Best Pitcher in the state

Best

The pitchers in the circle didn't win that Oklahoma game. It was the pitcher on third with her grand slam. If you saw the games, you would agree that pitching was weak at times, for this level of play. UT has a great defense. It helps. Either Cat, Andi or Ivy will work it out, as I am sure they will, or the new crew will take over the circle next year. Neither one made it through a complete game. The pitching isn't deep enough this year at Tennessee for that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitchers in the circle didn't win that Oklahoma game. It was the pitcher on third with her grand slam. If you saw the games, you would agree that pitching was weak at times, for this level of play. UT has a great defense. It helps. Either Cat, Andi or Ivy will work it out, as I am sure they will, or the new crew will take over the circle next year. Neither one made it through a complete game. The pitching isn't deep enough this year at Tennessee for that.

..........you lost me. What "new crew"? And, your last statement made no sense at all. If one pitcher completes games you really do not need "deep" pitching.........do you?

What a silly comment. Cat made the ALL SEC TEAM last year for what she did on the mound. (one of four pitchers I think) Do you know how hard it is to do that. Ivy will probably win SEC awards this year too. I am so proud of Megan Givens , Whitney Hammond, and Shelby Burchall too. I heard from the Tennessee parents that during the Oklahoma game, which is one of the best offensive teams in the nation by the way, Ivy and Cat had over 10 k's throughout the game and the Tennessee girls had 6 hits by the third inning off of Oklahoma's ace. They loaded the bases twice. They are going to be fine. The best thing about it they say the girls are having a great time. This is the best team chemistry wise UT has had in years. They are loving practice, the travel and the tough competition. Saturday was all about just having a bad , cold, wet, muddy day. So what. Be proud of your daughter at UT Chattanooga, brag on her team . I will support you all the way. I hope she has as much fun as the Tennessee girls. :thumb::thumb:

Tennessee is a top 25 team every year playing in the SEC , which is second only to the Pac 10 . They have, every year, a recruiting class in the top five according to ESPN. Although they may, like any top team , have a bad day here and there, I really dont think they have a weak anything. Alabama was run ruled on their own field by a no name team this past weekend and I dont think they are going to be weak either. By the way, in top college programs especially early in the season it is common for top coaches to swap young freshman or sophomore pitchers in and out to see what one...or the other can do. It doesnt mean they cant finish a game. :thumb:

The new crew would be the 2010 signs. Renfroe, California Pitcher of the year, and not sure who else. If no one completes a game and you play three in one day, uh well, deep pitching would help in my opinion. Both pitchers pitched game one you probably wouldn't want them to pitch game 2. It was going to be a problem Sunday before the game cancelled. That is just how I see it. Just thinking Tennessee wouldn't have fallen out of top 25 if they had more experienced pitching. It appears from recruiting they are trying to correct that mistake. They should be stacked by Hosfield's senior year. JMO

The new crew would be the 2010 signs. Renfroe, California Pitcher of the year, and not sure who else. If no one completes a game and you play three in one day, uh well, deep pitching would help in my opinion. Both pitchers pitched game one you probably wouldn't want them to pitch game 2. It was going to be a problem Sunday before the game cancelled. That is just how I see it. Just thinking Tennessee wouldn't have fallen out of top 25 if they had more experienced pitching. It appears from recruiting they are trying to correct that mistake. They should be stacked by Hosfield's senior year. JMO

Sounds like from the comments you are making that you should be working the “Baseball boards” :?:

Either of the Tn. Pitchers are capable of pitching multiple complete games in one day…….You know not what you say!

:?:

:evil:

I never said they weren't capable. I just said I thought they needed more depth. It had nothing to do with the individual pitchers. I saw the game. It is an opinion. Period. Cat is obviously capable. She did last year. I was just saying.....and I do know what I saw. It will just take more to win a national Championship than what I saw this week. Obviously the sports writer's agreed. The whole team has talent. they are going to have to step up to stay in top 10.