Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually in the action. Took a right hook to the jaw from a Shelbyville player. The student section was not chanting at the Shelbyville players, but at the Shelbyville coach arguing with our SRO Officer. Then in a flash Emmanuel Andrews darts in on us followed by the entire team. Andrews went down and we held our own. We did not go in that gym looking for a fight. If you are given a McDonald's All-American Award then you must show more class than that. We were no worse than Shelbyville student section saying #10 was on steroids and #14 had a big nose. That was not necessary on their part.

I was at the game, saw the whole thing. Shelbyville coach DID push one of the LCHS cheerleaders, not sure whether it accidental or on purpose but he DID push her. The SRO for LCHS went to the coach and confronted him and tried to get a SCHS staff person to come over there to get it under control. The student section for LCHS was chanting for the SRO and Andrews come to the student section and got in one of the kids face, words were exchanged and Andrews threw a cheap shot and the other SCHS basketball players and LCHS students got involved. Shelbyville coaches were very upset after the game, the coaches were yelling at the ref's and head coach got ANOTHER tech.after the game was over. He was very upset. The whole situation got out of hand, not saying either side is innocent in the whole thing. What we do know for sure is one kid from LCHS received a severe cut above his eye from Andrews hitting him. Just curious what TSSAA will have to say about the whole situation

you must have not been there either since you have nothin to say. so sorry mom i'll try to 'hush"

He cant tell that we need to get our facts straight. He knows who started it, he just doesnt want to admit it. Half of us was standing right there where it was goin down. Where was he, in his car listening to the radio

Hey everyone. Let's clarify something quickly. The refs called two technical fouls on Shelbyville. One on Coach Kevin Thomas and other came on Isaiah Washington. Shelbyville won the last nine games between the two teams dating back to a Wildcat 69-63 win on Feb. 4, 2005 in Lawrenceburg.

I am pretty sure nobody said anything about the last nine games. we are talkin about what happened tonight an how out of line the SCHS superstar was. What he did was very immature an unexcusable.

No problem Catbacker. You are right. If Emmanuel Andrews went into the stands, that was unprofessional. I did not see that. I know one player tried to take some shots at a LCHS student and I separated them. Several people said the Shelbyville coach shoved an LCHS cheerleader. What else does anyone know about this incident?

This is WDXE's take on what happened.

http://www.wdxe.com/wdxe.php?rfc=narticle.php&id=14763

Lady Cats; Wildcats Sweep Shelbyville, Brawl Breaks Out After Boys Game

Posted on February 06, 2010

The Lawrence County High Lady Cats and Wildcats swept Shelbyville at Shelbyville on Friday night, but what many may remember from the night was the brawl that erputed after the boys game.

The Wildcats defeated the district leading Golden Eagles in a hard fought, foul marred contest to move back into the district race.

After the game as the Shelbyville coaches and players were making their way to the locker room something happend that sparked a brawl that involved upwards of 30 fans and possibly some Shelbyville players and maybe a coach.

No one was seriously injured in the ruckus, which according to at least three people near the scene, began after someone from Shelbyville allegedly pushed a LCHS cheerleader.

No Lawrence County players were involved in the brawl which will no doubt be investigated by the TSSAA.

Shebyville was assessed two technical fouls in the game and possibly one at the end of the contest.

No problem Catbacker. You are right. If Emmanuel Andrews went into the stands, that was unprofessional. I did not see that. I know one player tried to take some shots at a LCHS student and I separated them. Several people said the Shelbyville coach shoved an LCHS cheerleader. What else does anyone know about this incident?

Well i know one thing is for sure.. a rivalry was born tonight. i just hope in the future the SCHS administration does something to repremend andrews so we can keep the game on the court

I do know that Andrews went into LCHS student section and I do know that several SCHS players followed him. I also know that SCHS principal called LCHS fans white trash, cheaters and sore losers????? not sure where the sore losers came from since we won but that's what he said and I do know that there was alot of yelling at our coach and players about how awful the game was called. The only thing I am not sure of is why??? we came to play and we came to win. I think what happened after the game is a shame. Not sure if McDonalds picks their all americans based just on how well they play or if the expect you to have a good attitude off the court also, if they do they might want to reconsider giving him that honor.