13A & 14A Region Tourneys

west15

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14A wins three tonight, with Gleason carrying the 13A banner to the semifinals. Congratulations to Bradford, Dresden, West Carroll and McKenzie on their successful seasons.

Two GREAT games set for Saturday night in Trenton. First up is Gleason vs. Greenfield, the Weakley County battle between #4 and #8 in Class A. The teams split during regular season play, with each picking up a win on their home court - Gleason 39-34 on Nov. 23, Greenfield 48-39 on Jan. 18. The latter snapped Greenfield's 15-game losing streak to the Lady Bulldogs.

Second will be Lake Co. vs. Humboldt. The Lady Falcons swept the regular season series - 82-65 at Tiptonville on Dec. 8, and 59-44 at Humboldt on Jan. 19. The district champion and #3-ranked club has won 18 consecutive games. Humboldt is on a bit of a winning streak, as well. The Lady Vikings have won 8 of their last 10 games, since losing to Lake Co.

Well, tonight went about as a lot of us expected. The top 3 teams in district 14 winning, and Gleason from 13A beating Bradford in a close game. The regional games at Trenton should be a lot of fun. I expect Lake Co. will beat Humboldt, but the Lady Falcons better come ready to play; because Humboldt can take you if their hot.

Also, I really think that Greenfield will win against Gleason. But, but, the Lady Jackets better come ready to play, and not get nervous. IF they'll stay calm and play their game, then I like Greenfield's chances of winning. But, if they get over to Trenton, and get that deer in a headlight look in their eyes, and get intimidated...well.....Gleason could win it. It should be a very tough, good game, anyways.

Congrats to Lake Co on the win..Also Congrats to the young ladies from McKenzie.They came to play last night.The first half Lake Co missed a lot of easy baskets,T.T. had about three from under the basket,Carnation Hart got in foul trouble and had to sit most of the second quarter missed several as well and Mariah Matthews had shots all night but just couln't get much of anything to go in.Probably her worst shooting night in a couple years..I'd guess she was maybe 2 for 15..The shots were close but just rimmed out.McKenzie shot the ball very well..A couple shots from outside the 3 point zone banked off the back board and went in but sometimes that's just the way things go..But even with those two shots,they shot the ball well..And I only remember them missing 1 free throw the first half out of maybe 9 or 10..Congrats to McKenzie for a fine effort.Not to take anything from the Lady Rebels but Lake Co can't play with the intensity they did last night and win against Humboldt and Greenfield..I really didnt see anyone play defense the way they've played all year..The two girls off the bench Brooke Horton and Shasta Bolden shot the ball better than any of the starters last night.I remember Brooke hitting her first shot which was a 3 pointer and Shasta hitting 2 or 3..

LAKE CO. OVER THE BOLDT BY 10. BRADFORD OVER GREENFIELD BY 6. LAKE CO. OVER BRADFORD BY 5. :popcorneater::blush::D

For some reason,Humboldt scares me ..even though Lake Co has won twice..If they are shooting well ,they have the athletes.And they are a terror on the boards..But..Daround..I believe you just livened the posts up a little with your picking Bradford over Greenfield...And for some reason..believe it might even get some Gleason fans to chime in as well..lol

I will have to agree that Humboldt is a scary team to play! I look for Lake County to beat Humboldt but if LC is caught napping they could be in trouble! Good luck!! :|

Lake Co versus Humboldt and Gleason versus Greenfield.Should be two great games tonight at Trenton.Can throw the regular season out the window.It means absolutely nothing.The biggest game of the year to date is tonight for these 4 teams.The losers go home..The winners will have at least 2 more games .You definitely want to win the region championship,just to stay home for the sub-state but at least the losing team knows they'll still have a chance to reach their goal at going to State.Tonight's game is the biggie..Better lay it on the line tonight,!Congrats to all the teams for getting this far..Go Lady Falcons !

Lake Co versus Humboldt and Gleason versus Greenfield.Should be two great games tonight at Trenton.Can throw the regular season out the window.It means absolutely nothing.The biggest game of the year to date is tonight for these 4 teams.The losers go home..The winners will have at least 2 more games .You definitely want to win the region championship,just to stay home for the sub-state but at least the losing team knows they'll still have a chance to reach their goal at going to State.Tonight's game is the biggie..Better lay it on the line tonight,!Congrats to all the teams for getting this far..Go Lady Falcons !

bigster.....I'm ALL Lady Falcons for this postseason.....GO LADY FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!