Henry County Football

West TN football

My question is who makes you the expert on who should or should not start. You ever think that maybe Coach Counce knows what he is doing when it comes to preparing his team for the long term and not the short term as some here and HC Land like to do. This is a long season and next week is not the end all be all for this football team. Dont get on these boards and act like you know what is best for this team and what will make them better unless you are a coach. There is enough arm chair quarterbacking already, let the coaches coach and the fans watch and the boys play!!!!!

forget that number 7 needs to start if counce wants to win

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry County played Huntingdon in the Jamboree. HC was up 7-0 until one minute left on clock. Our QB(1) threw an interception, they scored and then scored 2 pt conversion. Finale score 8-7 Huntingdon. Have to admit I was upset at first but will have faith that the coaches know what they're doing. We have to take into account the Liberty coach was there watching. The young men did great out there. Great TD by QB(7). Good strong running by our RBs(34 and 26). Offense, good job on moving the chain. Defense looked great, kept them at bay. GO BIG RED!!!

forget that number 7 needs to start if counce wants to win

His name is Najee Ray, and from everything i've seen and heard, he will be starting when we head down to Jackson next Friday. Nothing wrong with giving all your QB's some snaps during the preseason. Especially for a sophomore like Khalil Kendley, who could use all the preseason snaps he can get right now, seeing as how he'll probably be our backup and needs to prepared if his number is ever called. Just my two cents.

My question is who makes you the expert on who should or should not start. You ever think that maybe Coach Counce knows what he is doing when it comes to preparing his team for the long term and not the short term as some here and HC Land like to do. This is a long season and next week is not the end all be all for this football team. Dont get on these boards and act like you know what is best for this team and what will make them better unless you are a coach. There is enough arm chair quarterbacking already, let the coaches coach and the fans watch and the boys play!!!!!

Well I'd like to think that Counce is preparing for the short term AND the long term. but make no mistake, unless there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about such as personal conduct or behavior, Najee Ray should be starting quarterback next Friday, and it doesn't take an expert to see that. If you've watched these practices or scrimmages you can plainly see that he's miles ahead of everyone else right now. This is no knock on our other QB's, I think Khalil Kendley will be a good player for us in the long run when his number is called. And I think he'll be well prepared for it. But the best recipe for long term success, is to go one game at a time and do whatever you can to win. And right now, we clearly have a player who gives us the best chance to win, and I think most on this board would agree that said player should be starting when we take the field against Liberty.

I'm pretty sure he will. But if not, then I'll admit, that's a pretty shaky way to start things off.

I'm behind Coach Counce one hundred percent, and I think he's a very good coach. And I know as competitive as he is that he's gonna do whatever it takes to win. I'm really not that worried and I believe he'll make the best decision possible.

GO HC!!!

I completely agree with UNKNOWN. If we want to win, put 7 on the field. That's unbelievable. Once he finally entered the game I think we scored in roughly 4 or 5 plays. I have never heard of a team using the preseason to prepare their backup quarterback or any position for that matter. When you have a position to fill without a returning starter, don't you think it's beneficial to have reps go to the one who is going to play on Fridays?

Now, as for the called the pass late in the game. WTF? That might have been the worst play call I have ever seen. With time running out, at worst run the football. Take a knee and show some class. That was terrible, but I can get past that (for now).

If Liberty's coach was in attendance as someone stated, I sure hope he didn't notice the tendency to run EVERY play to our sideline. I think the field is something like 53 1/3 yards wide, we should probably consider using the other 35.5 yards of it.

On the flip side of the ball, we looked decent defensively. I thought the linebacker play could be better. As for the D-line, all I am going to say is man, some of those kids are going to be players when they finally figure it out! Secondary played well, although I didn't watch much of them as I was focused on the boys up front.

A lot of work to do if Liberty is as tough as I keep hearing. They are supposed to be better than last year's squad but who knows? I hope that's not the case because right now I'm not even confident about going toe to toe with Stewart County.

I completely agree with UNKNOWN. If we want to win, put 7 on the field. That's unbelievable. Once he finally entered the game I think we scored in roughly 4 or 5 plays. I have never heard of a team using the preseason to prepare their backup quarterback or any position for that matter. When you have a position to fill without a returning starter, don't you think it's beneficial to have reps go to the one who is going to play on Fridays?

Now, as for the called the pass late in the game. WTF? That might have been the worst play call I have ever seen. With time running out, at worst run the football. Take a knee and show some class. That was terrible, but I can get past that (for now).

If Liberty's coach was in attendance as someone stated, I sure hope he didn't notice the tendency to run EVERY play to our sideline. I think the field is something like 53 1/3 yards wide, we should probably consider using the other 35.5 yards of it.

On the flip side of the ball, we looked decent defensively. I thought the linebacker play could be better. As for the D-line, all I am going to say is man, some of those kids are going to be players when they finally figure it out! Secondary played well, although I didn't watch much of them as I was focused on the boys up front.

A lot of work to do if Liberty is as tough as I keep hearing. They are supposed to be better than last year's squad but who knows? I hope that's not the case because right now I'm not even confident about going toe to toe with Stewart County.

You say when he FINALLY entered the game? So in other words, the other kid got 90 percent of the snaps in this one too? That sucks. I was hoping that it would AT LEAST have been evened out this time around. Surely to goodness this isn't what we're going to be seeing all year. The other QB simply IS NOT ready to start. At least the defense looked better.

Funny how people look at the same thing and see it so differently! It is the old "glass half empty, half full question". I saw the SCRIMMAGE as a fairly successful learning experience.The defense held a team that is predicted to be pretty good to what? maybe 20 yards total??? The offense moved the ball up and down the field pretty well IMO. The only downers were our failure to punch it in at the goalline (Kudos to the Mustangs )and the interception for the touchdown with less than two minutes to go (do tou really think in a real game situation that we would be passing?). I see a lot to build on and remain optomistic about our chances.

GO BIG RED

FIRST OFF YOUR BEST ATHLETES ARE NOT ON THE FIELD. WHY IN THE h... NUMBER 7 IS NOT STARTING QB. YOU LOSE TO 2A SCHOOL IN 2QUARTERS IMAGINE WHAT LIBERTY IS GOING TO DO TO hc NEXT WEEK. YOU GOT LINEBACKERS STEPPING BACK ON PLAYS. PLAY YOUR BEST ATH. DONT PLAY THE PLAYERS WHO PARENTS, NOT GOING TO GO THERE.

Don't have a dog in this race but if you think that Counce plays someone because of who they are , you are dead wrong. He will have the right kids on the field. This is a young team with a new system. Calm down because I can guarantee that Henry County will kick some butt under Counce.

the coach sure isnt the expert

Don't have a dog in this race but if you think that Counce plays someone because of who they are , you are dead wrong. He will have the right kids on the field. This is a young team with a new system. Calm down because I can guarantee that Henry County will kick some butt under Counce.

yes i do think he plays someone for who they are, alrite who remember the 1992 semifinal team who started running back and who should have been starting. If it wasnt for number 28 in 92 they would have not made it that far.

the coach sure isnt the expert

Well I say since he is the coach and your on the outside looking in, that makes him more of an expert than you. The armchair quarterbacks on these boards amaze me, if you dont like how things are run by the coaching staff get your education and put your name in the hat next time the job comes open, until then just sit back and watch like the rest of us HC fans. HC will be fine!