Henry County Football

West TN football

Since I have only been around here for the last few years, I don't know the coaches that Counce brought with him. The names that I have heard mean nothing to me, but they are familiar to my new friends. The folks who know the new coaches say that they will be sound. They will be solid. They have confidence in Counce, so they have confidence in his choices. The coaches who left were very good ones, and I bet the same can be said for the new ones coming in.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have only been around here for the last few years, I don't know the coaches that Counce brought with him. The names that I have heard mean nothing to me, but they are familiar to my new friends. The folks who know the new coaches say that they will be sound. They will be solid. They have confidence in Counce, so they have confidence in his choices. The coaches who left were very good ones, and I bet the same can be said for the new ones coming in.

Great statement. Things are going to be just fine. I'm getting excited for Big Red Football. Too much negative in and around the program lately. Let's get things going and get excited about Patriot Football :shock:

On one other note: It is very obvious to me that the poster "The Green Machine" is only trying to stir crap up! Confusion (give me a break)!!! Whoever this is they only want us to feel sorry that Coach Hodge has decided to coach other places and they are trying to make things look so sad since Gaddis and the other two decided to leave. It is very obvious that this is his/her only plan of action.

hchs for life, you are a very sensitive poster, By paying respects to a coach that is leaving is not trying to make people feel sorry for anything. I am not trying to make anything sad, Hodge leaving is a big loss. He was an excellent coach, you have lots of positives to say about Counce, I have said nothing negative about Counce, just paying a compliment to coach Hodge who was a big part of the Patriots success over the past few years. It seems like to me for life that if anyone is payed a compliment on this board other than Counce, you get your panties in a wad. Me paying Hodge a compliment, is not an insult or attack on anyone, I am not trying to stir anything, I am discussing what players have told me. That would be HCHS players.

I am not sure about the coaches that came in with Counce, but Hodge is a big loss for the Patriot coaching staff, he was part of the turn around of the program, also I hear that the long time D-line coach for the Patriots has been moved to the offensive side of the ball to make room for the new coach's man. From everythign I understand, Reggie Thompson has been an excellent D-line coach for the best part of ten years at Henry County and the Defense is not changing. The man replacing Thompson has coached the offensive line before however Thompson has not. The program will experience success however, in talking with players, there has been some confusion on the practice field already between coaches on the staff. I might add that this confusion was between new staff members, (the OC and the new head coach).

Reggie Thompson played for Counce at HCHS and I'm sure they have a great working relationship. I can't think of any reason Counce would put Reggie in any position that he couldn't succeed.

I am new to Coach T but have heard about it through friends. I have read through many of the comments about Henry Co. football and would like to say a few things. I have lived in Paris my whole life and played football at the High School and have a child in the school system. I am extremely close to the program and have followed them for many years after graduating. Any of you that have something negative to say about Coach Gaddis need move on. The man did an incredible job here and should be praised. I'm very concerned with the new coaching staff that has been formed with the departure of Gaddis, Wyatt, and Muench. I don't think the replacements for those 3 guys are going to be anything close to their personalities or knowledge of the game. What I have failed to see in the postings is the fact that Coach Hodge is no longer going to coach for the Patriots. I don't know him personally but from what I have heard from other fans, parents, and players he is a huge loss to the program. In fact, I just recently heard from a player that he going to be coaching at Dresden High School but continue to teach at Henry Co. The Patriot player said he is going to be joining his brother on the staff as the defensive coordinator. What a pick up for the Lions! What do the players and parents think of the new Henry Co. coaching staff so far?

I wish the best for HC but i did not know that u could teach at one school and coach at another. They are in two different counties so someone shine some light on this please. Thank u ! :blush:

I am not sure about the rules in Tennessee (I coached in Mississippi), but why wouldn't it be ok for a guy to teach in one school and coach in another. What you do after school is your own business providing it's legal. It would be like working a second job. If he taught at HC and then drove to Dresden to work at a restaurant, it would be the same thing.

Thanks for the info u make a good point! Good luck to HC this season.

I am not sure about the coaches that came in with Counce, but Hodge is a big loss for the Patriot coaching staff, he was part of the turn around of the program, also I hear that the long time D-line coach for the Patriots has been moved to the offensive side of the ball to make room for the new coach's man. From everythign I understand, Reggie Thompson has been an excellent D-line coach for the best part of ten years at Henry County and the Defense is not changing. The man replacing Thompson has coached the offensive line before however Thompson has not. The program will experience success however, in talking with players, there has been some confusion on the practice field already between coaches on the staff. I might add that this confusion was between new staff members, (the OC and the new head coach).

Reggie Thompson played for Counce at HCHS and I'm sure they have a great working relationship. I can't think of any reason Counce would put Reggie in any position that he couldn't succeed.

Maybe he wanted to make a change in job description and now was a great time to do that?? 10 years maybe he was ready. I am not very smart but I would think that at the HS level a DL coach for that many years would have little trouble making the transition to OL.

wingman, I would say that you are absolutely correct, which is my point exactly, Adams could have made the change as well, from my understanding Thompson had no say and Adams had his choice.

What is your point? I see two good coaches and a head coach who made a decision on where he wanted them. I would bet that Coach Counce talked to them and decided what was best for the TEAM and not just one person.

I guess I'm being sensitive again so I will get scolded by green machine. :blush:

I just see the green machine as a problem starter. He seems to be questioning everything instead of looking at the good. I think Adams and Thompson are both great coaches and will do wonders with the line.

OMG I was defending other people besides Counce as I have been accused of doing. :lol:

wingman, I would say that you are absolutely correct, which is my point exactly, Adams could have made the change as well, from my understanding Thompson had no say and Adams had his choice.

Coach Thompson will not have any problem making the transition. It will be fine. Pats have a new HC and changes are to be expected. Coach Thompson strikes me as being the kind of guy who would do what he needs to do for HCHS Football.

The word on the street (actually word on the lake) is that Counce had to give Adams something meaningful to get him here (DL as opposed to working with Hudson on the OL) and Thompson was moved without conversation. Being a former coach, this makes sense to me. Counce wants to surround himself with people he knows, and has worked with before. He could not have gotten Adams to come over as TE coach, so he moved Thompson. He could not have gotten Snow to leave a head position without making him a coordinator, thus Hodge is gone. People may not like this, but get over it. This is EXACTLY what head coaches do. Thompson was already here, and wants to stay, so he didn't have to do anything to keep him. Hodge is very good from what I hear, but Counce doesn't know him. If you have never been a coach, this may make no sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. Two of my best friends are VERY close to the program. This is the way it is. Time to change the subject.