angry in region 7

cmmndalum

The last PD that rigger is referring too was NOT a PD it was in fact an ILLEGAL move. A wrestler cannot be mat returned from behind to the side of a trapped arm. It is illegal and should be stopped before it happens the first time and DEFINATLY THE SECOND TIME. This was the situation in the 130 conso semi match. The wrestler was mat returned to the side of a trapped arm twice in a five second span the first knocked him silly and the second knocked him clean out. He was wheeled out on a stretcher and backboard after this. A wrestler injury defaulting on an ILLEGAL move? Sounds like a wrestlers chances of going to state where wheeled out with him and the handbook.

No I was talking about the finals. I think it was a NW wrestler. I felt like NW grapplers in the finals were getting some bad calls and IMHO the refs were going after one of their coaches. Just an observation. I know refs have to control the match but IMHO a few of the refs were bullying from the mat. One of these refs seamed to fat to get down and call pins. If you can't move and keep up with the match it's time to find a new hobby or income maker.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we have gotten off the topic at which this thread first started I thought I would bring it back to focus.

The Refs at the tournament were absolutely horrible!! I have been with this sport for 30+ years and the championship round of this tournament was beyond horrible!!

Someone is going to come on here and tell me that since this is my first post I should shut up and not complain about the refs. Forget you! I have the right to speak my mind!!!

Someone is going to come on here and defend the refs. Forget you! This is why these refs have gotten the attitude of "BEING GOD"

Refs have to be accountable for their actions and if we do not have a place to voice our concerns then they will become gods in their own mind and at matches. They are not gods but yet mediators to the matches and rules.

I was at the matches and I did see how they determined the outcome of several of the championship matches by their calls. I also got to see first-hand at their arrogance at which they treated not only the coaches but also the parents of the wrestlers. I talked to several of the coaches and heard first-hand from them of how they over heard the refs "laughing at how stupid the coaches were acting."

It is not like people can complain and really honestly be heard and it would not matter since one of the people who was overheard making fun of the coaches was P.A. Bowler himself. If he was acting the way some of the coaches were talking about then how can there be any change??

Yes I meant to post that also. The refs getting on to a coach and then going over there a laughing. The region had some good refs that most of us know and respect. However there is 1 or 2 that need to find another job. I see someone knocking thier bald head off in the future if they act as sorry as they did during the Reg Tourney. Threating a parent when you let their child get hurt on the mat. Pleaseeee...................................... :D

I would say there are other ways to have a fair team race even if byes are automatically granted to the top seeds, but they require a tweak to the team scoring. Illinois has my favorite (the bye counts as the same kind of win that follows it, so the bonus as well as the advancement get doubled), and New Mexico has another (in any round with a bye, no one gets bonus points).

So to expand on ghouse's statement, "The only way to keep team scoring fair in an individual tournament with by-the-book team scoring is to randomly assign the byes." (bold words are my addition)

Silverpie,

I hate to bring this topic backup but I wanted to reply to this statement.

Those were some very good thoughts and wanted to give credit where it was due as I have sent these along to some coaching friends as a suggestion to be proposed to the DII wrestling coaches as a way to help minimize the impact of byes in their state tournament scoring.

I would say there are other ways to have a fair team race even if byes are automatically granted to the top seeds, but they require a tweak to the team scoring. Illinois has my favorite (the bye counts as the same kind of win that follows it, so the bonus as well as the advancement get doubled), and New Mexico has another (in any round with a bye, no one gets bonus points).

So to expand on ghouse's statement, "The only way to keep team scoring fair in an individual tournament with by-the-book team scoring is to randomly assign the byes." (bold words are my addition)

Silverpie,

Those were some very good thoughts and wanted to give credit where it was due as I have sent these along to some coaching friends as a suggestion to be proposed to the DII wrestling coaches as a way to help minimize the impact of byes in their state tournament scoring.

I would favor the idea that in rounds with a bye, that no one receives bonus points. That way there are no assumptions based on what would have happened in the bye match. Meaning, just because Wrestler A pinned the kid in the 2nd round, does not mean he would have pinned someone in the first round.

Silverpie,

I would favor the idea that in rounds with a bye, that no one receives bonus points. That way there are no assumptions based on what would have happened in the bye match. Meaning, just because Wrestler A pinned the kid in the 2nd round, does not mean he would have pinned someone in the first round.

Oddly enough that was some of the same logic I added to my e-mail. A little scary to think that our brains may think alike.