Henry County Football

West TN football

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short term fix? What "howdoitknow" needs fixing? What do you mean by "short term"? Have you talked to James Counce Sr.? Do you know his plans? Exactly what is "limited period of time"? Counce was head coach for 9-10 years during his previous stay..prior to that he was an assistant. Gaddis was the head coach for only 6 years. So I ask again...what do you mean by "short term" or "limited period of time"? Aren't we all at our current jobs for a "limited period of time"??

It's funny how many seem to know more about Coach Counce than he or his family! Please, look into your crystal ball and tell us when you see something happening to cause Henry Co. to be looking for another coach!

ALERT...ALERT...This YANKER is sad to tell you this...but Henryland just got dumber again!!! To answer your strange question (tell us when you see something happening to cause Henry Co. to be looking for another coach)...Advisor...YOU have single handedly caused Henryland to get dumber!!!! The REASON Henry Co. is looking for another coach is because your last one resigned and left the state!!!! Did you not know that???? If so, I would assume you are in the minority in Henryland!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel very sad for the DUMB state of affairs in Henryland...Advisor...please understand that your coach left...and that is what HAPPENED to cause Henryland to look for another coach!!!!!

O Great Yanker.......don't be sad for us Henrylanders!! While we will never be as wise as the "all-knowing" omnipitent Yanker....we will indeed have a coach THIS week! One that your JCM Cougars could only dream of landing! However...the Yanker should realize that my last post was in response to someone insisting that the hire that HC is about to make is in someway a mistake! As long as the Yanker has followed the Cougars...you should remember the "Old Patriot Coach"...since they played some very good games during his last tenure! Many of which..your Cougars were victorious...therefore I would think that the Yanker would be happy about this hire! I would be that a HC/JCM reunion game appear on the schedule in the near future...this should indeed make the Yanker happy!

Well according to the PI we will know Thursday.

Why are we waiting until Thursday? We know now...we have known for weeks...it is Coach Counce. Who is anyone trying to fool here?

Maybe they are not trying to fool anyone! Maybe they interviewed to at least talk to the asst. coaches. Maybe they interviewed as a back up plan. Who knows? I believe you are right that it is Coach Counce, but for a retired person at the lake you sure seem concerned about "who is anyone trying to fool here"!!!!! Get over it, go on with life. If you truly are retired (I THINK NOT) then pick up a fishing pole. Relax at the lake. Quit worrying about people who will be just fine under Coach Counce.

no interviews of any assistants, no interviews, one interview, one hire, Henry County has there living legend back at home, achieving what no other coach is capable of. Congrats to James Counce and to all Patriot fans, You have got the one and only coach that according to the PI article is "head and shoulders better than any other applicant"

Why are we waiting until Thursday? We know now...we have known for weeks...it is Coach Counce. Who is anyone trying to fool here?

Board Mtg 5:15 Thursday Evening

No Fooling just Good Ole "Pomp and Circumstance"

Unless the PI dares to break the headline early!!!

no interviews of any assistants, no interviews, one interview, one hire, Henry County has there living legend back at home, achieving what no other coach is capable of. Congrats to James Counce and to all Patriot fans, You have got the one and only coach that according to the PI article is "head and shoulders better than any other applicant"

I do not understand why does Mr. Miles have to interview if he already knows who he wants to hire? He hired Coach Counce once before and would have chosen him anyways with "real" interviews. Why does it matter that he believes that Coach Counce is "head and shoulders better than any other applicant"???

Would you have preferred interviews that meant nothing? I also do not like your tone as refering to Coach Counce as a legend and saying we got what we wanted. I thought you were one of the true Patriot fans on this site. I guess not. You are no different then Red Warrior. Why don't you move down to the lake and go fishing with the assistant coach known as Red Warrior.

Maybe they are not trying to fool anyone! Maybe they interviewed to at least talk to the asst. coaches. Maybe they interviewed as a back up plan. Who knows? I believe you are right that it is Coach Counce, but for a retired person at the lake you sure seem concerned about "who is anyone trying to fool here"!!!!! Get over it, go on with life. If you truly are retired (I THINK NOT) then pick up a fishing pole. Relax at the lake. Quit worrying about people who will be just fine under Coach Counce.

My advice to you is to learn how to read. After that it would be good for you to then learn how to comprehend what you read. I am not certain that you are currently capable of either. I have NEVER stated that Counce was a bad choice as head coach. I agree that HC will be just fine with Counce. I have never said anything that would disagree with that notion. You are so quick to defend Counce that it makes me wonder who you are, especially since I have never attacked him (unless you take it as an attack when I say that he would be a good choice as the next head coach). Counce is not the problem here at all. My problem is that the assistant coaches who have applied should have been treated with more respect during this process (that is NOT the responsibilty of Counce)...and no, I am not a current assistant. If you feel like the current assistants who applied have been treated appropriately and professionally during this process, then it could be that you are close to being a fool. The administration's mistreatment of the current assistants who applied will create needless problems for Counce that he shouldn't have to deal with. Feelings are being hurt that shouldn't have been hurt. Had commom sense prevailed, this could have all been avoided. Counce is a good choice. This has nothing to do with him. He has done it before and he has done it here. With the program in its current state, lots of coaches could have done a good job here. Counce is not only a good choice, but he may be the best choice. The administration on the other hand, should take a class on COMMON SENSE 101, while you are taking your class on READING COMPREHENSION 101.

