Henry County Football

West TN football

I take what you are saying as not a knock at Mr. Miles, but a knock at the current administration. Well let's look at that administration! 1. The superintendant that is in place is a lame duck doing what she is told to do so she would not even know what to say to the coaches on staff. 2. The principal at HCHS was put there from the former superintendent and to this day don't you even hesitate to believe that a big reason he is there was to bring his son and grandsons (by the way glad they were here :flower: ) He probably doesn't know how to do things right.

So they are the one's that are not "professional"!! If the rumors are true then Mr. Miles will be making a great hire to keep what was started going!

i couldn't help but laugh at this post...because it's true.

1. true

2. true...so true that HCHS is a joke of the academic institution that it used to be. it all pays off that we win at sports and let the kids play games in class and are woefully under prepared for college or the real world...all for the sake of winning.

sad.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chaos001, please explain why it is a problem that it is a business. I may agree with you, but I am not at all cerain why you are saying that. On another note, I do hope that you are wrong concerning the lack of educational focus at Henry County HS. I have no idea if you are right or wrong on that issue, but I would like to know the basis for which you make such an astounding statement.

Well I have to ask can anyone say for sure who has been named the coach or who is number 1 in the race? I'm not really a follower of Henry COunty, but I am from Camden and here lately there have been many rumblings the Coach Ward maybe headin that way. If this is the case then my bleoved Lions aare in trouble.

Well I have to ask can anyone say for sure who has been named the coach or who is number 1 in the race? I'm not really a follower of Henry COunty, but I am from Camden and here lately there have been many rumblings the Coach Ward maybe headin that way. If this is the case then my bleoved Lions aare in trouble.

James Counce will be the next coach at Henry County. Your coach wanted this job, but was not seriously considered due to the relationship that Counce has with Miles. It makes sense that Miles would hire Counce because of the comfort level they have from the years they worked together at Dyersburg. The rumor out here at the lake among us "old folks" is that your coach has always been interested in this job, but don't look at him unkindly for being interested. He will continue to do a good job at your school.

Hey Chaos001, please explain why it is a problem that it is a business. I may agree with you, but I am not at all cerain why you are saying that. On another note, I do hope that you are wrong concerning the lack of educational focus at Henry County HS. I have no idea if you are right or wrong on that issue, but I would like to know the basis for which you make such an astounding statement.

terrible test scores on both Gateway and the ACT...large dropout/failure rate of college freshman who attended HCHS.

Go up there one day and see how bad it is now.

chaos you are an idiot, you blame the pursuit of winning on any students failures at henry county high school, are you serious, athletes make up about 15% of the student population and most of them make excellent grades, Henry County high school does quite well on the Gateway, the gateway is a joke and very few people each year fail it, do not know where you get your info but it is highly inaccurate. I believe last year that there were two football players that had to do credit recovery to be eligible, out of 94 players, that is just over 2 % of the football team that was in danger of being ineligible. Athletics are not the problem with 85% of the student population but heck, got to blame someone.

James Counce will be the next coach at Henry County. Your coach wanted this job, but was not seriously considered due to the relationship that Counce has with Miles. It makes sense that Miles would hire Counce because of the comfort level they have from the years they worked together at Dyersburg. The rumor out here at the lake among us "old folks" is that your coach has always been interested in this job, but don't look at him unkindly for being interested. He will continue to do a good job at your school.

I would take Ward over Counce any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The job that Kevin Ward has done at Camden Central is 2nd to none. He took a football program that was just TERRIBLE (let's be honest here now) and turned it into one of the Top 5-6 2A/3A Football Programs in the State. Counce won a lot of games at Dyersburg but they always have had superior talent. Counce's teams at Dyersburg also layed a few eggs on some big stages if you look back in history. He would win at Henry County but Ward would be the guy that could put them over the top in terms of actually reaching the state title game and beating a Metro/Nashville team.

I would take Ward over Counce any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The job that Kevin Ward has done at Camden Central is 2nd to none. He took a football program that was just TERRIBLE (let's be honest here now) and turned it into one of the Top 5-6 2A/3A Football Programs in the State. Counce won a lot of games at Dyersburg but they always have had superior talent. Counce's teams at Dyersburg also layed a few eggs on some big stages if you look back in history. He would win at Henry County but Ward would be the guy that could put them over the top in terms of actually reaching the state title game and beating a Metro/Nashville team.

Your point is well taken. It sounds like he did what Gaddis did here at Henry County. The program at HC was awful when Gaddis got here. The problem with your logic is this...HC doesn't need someone to come in and overhaul or rebuild the program. HC needs someone to maintain the current program and put his own stamp on it. Ward would not necessarily be better than Counce at that. Coach Counce will do just fine. If the program needed a total rennovation project, then you may be right, but we will never know, because that isn't what it needs.

He's done much more at Camden that anyone would have ever predicted........Camden was absolutely terrible before Ward became the head coach and since all he has done is turned that football program into a Quarterfinal level team year in and year out.

I can think of 3 times he has been to the Quarters in recent years. 2004, 2005, & 2009. He also went took them to the 2nd Round in both 2006 & 2007. It was just 10 years ago (1999, 2000, 2001) that Camden lost in the 1st Round of the State Playoffs to Harpeth & Lewis County by a combined score of 143-0...............in 2010 they beat both of those teams 36-7 & 35-7.

Comparing athletes at Camden Central & Dyersburg isn't like comparing "apples to apples" now Francis :lol:

ALERT...WARNING..........Henrylanders are getting no smarter!!!!! This YANKER is amazed that you all never lack for something to argue about!!! Chaos001 and of all people...the anti-one...are now fighting a war of words about TEST SCORES??????? Get THIS...the anti-one is talking about someone ELSE being INACCURATE!!!!! THAT is both hilarious and absurd at the same time!!! If you look up the word "inaccurate" in the dictionary...this YANKER is certain that you will find a picture of Henryland's own "anti-one"!!! The anti-one has turned into a whining and blubbering basket case!!! Henryland's voice of UNREASON is the "anti-one". He makes Team Mom look like an example of brilliance!!! What will you Henrylanders fight about next??? Will it be why there are trees??? Will it be why the wind does NOT blow indoors? Will it be a verbal battle concerning why your sink fills with water only when you turn on the water? Whatever you all choose to verbally spar about...this YANKER will guarantee two things...ONE...the "anti-one" and Team Mom will be at the heart of the dispute...and TWO...this YANKER and the rest of the state will be shaking our heads in dismay and amusement!!!!!!! I AM YOUR ONLY YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS...This YANKER has come to a conclusion that I have suspected for years...the "anti-one" and Team Mom are ONE AND THE SAME!!! The YANKER'S reeasoning is obvious...there is no town on earth (including Henryland) that can possess two such ridiculous inhabitants at the same time!!!! I AM THE "TELL IT LIKE IT IS" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!