Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthseeker... first of all poop on your Mcdonald's All American. He got shut down by a junior in Shelley Young, and NO one was jealous of Andrews' honor. NO one was yelling at Andrews' directly, unlike your "perfect" Shelbyville fans who talk to our players saying stuff like "big nose" and saying one of our players was on steroids. He is a SORE LOSER winy girl just like everyone else in Shelbyville.

Second: People DONT just fall down. Obviously your boy Thomas shoved her in some way to make her fall down, making her cry.

It sounds to me like Shelbyville High is more a preschool and place for babies than a place of learning.

College teams get a hefty fine if their crowds rush the courts, and there is a reason for this....

People go to jail for years and pay hefty fines for assault and there is a reason for this..... So, what is your point?

My point is that the NCAA puts such fines in place to prevent bedlam from breaking out. Does it still happen, sure it does, but the fine is a deterrent. I was at the heated OHS/SHS game friday night (at the end the Siegel Coach only shook the Oakland coach's hand and not the rest of the team, IMAGINE that), and the visiting schools principal, 2 assistant principals, SRO, and 4 or 5 faculty ensured their students didn't rush the court. Just saying, lots of people, outside Lawrence Co of course, can see the dangers and situations that could occur from this, hence the fines.

First, this is not the NCAA. Second, if the TSSAA has a punishment in place for going on the court after a game then LCHS should pay it.

Now, what should the punishment for assault(s) be that SCHS needs to step up and take responsibility for?

Truthseeker... first of all poop on your Mcdonald's All American. He got shut down by a junior in Shelley Young, and NO one was jealous of Andrews' honor. NO one was yelling at Andrews' directly, unlike your "perfect" Shelbyville fans who talk to our players saying stuff like "big nose" and saying one of our players was on steroids. He is a SORE LOSER winy girl just like everyone else in Shelbyville.

Second: People DONT just fall down. Obviously your boy Thomas shoved her in some way to make her fall down, making her cry.

It sounds to me like Shelbyville High is more a preschool and place for babies than a place of learning.

Well if your definition of shutting down is 26 point's and 5 three pointers from Andrew's, i guess that make's since?

Okay. I was there from 5:00 P.M. until 10:30 P.M. that night. For starters, the refs did let things get out of hand. They dictate the outcome and the actions of the fans. BUT there was no reason for LC fans to rush the floor, no they did not just stand in the little corner that you like to think they did. They ran alllllll the way over to the bench of the visitor side. Have respect, you just don't do that. Period! Now if this was a neutral site and this game meant something in the district standings, i would understand. But it didn't. As for Coach Thomas of SCHS not shaking the players hands, that's normal. Coaches shake hands. I sat there and watched with my two eyes see him shake the other coaches hand. LCHS Student section shouldn't have been standing in the way of the SCHS Eagles entrance to THEIR locker room. Have some respect to let the HOME team get into THEIR locker room. Also, I know Coach Thomas on a personal level, this man would NEVER touch or "PUSH" (as you like to say he did) a young woman in the way you are saying he did. Once again, if they(LCHS STUDENTS&CHEERLEADERS) were not in the way of SCHS locker room, this would have never occurred. Also, LCHS Students need to have more class. Don't call someone an inappropriate word just because you do not like him because the kids got talent. & THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! A young man from the LCHS student section called Andrews something that should not have been said and Andrews turned and the guy was walking towards him and E then walked towards him and they went at it. No E did NOT get knocked out, you'd have to have a lot more people on your side to take him down. The SCHS admin. always makes sure that their student section NEVER rushes the floor or post inappropriate sayings on their white board. Truth is our Assistant Principle sits RIGHT be the student section. The last saying that LCHS posted on their board was "PLUCK THE EAGLES", now you tell me this, is this really necessary? I think not! I give props to the SCHS student section for not joining the childish fight. The LCHS student section can get VERY RUDE and be VERY out of line! I know this from first hand, maybe you guys should tell your cheerleaders that getting as close to the opposing teams player throwing the ball in and yelling in their ear isn't the most sportsman like thing! I promise you this is true, b/c i did once tell the ref about it one game and he turned around and the young lady was right in my ear! For you to say that our #50 is the most unsportsmanlike player and a dirty player, you are wrong. BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE A #50. shows how much you know! All i know is there better be a whole lot of state troopers at the girls & boys game when the Eaglettes and Eagles get around the Lady WildCats and WildCats again. These two student sections will never let this one go!

