DII - 125 Match

2blLeg

One way to fix all this is like USA does for the national tournaments, heck even any tourny. They have a process/procedure for protest, works with a committe to determine is misaplication of rules were utilized.

Also they have a video review, challenge, where you can challenge the call or last of it by a commitee to make judgement. The crew is selected well ahead and makes final decisions.

I like this..add if you protest and lose, then your team loses team points. Anything to add some review of really bad calls.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One way to fix all this is like USA does for the national tournaments, heck even any tourny. They have a process/procedure for protest, works with a committe to determine is misaplication of rules were utilized.

Also they have a video review, challenge, where you can challenge the call or last of it by a commitee to make judgement. The crew is selected well ahead and makes final decisions.

Why pummel, that is an excellent alternative to 2bleg's solution of crying and accusing refs of a far fetched conspiracy.

So now there's a conspiracy against West TN wrestlers when Mid TN refs are involved? Or let me guess that's not what your trying to imply at all. (Just like a few weeks ago you weren't implying that West TN officiating is ahead of Mid TN right?)

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? I'm not one to defend officials and I know there is room for imrovement, but I've never seen anyone cry as much as you do about them.

Was wondering when the board's resident jacka$$ was going to show up. Guess I just got my answer.

Pretty sure I'm not the one spewing out absurd conspiracies against a certain region of the state. I actually find you quite amusing, but I do feel sorry for whoever has to ride back with you to Memphis after a day of terrible officiating and your kids getting screwed solely because of their zip code. :roll:

Last response I'll make to you, because you are one of those "if it works for me, screw the rest of the world people". And I am not. So you are a waste of typing, and thought. I feel sorry for your wife, if you have one, to listen to anyone like you on a daily basis. But, heck even some people are into pain.

GO COUNT the number of stalling calls in the tournament, and tell me how many are against a Nashville area team. No wait, counting may be too much for you. SO I'll answer the question. It's 1, one call against a Nashville team, and the rest are against Chatt and West Tn. Why is this? I don't they they are out to get anyone. But maybe it's because you people from Nashville are just full of yourself. Sounds like you are the poster child of that. And fit that bill really well.

This ref made this match about himself, and not the kids. Even the winning side says the same thing. So it's not me, it's him.

I like this..add if you protest and lose, then your team loses team points. Anything to add some review of really bad calls.

Actually at tournaments during season it cost I think $150 to protest. If wrong no money back, it fixed then return and go on. Video review no cost sorta like challenge with red hanky in NFL. But as long as NHSFA is around no video is used, could be good situation for things to be acceptable. heck tennis and now baseball will use video review.

Actually at tournaments during season it cost I think $150 to protest. If wrong no money back, it fixed then return and go on. Video review no cost sorta like challenge with red hanky in NFL. But as long as NHSFA is around no video is used, could be good situation for things to be acceptable. heck tennis and now baseball will use video review.

Not sure they would want to protest this, especially at this point. Just something needs to be done to stop the junk. I know if it were my son, I wouldn't want it overturned at this point, just would like to know there is a solution in place to get things better for the kids.

Pretty sure I'm not the one spewing out absurd conspiracies against a certain region of the state. I actually find you quite amusing, but I do feel sorry for whoever has to ride back with you to Memphis after a day of terrible officiating and your kids getting screwed solely because of their zip code. :roll:

Last response I'll make to you, because you are one of those "if it works for me, screw the rest of the world people". And I am not. So you are a waste of typing, and thought. I feel sorry for your wife, if you have one, to listen to anyone like you on a daily basis. But, heck even some people are into pain.

GO COUNT the number of stalling calls in the tournament, and tell me how many are against a Nashville area team. No wait, counting may be too much for you. SO I'll answer the question. It's 1, one call against a Nashville team, and the rest are against Chatt and West Tn. Why is this? I don't they they are out to get anyone. But maybe it's because you people from Nashville are just full of yourself. Sounds like you are the poster child of that. And fit that bill really well.

This ref made this match about himself, and not the kids. Even the winning side says the same thing. So it's not me, it's him.

