Now maybe change of ORDER!!!

PUMMELKING

I hate that Aguliar got hurt and will not have the opportunity to wrestle for himself and win a state title Individual.

This is a reason I wish we did like GA hold duals much earlier or even change until after Indiv. state. The format now is OK I go for a team title but not Individual. If a wrestler is hurt or gets flag misconduct then he can not even compete in the regions so no chance at Indiv. state Title.

I know this is an individual sport with a team concept, but its not the team that will go on to college, military or what ever path chosen. The dream to be the one out on center mat competiting for the Title of State Champ for your weight class is more meaningful for individuals.

Hopefully TSSAA will look at changeing the schedule of Duals, Regionals, Traditional to let them wrestle for their own title then come back and represent the team.

Hope also the DOUBLE ELIMINATION is accepted, lots of money spent to travel and only get one opportunity. One never knows what can happen on the second opportunity.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying there is a foulness to the air?

Not in any way shape or form. just my thought about the timing of when the competitions are held and the purpose that each presents itself to for its participants.

Pumm: I think what Star is referring to is your title. I too was confused. Given where we were this past weekend, and all the pre-tournament jokes about wrestling in The Cow Palace, I figured this was humorous jab about changing the location of the duals for next year. Unless it was your subconscious speaking, I think there is an "r" missing from your intended title that led to Star's comment.

Thanks Buck, never stated I was a English scholar, just wrestling fan. Like to see kids get what they earn. Or have the chance to earn.....

You mean that everyone is in agreement with the format for when the competitions are held. I think you should win for yourself then end the season fighting for your team title.

OK now I get it.

So when would you do the duals, early Jan?

Means teams would have to blitz through their district matches in Dec, region duals in early Jan, state a week later?

Also there are state legislators who want 4 teams per region going to state if they are giving out 4 trophies (sounds great to me). They could do that at the C&PP.

Coaches wont like it. But I like the idea PK.

I hate that Aguliar got hurt and will not have the opportunity to wrestle for himself and win a state title Individual.

Wait, who says Vince wont wrestle? I have seen people wrestle on worse injuries. Didnt Mr. Kennedy wrestle at state two years ago with a cast on? If I was a betting man I would say Vince wears a brace and wrestles this weekend at regionals, if for nothing else just to be able to say he at least qualified for state his senior year.

PRTiii :thumb:

wrestling with a broken bone is not as painful as wrestling with ligament damage. A dislocated elbow is quite painful and if he required surgery to fix it the odds of anyone wrestling are very slim. You cant really wrestle if you cant bend you arm.

I would say that's right except I think Kyle Maynard showed us anything could happen.

wrestling with a broken bone is not as painful as wrestling with ligament damage. A dislocated elbow is quite painful and if he required surgery to fix it the odds of anyone wrestling are very slim. You cant really wrestle if you cant bend you arm.

I would say that's right except I think Kyle Maynard showed us anything could happen.

Looks like Aguilar is going to try...........from this morning's Chattanoogan.com:

Bradley's Aguilar Hopes To Wrestle In Region Friday

Doctor Will Have Final Say Concerning Elbow Injury

by John Hunt

posted February 8, 2010

CLEVELAND, Tenn. -- If Vince Aguilar didn't have bad luck, he might not have any luck at all.

This young man has endured more in the past four years than most people have to put up with in a lifetime, but he still has hope that all will turn out okay.

Aguilar is the 145-pound wrestler for the Bradley Bears who spent much of Saturday night in a Franklin hospital emergency room after dislocating and hyperextending his elbow during his match against Cleveland in the championship finals of the TSSAA State Duals tournament.

He was released some five hours after arriving and got back home about 8 a.m. on Sunday.

.........................................................................................................................................

The Bears begin defense of their Region title in Alcoa on Friday and this young man is planning to be ready to wrestle when his name is called.

"I'm going back to the doctor Tuesday and I hope he releases me to wrestle this weekend," Aguilar said Monday afternoon while the rest of his teammates were going through their usual workout drills.

"I'm planning to wrestle this weekend. It's my senior year and my last chance to win a state medal," he continued.

He was leading 8-3 entering the third period of his match Saturday. Assuming the down position, he tried to get a reversal, but when he posted his arm to pivot, his elbow popped out of joint and he crumbled to the mat in intense pain.

What had been a spirited match where fans from both teams were making lots of noise became deathly silent as trainers, coaches and officials came to his aid.

The match was delayed for what seemed like an eternity as an ambulance was called to assist him.

This fellow has endured more than his share of pain in recent years, but nothing to compare with this.

"That was probably the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life. That was my first time in the State Duals and I thought my career was over when it happened.

"I cried out of pain and disappointment that I couldn't be present to celebrate with the rest of my teammates.

"I'm sad I can't be out there right now, but I'm thinking there's at least a 50-50 chance I'll be able to wrestle on Friday," he added.

.......................................................................................................................................

Bradley coach Steve Logsdon would love nothing more than to have Vince Aguilar in uniform on Friday.

"That's a decision between the doctor and his mother. It's not mine to make," Logsdon said during a break from practice.

"It's a pain issue as it won't get hurt any worse. It could pop out again and he would have to endure more pain, but I don't know.

"I hate to not see a kid like him have a chance. He's paid his dues. That's just not the way you want to see a kid end his career. It's just not fair.

"We'll see what the doctor says on Tuesday. Even if he gets the okay to wrestle, he won't practice this week as we'll rest that arm as much as possible.

"We'll put him on that stationary bike. I guarantee he can get a great workout there without affecting his arm.

"I hope more than anyone that he'll be able to go on Friday as he's capable of sooring a lot of points for us.

"If he's not able to go, we'll see what our other options are and go from there," Logsdon concluded.

The Bears will be returning to the Williamson County Agricultural Expo Center on Feb. 18-20 to defend their traditional state title.

The Bears have won the last two traditional tournaments and seven of the last nine.

Vince Aguilar just hopes that he's there with them as a participant and not a spectator.

(Email John Hunt at tnmoose2002@aol.com)

This is a reason I wish we did like GA hold duals much earlier or even change until after Indiv. state. The format now is OK I go for a team title but not Individual. If a wrestler is hurt or gets flag misconduct then he can not even compete in the regions so no chance at Indiv. state Title.

I know this is an individual sport with a team concept, but its not the team that will go on to college, military or what ever path chosen. The dream to be the one out on center mat competiting for the Title of State Champ for your weight class is more meaningful for individuals.

Hopefully TSSAA will look at changeing the schedule of Duals, Regionals, Traditional to let them wrestle for their own title then come back and represent the team.

Hope also the DOUBLE ELIMINATION is accepted, lots of money spent to travel and only get one opportunity. One never knows what can happen on the second opportunity.

100% in agreement! very sad to hear this esp. injuries. biting or otherwise does not concern me.

it wouls also be nice to see a TSSAA sanctioned dual exhibition.