Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence County won the game, and the ref's let it get way out of hand. So after the game, the Lawrence County student section is seated beside the Eagles locker room entrance, and they started chanting at the players as they started to walk by, the next thing you know, its a brawl. Coaches, players, police, cheer leaders were caught in the middle of it. Everyone swinging, everyone storms the court and run's over there. Eagle students got in it, everyone did. I was there, this is all i know, anyone else know anything deeper?

I heard something about a Shelbyville coach knocking down a cheerleader prior to the brawl breaking out. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I know it wouldnt have taken much to rile up the already pumped up Wildcat fans. Don't know who started it, but I have a feeling it was a mutual thing.

Just talked to someone in the know, and the SCHS coach didn't push or knock down and LCHS cheerleader. Heard it was the LCHS fans and their SRO mostly.

I have just heard that the Lawrence County SRO Officer was walked out of the gym by officers and they are saying that he is the one that started it all by taunting eagle's coach Kevin Thomas as he was walking to the locker room.

Hopefully the game film was still on. If so, it will show that the SRO Officer from Lawrence Co was way out of line.

I don't think that Lawrence Co has beaten Shelbyville in 4 or 5 years so it is understandable that their student section would be excited but where was the Lawrence County administration? I have seen both the Shelbyville Principal and Asst. Principal get involved with their own students at away games if they felt that they were getting out of line. Lawrence County should do the same.

One more thing. The refs were HORRIBLE. If their was a supervisor present and something is not done about (2) of them, (and believe me anyone at the game knows which 2) it will be a travesty.

I wasn't actually there but I'm good friends with some of the people involved and have heard numerous accounts of the incident, including Lawrence County Senior Kyle Brink who had a great game against Shelbyville too insure a Wildcat victory.

From my understanding as the game concluded the Wildcat Student Section stormed the court because of the great intense win. One of Shelbyville's coach's was extremely upset on account of the loss and stormed off the floor and in the process shoved down one of the smallest Lawrence County Wildcat cheerleaders. Lawrence County's SRO officer confronted the coach. While this was happening the district MVP Emmanuel Andrews made a bee line into the LCHS Fans and took "the cheapest shot ever" on one of the fans. The fan stumbled back and another tried to contain Andrews as other Shelbyville players joined in and another LCHS fan taking up for the dazed and bloody fan knocked Andrews completely out and it took multiple people to pull him off.

Please Correct me if I am wrong. This is based on multiple students and parents who attended the game.

GO WILDCATS!!!