Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

Thanks CoachT for shedding some light on this matter and opening things back up! Has Coach Thomas been in contact with the cheerleader to at least say he was sorry? Seems like that would be something that needs to be done. I do hope the TSSAA does something about this. Did "Big Mac and the side orders of fries" play Saturday night?

E.Andrews and all of the Shelbyville players played Saturday night.

Thanks Clay...........just what I thought!! So it appears the only thing SCHS has done is change the student seating. I am not surprised considering the things the principal said Friday night about the LCHS fans. The only way punishment will take place is if the TSSAA takes over!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the facts as I know them now, after discussing this with every possible person today:

Hey Coach....you appear to have some good information on what has taken place. Have you heard if the Shelbyville administration is going to punish EA or any of the players who went into the stands to fight?

If they do not pursue punishment does TSSAA have the jurisdiction to do anything?

Thanks CoachT for shedding some light on this matter and opening things back up! Has Coach Thomas been in contact with the cheerleader to at least say he was sorry? Seems like that would be something that needs to be done. I do hope the TSSAA does something about this. Did "Big Mac and the side orders of fries" play Saturday night?

E.Andrews and all of the Shelbyville players played Saturday night.

Thanks Clay...........just what I thought!! So it appears the only thing SCHS has done is change the student seating. I am not surprised considering the things the principal said Friday night about the LCHS fans. The only way punishment will take place is if the TSSAA takes over!

The TSSAA is seriously investigating, by all accounts. It is customary for players to continue to play until the decision is in. I would hope that if any of our players did this the coaching staff and administration would have already dismissed them from the team. I told the players in my class today that exact thing. Skirmishes during a game happen at times, are regrettable, and should be punished. This incident is much more than that, though.

I had numerous students tell me what the principal said to them or to others around them. Disappointing, to say the least.

Here are the facts as I know them now, after discussing this with every possible person today:

Hey Coach....you appear to have some good information on what has taken place. Have you heard if the Shelbyville administration is going to punish EA or any of the players who went into the stands to fight?

If they do not pursue punishment does TSSAA have the jurisdiction to do anything?

I assume since they played Saturday night....no.

TSSAA definitely can punish them. We'll just have to wait and see.

Coach...I know this is not pertaining to this thread but what ever happened to GOMAB? I sure did like his ranking of the top 100 players of each class as he did back in the day. I guess that was 8 to 10 years ago during the younger years of the CoachT site...my time flies!!

Coach...I know this is not pertaining to this thread but what ever happened to GOMAB? I sure did like his ranking of the top 100 players of each class as he did back in the day. I guess that was 8 to 10 years ago during the younger years of the CoachT site...my time flies!!

He opened his own website dealing with AAU and I haven't heard from or seen him in several years. Did a good job ranking teams.

Time does fly. 12 1/2 years now.

Three Golden Eagle basketball players have been suspended for the season. Senior Emmanuel Andrews, junior Trevor Reed, and sophomore Qua Allen.

Lawrence County was fined a yet to be disclosed amount and, I assume, SCHS was also fined but no independent verification of that. As soon as the TSSAA releases a detailed press release I will post it on the site's home page.