Lake County vs Humboldt

JungleJim125

This game went as about like i figured! I thought single digits not by just a lone bucket. Imo it was a hard fought game but very very sloopy! Way to many to's for both sides! I honestly didn't think HBT would pull in out when Dunbar got into foul trouble! He sat the whole third quarter and alot of the second! LC is much better than that early meeting alot of people from HBT found out tonight! A big win for HBT and a heart breaker for LC! ITs d.a good chance that they will meet again! UC and HBT Monday night once again to battle it out! Good luck to both teams! Imo not to disrespect anyone but 13A will fine it hard to manage a win in the Region! I think 14A is just that much better! Good luck once again!! :)

Why was Dunbar even on the floor w/ 2 seconds to go in the first half? Fouls Tyler on a 3....what a boneheaded play. I guess if your LC Tyler was the one you wanted on the line at the end....he just choked, LC missed way to many gimme's. What a game!

Let me know when you can figure Boykin out! That is very stupid to put your best rebounder on the floor with 2 fouls in the quarter at any time. Then he has to sat out the whole third quarter! Campbell and Dunbar must stay out of foul trouble monday night to get by UC! Good Luck! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two excellent games at Trenton tonight as far as getting your money's worth..Congrats to Humboldt on the win.Like Purple said..Lake Co had so many opportunities to have won.Lake Co got down by 10 points but didnt quit..Missed way too many layups and free throws..Ricky Boyd missed several in the first half and also several shots from a couple feet away..But he hustled.Sometimes that's all you can do..I thought there were several key plays toward the end that was big..Lake Co finally came back and took a 3 point lead with around 2 minutes left..Humboldt came down and shot and missed and a Lake Co player had the ball in his hands but was stripped or just lost it and Quan Cambell picked it up under the basket and made the shot and was fouled.He made the free throw..Had Lake Co came away with that rebound with a 3 point lead..who knows?I believe Lake Co tied the game up with about a minute left ..maybe under a minute as Patrick Robertson made a shot and was fouled to tie the score..He missed the free throw...Then moments later..Rafael had a chance to put Lake Co in the lead ,shooting a one and one down by 1 point.His free throw was as flat as I've ever seen him shoot.Then Humboldt had a 2 point lead and Rafael ws fouled with 2 seconds left and if he hits both..would be tied and Humboldt would have had 2 starters on the bench if it went to overtime..He missed the first shot..giving Humboldt the win..Most of the time..Rafael is the player Lake Co wants on the line.But so many chances.Lake Co plays too selfish at times and like I said in an earlier post..Rafael may be the best player in the district but tries to do too much ..He had about 3 key plays that may have cost Lake Co the game..Once he was 5 yards in front of everyone.A first grader could have made that shot..The ball rolled off his fingers..Those things are unfortunate but they happen..But twice more .he had easy layups but slowed down to make it look prettier and tried to make the layup and draw a foul..Just shoot the easy layup.Anyway..I saw some good things also that gives me hope that Lake Co can come back and beat any of the teams..Cody Taylor probably played more that what Lake Co wanted ...The first half he tried to pick up a couple charges after being run over but the calls went against him.Another set of officials..like from Memphis may have seen those plays different.But no big deal..Lake co let Humboldt get about 5 backdoors on them ,,Patrick a couple times and Gauldin once..But the second half ,Cody blocked several shots..rebounded..and showed a glimpse at what he can do.Missed a slam on a rebound attempt..Was called for a goal tend after he was way over the rim..He hasnt played in over a year..A couple more games will help him I believe..Anyway ..not complaing about officials..losing..could have gone Lake Co's way but didnt..I saw enough good also to know if Lake Co plays hard and team ball..they have a chance to go to State..

Again..Congrats to Humboldt..Patrick Robertson had a couple slams for Lake Co and a nice block on Cambell..The left hander ,Brooks hurt Lake Co in the first half..Believe he made a 4 3 pointers..Congrasts to Union City on theri win..And Trenton..Trenton played hard the whole game and could just as easily have won...Even in a loss..not discouraged that much..Even had Lake Co won..would have been in a bracket with either Union City or Humboldt in the region anyway..I'd like to maybe finish 3rd..hope to win against the other district's number 2 team and then face the champion of our district tournament..Even if Lake Co comes in 4th..play West Carrol..may be a tough game but I'd like our chances..Still would have to play Union City or Humboldt..So really ..not going to be an easy road for a lot of teams..The other district number 1 is going to have to face Trenton or Lake Co..Then whoever wins that will have to play our district's number 2 team,Union City or Humboldt..The team that wins our district is going to face the other number 4 and a win there puts them against maybe Lake Co or Trenton again..So..the second round of the region is going to be a big game and a tough opponent no matter who it is.!

Congrats to Union City and Humboldt on their wins tonight. Anybody in Trenton tonight definitely got their moneys worth! Union City winning on a last second 3 in OT and Humboldt surviving LC, but that game could have easily went into OT as well if not for a couple of missed free throws. I would like to give a shout out to Trenton though. They beat Halls Tuesday by 20 even though they lost both regular season meetings and tonight taking UC to the limit, they are playing really good, I look for them to upset someone before the seasons over. Tonight had to be one of the best semi-finals ever in District14A.