Ya know dleg, I have often found when I have won a match and the other guy screams foul, I am more inclined to agree with him because it doesnt really matter. I won.

Something else occurs to me. If the Nash refs were calling stalling against your region but not their own, doesnt that just make sense?

The Nashville area wrestlers have had the benefit of this excellent officiating all year long. Therefore, they have learned not to stall, they know these officials are going to stick them for it. We hate when during the season our wrestlers go to out of town tournaments in west TN because they come back home lazy, and we got to break them in all over again.

It would seem to me if you would work on that end of it, not stalling during the match, there would be no problem.

When is that vid going to be posted?

Ya know dleg, I have often found when I have won a match and the other guy screams foul, I am more inclined to agree with him because it doesnt really matter. I won.

Something else occurs to me. If the Nash refs were calling stalling against your region but not their own, doesnt that just make sense?

The Nashville area wrestlers have had the benefit of this excellent officiating all year long. Therefore, they have learned not to stall, they know these officials are going to stick them for it. We hate when during the season our wrestlers go to out of town tournaments in west TN because they come back home lazy, and we got to break them in all over again.

It would seem to me if you would work on that end of it, not stalling during the match, there would be no problem.

When is that vid going to be posted?

no one went to Baylor's side and started screaming anything. From what I saw, they went to CBHS's side and said something. And for Manley's dad to have an issue with the way the match was called is just another point.

And I find those that get their way, are the first to say someone is whinning, instead of taking a hard look at the situation. If enough people are saying something, you might think you have a problem.

are you saying that Manley or Baker stall? Have you seen either of these wrestlers wrestle? Geez, these kids go with a huge motor.

NFHS will never allow video replay and the TSSAA will NEVER allow protest in any sport.

#1 reason by the NFHS is the inability to have all high school events accessibility to video replay equipment. It all comes down to money who would pay for the equipment, let alone the training of the officials. How do you make sure sure every sport has the availability to a consistent view?

#1 reason the TSSAA doesn't allow protest- They feel the individual associations should handle there own if they feel a call/ rule is blown. "THEY" review tapes sent to the office and will contact the official and discuss they situation with them.

NFHS will never allow video replay and the TSSAA will NEVER allow protest in any sport.

#1 reason by the NFHS is the inability to have all high school events accessibility to video replay equipment. It all comes down to money who would pay for the equipment, let alone the training of the officials. How do you make sure sure every sport has the availability to a consistent view?

#1 reason the TSSAA doesn't allow protest- They feel the individual associations should handle there own if they feel a call/ rule is blown. "THEY" review tapes sent to the office and will contact the official and discuss they situation with them.

Seems funny that titles that mean the most Olympic and national titles are videotaped. Heck we have the great video guru at McCallie.

Top that off those officials are not even paid, unlike stripes officials.

TSSAA and NFHS could use VIDEO. Times are changing and so should they.

Get modern and get correct.

The match was rediculous as far as refereeing was concerned and yes Nashville refs help the Nashville wrestlers u can watch any match and be able to see that if there is a Nashville wrestler and a Nashville ref that the calls are easy to spot out. In this match alone I was talking to a Baylor dad and he and a couple other Baylor parents couldn't believe how many stall calls there were. There were more stall calls in this match then the entire dll finals put together. Also the state seeding was rediculous as far as where none ranked wrestlers were placed another Nashville thing. CBHS clearly would have placed 1st or 2nd atleast if they didn't have 7 byes in the first round and father Ryan had a total of 3 byes the first round. We need to have different refs from another state come and do the matches because there is way to much Nashville favoring going on and the sad part is that anybody watching the match can see the refs favor Nash wrestlers. Also why do we have 2 refs for each match because I watched ever match on the dll side and not one time in the entire tournament did the 2nd ref help the head ref overturn a call that he saw. So y have 2 refs when the second walks around and doesn't overturn calls that really should have been overturned. It's rediculous to watch all these refs some don't know what the heck there doing and just because they pass a test doesn't mean anything when the refs are there to collect and nice big pay check for the weekend and that's all.