8AA District Tourney

LA_Wildcats

Do the coaches make reports to the TSSAA when people like "Baldy" make calls like he did just to try to get at the coach? This guy don't need to be an official from what I saw. He seems to think he is the absolute king of the court.

Wildcat70

the Head Honcho was sitting across from the LA bench for the first half, dont know where he was after that because I moved. You would think he could have seen it. If I saw it, and I am clearly a BEEEEEEEEEE, you would have to think that someone who is in charge of that sort of thing could see it.............but I guess we are talking about referees....and they dont always see things the way we do.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldy aka Wheaton, was seen by lots of LA fans cheering for Upperman when we played there this year. Funny he and Dyer reffed alot of games together in the 90s dry.gif , maybe thats why! As for Ramsey's elbows, that is the reffs fault for letting the bees hang all over him. What is he supposed to do, sit and let them take the ball away? Upperman had two fouls called the whole first have then not another one called until 4 min to go in the 4th. Guess the reffs saw that the game was pretty much over and they wanted to try to even up the foul count. They dont need the herald citizen reporting two district tourney games in a row between these two schools where the foul count is that lopsided. If we didnt know better we would think they want Upperman to win ;) ! Congrats to Brad, and great team defense. Upperman had very few field goals as the reffs gave them their little offense from the line!! ;)

Do the coaches make reports to the TSSAA when people like "Baldy" make calls like he did just to try to get at the coach? This guy don't need to be an official from what I saw. He seems to think he is the absolute king of the court.

Wildcat70

the Head Honcho was sitting across from the LA bench for the first half, dont know where he was after that because I moved. You would think he could have seen it. If I saw it, and I am clearly a BEEEEEEEEEE, you would have to think that someone who is in charge of that sort of thing could see it.............but I guess we are talking about referees....and they dont always see things the way we do.

The head honcho needs to find a different job or get some 8aa refs that didnt graduate from the school of the blind!!

Baldy aka Wheaton, was seen by lots of LA fans cheering for Upperman when we played there this year. Funny he and Dyer reffed alot of games together in the 90s dry.gif , maybe thats why! As for Ramsey's elbows, that is the reffs fault for letting the bees hang all over him. What is he supposed to do, sit and let them take the ball away? Upperman had two fouls called the whole first have then not another one called until 4 min to go in the 4th. Guess the reffs saw that the game was pretty much over and they wanted to try to even up the foul count. They dont need the herald citizen reporting two district tourney games in a row between these two schools where the foul count is that lopsided. If we didnt know better we would think they want Upperman to win ;) ! Congrats to Brad, and great team defense. Upperman had very few field goals as the reffs gave them their little offense from the line!! ;)

Livingston has a great team with good kids. Why take punches at Upperman's players. Upperman played there hearts out all year and earned there way to this game. They were outmatched last night by the better team last night. Why not give them there due and not put all the blame on the refs! I mean they did hold Livingston to 50 points which I think is a feat in and of itself.

Livingston has a great team with good kids. Why take punches at Upperman's players. Upperman played there hearts out all year and earned there way to this game. They were outmatched last night by the better team last night. Why not give them there due and not put all the blame on the refs! I mean they did hold Livingston to 50 points which I think is a feat in and of itself.

I think your the only one taking it that way. Wake up. Everyone one here is giving "dues" to how hard Upperman played. Complaining about how the ref was unprofessional doesn't take anything away from the other team. He sounds like that, but thats not it.

Congrats to Brad, and great team defense. Upperman had very few field goals as the reffs gave them their little offense from the line!!

He specifically states that the "refs gave" them their little offense. But anyway...Livingston won because they hit their shots and played intense defense. I'm not taking one thing away from them. They have some great players.

The head honcho, John Wheaton, will destroy a game if he is the list bit ticked, and I hate that, but he has always been that way.

As for the BOSS (ref overseeer), he left after all of that transpired.

The head honcho is indeed the "ref overseeer". He is the one that is responsible for assuring that there are qualified and competent referees for these games. And he is the one that needs to be contacted if you have issues with the integrity of the refs on the floor.

Git r done.

One on one, I don't have a problem with him. BUT, professionally, yes I do have a problem with him. I would not want an official to act as he acted last night to ANY coach. Any fan of the game would have to agree. Like it or not, he did it to Coach Melton and it was very uncalled for. Regardless, that's 6 baby, and the way it looks, 7-10 may not be a problem. ;)

Good luck.

Congrats to Brad, and great team defense. Upperman had very few field goals as the reffs gave them their little offense from the line!!

He specifically states that the "refs gave" them their little offense. But anyway...Livingston won because they hit their shots and played intense defense. I'm not taking one thing away from them. They have some great players.

Sometimes it is easy to get on here and make a point and leave things out. I would have to say all season upperman has supprised a lot of poeple and obviously deserving of some praise! They worked really hard and hustle with all they had! My gripe was with the reffs. I was praising LAs defense and said uppermans offense was given to them at the line, and that is the truth! You would have to admit the offense of upperman didnt deserve any mention! However they did bring intense defense I can praise their hustle. But they were able to reach and hang all over our guys, imagine what the score would have been if fouls were called on them or if we could have been that agressive.

For some reason or another... Wheaton was allowed to call the 7a district championship last night with Clay Co vs Pickett Co. He made bad calls early -both ways, so guess he is consistent - and at the slightest word from Coach Bibb, he was ready to come from one end of the floor to the other to "T" him up. Bibb eventually did get a T called by another official but it was over a Wheaton call. So if anyone reading this has anything to do with the TSSAA, can he be eliminated from officiating anymore post season games this year? After seeing the LA vs UHS game as well as the PC vs Clay co game, its obvious he thinks he is perfect and too insecure to not to get emotionally involved when someone does question a call.