lifer, you seem a little defensive, as you obviously did not read my post clearly. I never said anything about everyone getting what they wanted. I called a man a living legend, and from what I hear around here, he is. I do not agree that he was head and shoulders above all other applicants, that is an insult to any competitive football coach. I congratulated James Counce and that is a positive comment, If you were not so defensive about this topic, you might have read what I actually wrote. As for tone, well you get that from time to time when reading message boards, text messages and emails because the tone is actually set by the reader, unless there is :D:lol: ! some type of emotion typed in. As for my opening, I was just simply letting you know that there was no interviews of any one other than Counce due to your previous post. No Miles does not have to give anyone an interview, nor would anyone want a courtesy interview, however, I am quite sure that Miles was pleased to be able to sell himself in his interview for his current job. I think if you will reread my post you will see you are being extremely defensive, I am a Patriot fan, one that does not waver, one that hopes that every player experiences the successes that they deserve and their football experience is as great as mine was. My tone was positive and to the point last time, it was a rather short post that obviously overloaded your reading comprehension so I am sure this lengthy post is going to cause some malfunctions in your wiring. If you can find one negative comment that I have made about James Counce or the Patriots, please identify and I do ask that you do not put words you thought I wrote down if I did not write them. As for Sam Miles, he could have handled things in a more professional manner, but it is ultimately his call and he has made it.

Ok prophet, I guess you are right I should not read "tone" into a message board unless it is given: :D

I should have said I read sarcassam in your writing! :D "Congrats to all Patriot fans, you have got the only coach that according to the PI article is "head and shoulders better than any other applicant"" :lol:

More sarcassam: :D "achieving what no other coach is capable of"

I think we should all be on board and lets get behind Coach Counce and keep this thing rolling

I love you prophet :lol:

PS: I put more tone into it but it would only let me send with 5 smilies!!!!!

My advice to you is to learn how to read. After that it would be good for you to then learn how to comprehend what you read. I am not certain that you are currently capable of either. I have NEVER stated that Counce was a bad choice as head coach. I agree that HC will be just fine with Counce. I have never said anything that would disagree with that notion. You are so quick to defend Counce that it makes me wonder who you are, especially since I have never attacked him (unless you take it as an attack when I say that he would be a good choice as the next head coach). Counce is not the problem here at all. My problem is that the assistant coaches who have applied should have been treated with more respect during this process (that is NOT the responsibilty of Counce)...and no, I am not a current assistant. If you feel like the current assistants who applied have been treated appropriately and professionally during this process, then it could be that you are close to being a fool. The administration's mistreatment of the current assistants who applied will create needless problems for Counce that he shouldn't have to deal with. Feelings are being hurt that shouldn't have been hurt. Had commom sense prevailed, this could have all been avoided. Counce is a good choice. This has nothing to do with him. He has done it before and he has done it here. With the program in its current state, lots of coaches could have done a good job here. Counce is not only a good choice, but he may be the best choice. The administration on the other hand, should take a class on COMMON SENSE 101, while you are taking your class on READING COMPREHENSION 101.

I can read very well thank you! I will have to agree with you on a few thoughts here. (I can not comprehend your tone since the prophet taught me that already!)

some things I agree with you about: The administration dropped the ball with the assitant coaches that applied. If there are hard feelings then that is not Coach Counce's fault and it is a shame that he has to deal with this! (I do however find it so hard to believe that a retired person at the lake would know peoples feelings that are involved with this hire) YOU ARE NOT A RETIRED COACH AT THE LAKE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL US THE TRUTH! (sorry prophet I guess cap letters show that I might be shouting :D and that laughter shows my tone)

Now, saying that lots of coaches would do fine with the program with the state that it is in is correct, but maybe Miles thought that Counce is the best one to do fine with the program and make "fine" better. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?? (sorry prophet I was yelling again) :lol:

I can read very well thank you! I will have to agree with you on a few thoughts here. (I can not comprehend your tone since the prophet taught me that already!)

some things I agree with you about: The administration dropped the ball with the assitant coaches that applied. If there are hard feelings then that is not Coach Counce's fault and it is a shame that he has to deal with this! (I do however find it so hard to believe that a retired person at the lake would know peoples feelings that are involved with this hire) YOU ARE NOT A RETIRED COACH AT THE LAKE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL US THE TRUTH! (sorry prophet I guess cap letters show that I might be shouting :D and that laughter shows my tone)

Now, saying that lots of coaches would do fine with the program with the state that it is in is correct, but maybe Miles thought that Counce is the best one to do fine with the program and make "fine" better. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?? (sorry prophet I was yelling again) :lol:

It doesn't matter at all who I am, just as it doesn't matter who you are. I don't care who you are at all, and I frankly can't understand why you care who I am, or who I am not! After reading your second to last sentence, I still question your ability to read and comprehend. I have said OVER and OVER that Counce is a very good choice, and possibly the BEST choice. So there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!