rigger101

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so was the bite really accidental? :roll:

I asked Ethan what happened and he told me the Hixson kid stuck his hand in his mouth and he bit down... happened with about 10 seconds left in the match. That is pretty much what I thought I saw when it happened on the mat (Hixson yanked his hand back, ref looked at it, then DQ'd Ethan).

I think it was more out of frustration than with malice.

1st of all the state tournament is full of lucky breaks and the hixson kid wasn't the only one who got some. don't take anything away from this kid because he wrestled with heart and earned that spot in the finals. had a chance to win it but his lucky breaks ran out in the 3rd period when he got hit with a questionable stalling call. ANYWAYS the hixson kid was up by atleast 2 with maybe 20 seconds remaining in the match against the collierville kid. congrats on a silver medal.

Hixson was up 7-2 at time of DQ he had full control of the match, no doubt he was on in the semi's i thought it was going to go the other way but he came out and wrestled one heck of a match. Same for in the finals He did have some good breaks but when it came down to it he wrestled well and deserved every bit of where he ended up at.

I've seen this happen a couple times, one of which involved me. It's unfortunate but don't be too quick to pass judgement on the Henry kid; we've all done stupid things out of frustration in our youth...especially when it comes to things we're passionate about. Talk about zero to hero. (no offense)

But three years ago the only thing you knew about Cookeville was that it was a good stopping point on the way to the state duals. There are obviously some good things going on over that way...keep it up!