District 14a Tourneys

west15

I'm sticking with the Lady Falcons although I am a Greenfield believer.I know a couple of the girls and have seen them more times than most Lake Co fans.I have seen them in Martin a few times..watched them against Gleason..most Lake Co people in the crowd doesn't think Grenfield is that good..When Humboldt had Greenfield the other night by close to 10 points,a couple of my buddies looked at me and said that to me.I said look guys..these girls are the real deal.I bet they win by about 8 points.At least one of the guys I went with thinks it's a toss up now..At least admitted to me that Lake Co is going to have to play better than they did the other night.I think they will.I'm sure there are some in Greenfield that think the same thing,that Lake Co isn't that good..Greenfield won at their place with T.T. on the bench for most of the first half..Lake Co won at Tiptonville.I just believe Lake Co is quicker and can keep Katie from getting the looks she wants from outside..If Mariah Matthews is hitting from outside that will help T.T. and Carnation Hart .I'm looking for a good game tonight.!

The only thing I do wish is that they would get some different officials for the game tonight.We had the same two officials last night as we did the game against Bradford..The young black guy wasn't there.If we have the same ones..I hope the black guy replaces Ward....It would be great to switch the Obion tournament crew to Trenton since I don't believe they are playing tonight..Please Roger Shore..you are over the officials..You were there for the games the other night.You saw how bad it was...get us some other officials tonight.You've heard several people say that they thought the officials let the games get out of hand the other night.It may seem like I'm crying but there's no doubt that certain officials look at Lake Co as being rowdy and don't give Lake Co calls..I feel the same way about Cody Taylor..He hasn't had a call go his way hardly all year since he's started playing.I believe most officials have heard about him being in trouble in Kentucky and see him in not a god way..The officials talk and they all know..I had an official ask me about him during Christmas..when and if he was going to be eligible..They do know..And Cody even knows..How many people have noticed when a call doesn't go his way..he just walks over to the official and politely hands him the ball..He has talked to my son about it..that's why he does that..hoping at the end of the game and he does that..just maybe he'll get a call his way.Just my opinion about the officials from this area..No matter what happens tonight..should have officials from Memphis during the region.!I'll say now..if Ward or Fred officiates the games tonight..Lake Co is in deep trouble.!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to all the teams in district 14A. It sounds like you all have some exciting games tonight. It also sounds like somebody is already making excuses about the officiating! lol! District 13A plays their Championship game tonight or I would be there. I cant wait until the region tournament. My predictions for tonight's games. Bradford wins by 6 if Hubbard doesnt play, Humboldt wins by 4 if she plays. (she is a 10 pt. difference.) Now for the championship game, I know mrbigster likes to compare scores but as we all know that means nothing when playing head to head. (Come on bigster, you should know that!) Greenfield wins by 5. (but could easily go either way) I know I probably shouldn't get this started but...who wins district MVP??? T.T or Wallsmith....or is there a dark horse?

Good Luck to all the teams in district 14A. It sounds like you all have some exciting games tonight. It also sounds like somebody is already making excuses about the officiating! lol! District 13A plays their Championship game tonight or I would be there. I cant wait until the region tournament. My predictions for tonight's games. Bradford wins by 6 if Hubbard doesnt play, Humboldt wins by 4 if she plays. (she is a 10 pt. difference.) Now for the championship game, I know mrbigster likes to compare scores but as we all know that means nothing when playing head to head. (Come on bigster, you should know that!) Greenfield wins by 5. (but could easily go either way) I know I probably shouldn't get this started but...who wins district MVP??? T.T or Wallsmith....or is there a dark horse?

I really think Lake Co has proven that they are the best team in the district by finishing at the top,although it was tight.Greenfield has a fine team.I could see either team winning..But I think Lake Co's speed is the difference..Of cource the officiating could play a part with either team.All I hope is they let them play.If Greenfield beats us with T.T. and Carnation on the floor and we win with Katie and Jordan etc..that's all I hope for.I hope neither team has anyone foul out.But since both teams will advance no matter what..And we should have some officials from another area next week that shoudn't be biased..Shouldnt care if it's Bradford,Gleason,Lake Co or Greenfield..As for the M.V.P..I'm not going to go there...lol...but I believe we all know who it SHOULD be...lol...!I'm off to Trenton.!

If you're talking about the MVP of the tourney, then it really could depend on today's games. Wallsmith and TT are two of the choices, but the way Jordan Galey from Greenfield has been playing in the tourney, she could be the tourney MVP. But, a lot will depend on todays games.

I'm not so much interested in MVP's, as much as I am wins. Greenfield plays team ball...with every girl playing her role on the team. I like that.

Good luck to all the teams in the 14a tourneys tonight. Ready to see two good games and look at the local talent. It's loaded in this district. My pick for MVP would be Galey from Greenfield. I think Flowers and Wallsmith are excellent players as well, but for me Jordan Galey is deserving. Not only CAN she play every position on the floor, but DOES so almost every game at some point. Just a very versitile athlete. Didn't know about her playing baseball long ago. Flowers is unstoppable as well as Galey..they can only be contained. They only stop themselves with foul trouble or poor shooting nights which happens to players from time to time. I do know that Galey leads her team in scoring, rebounding, steals, and freethrow %. I'm sure Flowers and Wallsmiths credentials are impressive as well. Three excellent and deserving players. Too bad there can't be three MVPs ! Anyway, great job to all three of you girls and your respective teams. District 14a is the best district in west and middle tennessee in my opinion.

Final....

Lake County - 58

Greenfield - 45

1st round Region match-ups will find:

McKenzie @ Lake County

West Carroll @ Greenfield

Humboldt @ Dresden

Bradford @ Gleason

These games will be played Thursday night...

The bracket will look like this....

#4(13A) McKenzie

#1(14A) Lake County

#3(14A) Humboldt

#2(13A) Dresden

#4(14A) Bradford

#1(13A) Gleason

#3(13A) West Carroll

#2(14A) Greenfield

Names mentioned on All- District Team :

Bradford...S. Combs...J. Street...M. Wallsmith

Peabody...L. Hudson...R. Bolden

Humboldt...K. King...P. Hubbard

Union City...M. Warford...S. Huff

Greenfield...M. Robinson....K. McCall...J. Gailey

Lake County...C. Hart...M. Matthews

MVP...T.T. Flowers..Lake County

Coach of the Year...Brett Johnson...Lake County

Did not mention anyone from Halls or South Fulton...