FACS 9-9.

Southaven (30) -- Kristin Elmore 1, Jenisha Fayne 4, Olivia Jackson 6, Jasmine Joyner 8, Diana Lacey 2, Haroldlyn Riels 2, Briana Williams 7.

Horn Lake (53) -- Monique Biggins 11, Brittany Biggins 2, Megan Church 7, Tia Coleman 4, Jasmyn Johnson 2, Rosalyn Odom 2, Jasabrielle Swain 25.

Southaven / 6 / 11 / 4 / 9 / -- / 30 /

Horn Lake / 4 / 15 / 18 / 16 / -- / 53 /

Records -- Horn Lake 21-2.

Frayser (42) -- Etenica Felton 4, Tal Fisher 11, Precious Flowers 9, Camara Grandberry 4, Jasmine McKinney 6, Andreona Williams 8.

Middle College (43) -- Malkeisha Allen 9, Adrienne Byas 7, Jasmine Mathis 23, Dominique Shaw 4.

Frayser / 3 / 9 / 14 / 16 / -- / 42 /

Middle College / 13 / 9 / 8 / 13 / -- / 43 /

Records -- Middle College 2-14 (2-10, 15A).

Manassas (65) -- Jamie Bond 13, Lakendra Harris 2, Tiffany Jones 7, Cratisha Jones 4, Desiree Phillips 18, Jamille Reed 14, Victoria White 7.

Trezevant (79) -- Khadijah Beavers 5, Shervonte Bright 22, Stacy Carmichael 11, Barbara Hawkins 15, Fran Montague 3, Lillie Pittman 16, Lakeisha Robinson 7.

Manassas / 12 / 19 / 10 / 24 / -- / 65 /

Trezevant / 20 / 19 / 20 / 20 / -- / 79 /

Records -- Manassas 18-4 (6-1, 15AA), Trezevant 11-11 (6-1, 15AA).

:lol:Millington-80; Bolton-46

:thumb: Man Coach Gat you've got your team clicking at the right time! Beat Ral-Egypt 84-24 and tonight ran ALL over Bolton 80-46. Keep on rollin' thru playing that AWESOME defense that creates so many points! The Millington faithful are proud of your teams accomplishments! Good Luck to Jasmine Newsome on winning Ms Basketball AAA!!!!!

:o Millington Lady Trojans (24-2; 9-0 14-3A) AP Rank#6

Arlington Lady Tiger center Camille Alberson has been in the zone lately on the basketball court.

On Friday, she entered into another stratosphere. The junior scored 30 points, snagged 15 rebounds and netted three crucial free throws in overtime leading her team to a thrilling, 55-54, overtime victory over Cordova in a District 14-AAA battle.

Teammate Ariel Hearn joined Alberson in the highest stratosphere sinking a driving layup at the buzzer to force overtime at 51, and then calmly connected on a free throw with 1.8 seconds left to pull off the heart-thumping win. Arlington also won in exciting style in January with a 70-66 victory over the Lady Wolves.

“This is the first time in my life to score 30 points,” said an overjoyed Alberson. “I am happy to have my best game of my career against Cordova. I am proud of the way we rallied back and handled the pressure when we could have folded.”

Cordova’s Gabriella Hernandez hit a free throw for a 51-47 lead with 17 seconds left in regulation. However, the speedster Hearn netted a fall-away jumper with a dozen seconds remaining, and then grabbed a rebound, raced the length of the court, and sank the tying shot as the horn sounded knotting the game at 51.

The home crowd went nuts.

In overtime, both teams missed free throws and gave away possessions. However, with the score knotted at 54 and 25 seconds left, Arlington’s Christyn Hopper stole the ball, raced down the court, but stumbled and missed the contested shot. However, Hearn was there for the rebound and was fouled. Hearn buried the first free throw, giving her team at 55-54 lead with 1.8 left. The strategy was to purposely miss the second free throw and have the clock expire, but the shot failed to hit the rim giving Cordova one last prayer. Nelson got the inbound pass and heaved a 60-footer at the buzzer that fell short.

An exhausted Tiger coach David Offerele was thrilled after the game.

“I keep a collection of tapes of teams that play great basketball and that first half was as good as anyone,” Offerele said of his squad’s 15-point halftime cushion and nearly flawless execution. “I am saving the tape. This game had many twists and turns with us leading big, then watching Cordova battle back, then we hit the buzzer shot to send the game into overtime, and finally win it on a free throw. Wow, that was exciting.

“Camille was incredible,” Offerele added. “She was in a zone tonight; she made everything. I am so proud of her and the entire group. We never quit, no matter what we face. This is an important win.”

Arlington (19-5) is ranked No. 11 in The Commercial Appeal’s Dandy Dozen while Cordova (16-5) is slated 12th.

“This was such an emotional game that could have gone either way,” said Cordova coach Rhonda Kendall. “I am very proud of my team battling back in the second half. We are having a lot of growing pains. We must improve at handling adversity and the intense pressure at the end of games. We could have sealed the deal by making our free throws. We rallied back and almost pulled it off.”

Nelson, an Ole Miss signee, scored 19 of her 26 points in helping the Wolves rally in the second half. Trailing 31-16, Nelson went on a scoring binge, helping Cordova outscore the hosts 16-5 to trim Arlington’s lead to 36-32 at the end of three quarters. Nelson’s 14-footer with 7:12 left in the game tied the game at 36, and then she gave the Wolves their first lead with a free throw at 37-36.

Hearn scored 12 points and Hopper had 10 for Arlington. Cordova’s Taylor Jefferies pitched in 13 points.

— Reese Wagner, the 10-year-old Shelby County resident who survived after falling into an icy pond in January and spent weeks in the hospital, was on hand to serve as the honorary captain for the Arlington Tigers. He is a fifth grader at Bon Lin Elementary and was called a “miracle” in pre-game introductions.

The article is from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.