If the Shelbyville players are so sportsmanlike answer my comment from earlier when I stated they had called my nephew a "Special Olympian" when he does in fact have a sister that is involved in Special Olympics. I'm not defending LCHS but you seem pretty determined to make us think SCHS is so holier than thou???

randymc: since you like to refer to Oakland, what happens if an OHS player hit a Siegel fan Friday night and it was not self-defense? What do Coach King and Mr. Vaughn do when he shows up at school tomorrow, if they haven't already? (I bet Mr. Vaughn wouldn't have called the Siegel fans "white trash", either.)

Well if your definition of shutting down is 26 point's and 5 three pointers from Andrew's, i guess that make's since?

Ok, so he didn't "shut him down", but my point is that he was not allowed to take over the game like he has done so many times, including Lawrence County.

Come on now guys: You are expecting everyone to believe that Andrews just rushed into the student section without being taunted or anything and punched a student? If he was just out to get someone from Lawrence County why did he go after one particular student? There was plenty standing on the floor for him to punch.

And you say this is because he was upset about the loss: Andrews has been playing in that gym, going to that locker room for the past 4 years They have lost plenty of games in those 4 years Never once has he or any other player rushed the student section. What makes this game different?? If Andrews were indeed mad about the loss he would have been fighting the players not the students. You were not playing you did not have one thing to do with the win!!!

Come on admit it: You guys were just mad because Andrews won the McDonald Award and you were being your usual mouthy selves!!

People your wasting your time arguing with people like "truthseeker" and "mynameisjeffie" they ignore the facts and distort the truth to their favor..I'VE SAID THREE OR FOUR TIMES ALREADY IT WAS AN ASSISTANT COACH...he admitted it..tried to apoligize..it may have been an accident and it may have been in the heat of the moment...if he had it to do over again he probaly wouldn't have done it and have been more careful. It still dosen't change the fact the LCHS students rushed the floor..out of excitement only to congratulate the team...the SRO corralled them up and put them back in the stands...the incident with the coach happened..the players from SCHS were already upset because of the loss and was following Coach T's lead in their behavior..I'm sure he was upset..there were ticky tack fouls called on both teams..both were at the foul limit..but every ref in every game I've ever seen will "T" you up if you act like the Coach did..was it fair...who knows..I do know fans do get in players heads and obviously EA took offense to it..but it was no different than the way SCHS students were acting..Believe it or not I know all the kids that werein the student section and they are good kids.."truthseeker" you should be ashamed of yourself for alledging that they said something racist..you've have distorted every fact to try to make yourself look better..and there was no bottle of anything thrown either..it was just an unfortunate turn of events that got out of control..that otherwise overshadowed a great basketball game.

randymc: since you like to refer to Oakland, what happens if an OHS player hit a Siegel fan Friday night and it was not self-defense? What do Coach King and Mr. Vaughn do when he shows up at school tomorrow, if they haven't already? (I bet Mr. Vaughn wouldn't have called the Siegel fans "white trash", either.)

1st off, Coach King and Mr. Vaughn neither one are at OHS anymore. And I am sure Mr. Vaughn would have had plenty of choice words for them actually. Probably not "White Trash" because that would not be fitting for Siegel, but I am sure it would be appropriate. In our game with Siegel a few years ago, Siegel student throw bottles at our students and players after we beat them at their gym, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was done about it. To answer your question, I am sure there would be some type of punishment when all the facts are hashed out, as I am sure there will be with Andrews. I am sure there must be video of this somewhere.