Congrats to Union City and Humboldt on their wins tonight. Anybody in Trenton tonight definitely got their moneys worth! Union City winning on a last second 3 in OT and Humboldt surviving LC, but that game could have easily went into OT as well if not for a couple of missed free throws. I would like to give a shout out to Trenton though. They beat Halls Tuesday by 20 even though they lost both regular season meetings and tonight taking UC to the limit, they are playing really good, I look for them to upset someone before the seasons over. Tonight had to be one of the best semi-finals ever in District14A.

You're right about both games..Trenton looked very good against Union City.If they play like that..have a chance against anyone.Could happen against my Falcons today..If not today..maybe against West Carrol..I don't know much about the other district,other than reading about West Carrol but Trenton is in the same position as we are..Probably going to be better to win today and play the other district's number 2 team at their place..Hope to win and either way going to catch Union City or Humboldt more than likely..Unless West Carrol is that good and beats Union City or Humboldt..So West Carrol is in the same shape..Going to play Lake Co or Trenton in the first game..get by that game and have Union City or Humboldt.If they win both games..I'll say they deserve to be there..Congrats to Trenton on a well played game last night and good luck today..If Trenton wins..Lake Co just has to go through the number 1 team in the other bracket.!

Yes they gave UC a scare and if they meet again and no. 20 does not foul out that will make a world of difference! Peabody's best player will be back Monday In Vaungh that also will make a difference! Ever who plays Peabody the next time around they will be a tough out! Looking forward for some great region action! :)

You're right about both games..Trenton looked very good against Union City.If they play like that..have a chance against anyone.Could happen against my Falcons today..If not today..maybe against West Carrol..I don't know much about the other district,other than reading about West Carrol but Trenton is in the same position as we are..Probably going to be better to win today and play the other district's number 2 team at their place..Hope to win and either way going to catch Union City or Humboldt more than likely..Unless West Carrol is that good and beats Union City or Humboldt..So West Carrol is in the same shape..Going to play Lake Co or Trenton in the first game..get by that game and have Union City or Humboldt.If they win both games..I'll say they deserve to be there..Congrats to Trenton on a well played game last night and good luck today..If Trenton wins..Lake Co just has to go through the number 1 team in the other bracket.!

I just don't see any District 13A teams beating any 14A teams! West Carroll has a impressive record and a couple of more teams that have decent records! I know this time of year records mean nothing! Imo 13A has not played near the level of competition ! They may surprise me but i can't see it happenning! I probably made a few 13A fans mad at me but this is just imo! Mr. Bigster LC will be a factor before it is all said and done! Good Luck! :)

Coach Greer from West Carroll said last night on the radio that any of the four remaining teams in 14A would be heavy favorites if they were in his district....

I had a bad feeling about the Peabody game right after I heard they beat Halls....Playing a team that dangerous in their gym in a tournament game is a tough thing to do....The last time UC played them at home they only won by 10 points after blowing them out earlier in the year at Trenton...

You got to give Peabody credit, they played their rear ends off....

The best thing about the win is that it assured the Tornadoes a home game for the first round of the regions...It will be extremely tough for anybody from 13A to come into UC and come out a winner..Last season, even though the Tornadoes beat West Carroll, it was a struggle going into their gym and winning...

Yes they gave UC a scare and if they meet again and no. 20 does not foul out that will make a world of difference! Peabody's best player will be back Monday In Vaungh that also will make a difference! Ever who plays Peabody the next time around they will be a tough out! Looking forward for some great region action! :)

You said Vaughn will be back Monday..Wasn't that him last night with the braids?Is he not playing today against Lake Co..Lake Co plays Trenton boys today at 4 followed by the Bradford-Humboldt girls game and then the girls championship between Lake Co and Greenfield.Looks to me like they are losing money doing the tournament this way..I guess the boys championship game is the only game Monday night.I'm sure there will be a lot of Lake Co fans there tonight because both teams are playing tonight..most will be glad because of the travel,the time and the gas..plus not having to pay but just once..I'll probably be about the only one in attendance Monday night..And that's because I live in RoEllen..If I lived in Lake Co..probably wouldn't attend either...I'm surprised that they didn't put the boys consolation game tonight with the girls championship and Monday night the girls consolation with the boys championship..Also surprised that they put the boys consolation first today in front of the girls..And especially after the boys playing last night and the girls the night before.!Looks like they missed the boat as far as teams being worn a little and especially the money..I'm sure it's because the championship will bring a supposedely bigger crowd..but doubt it will be any bigger than having 6 teams play on the same night.!

Vaughn had 15 or 16 points last night vs Union City....The guy that fouled out (Gladden ??) did so with about 5 minutes left with UC up by 5 or 6...Peabody made up that difference without him...

bigster..They have been doing the tournament this way for at least three years now....Seems like it started because when they had the tournament in Dresden, it was soooo hot and crowded and you ended up parking halfway back to Martin if you got there late...Having a doubleheader with fan bases from UC, LC and Humboldt was just too much for that gym to handle....

Leading Scorers from both games last night....

Union City:

T. Steward - 17 points

R. Gaston - 14 points

K. Warren - 11 points

A. Cox - 11 points

J. Battee - 10 points

Trenton Peabody:

J. Vaughn - 15 points

C. Branson - 14 points

J. Lewis - 14 points

T. Gadlen - 13 points

Lake County: