Region 3AAA

Told you it would be Cleveland and Walker Valley in the finals. Do they have to go all the way over to Warren Co. to play the Championship?

heard they was going to play at Bradley Central. Thats a long drive to Warren Co. to play a school thats only a view minutes away on a school night. Also think the boys semifinals will be Wednesday night at Warren Co.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told you it would be Cleveland and Walker Valley in the finals. Do they have to go all the way over to Warren Co. to play the Championship?

heard they was going to play at Bradley Central. Thats a long drive to Warren Co. to play a school thats only a view minutes away on a school night. Also think the boys semifinals will be Wednesday night at Warren Co.

I would hope the TSSAA would allow Cleveland and Walker Valley to play locally. But from past dealings with the TSSAA it hasn't shown me they use wisdom in many of their decisions.

I would hope the TSSAA would allow Cleveland and Walker Valley to play locally. But from past dealings with the TSSAA it hasn't shown me they use wisdom in many of their decisions.

they would make more money if they let them play locally. But that doesn't look to be the case, looks as if the game will be played in Warren Co.

they would make more money if they let them play locally. But that doesn't look to be the case, looks as if the game will be played in Warren Co.

1. By having a HUGE crowd if played in Cleveland, the TSSAA would make a LOT more money.

2. By having a HUGE crowd if played in Cleveland, the participating Region schools would make a LOT more money.

3. It would exempt the athletes from a 4 hour round trip, and eliminate the potential of a traffic accident.

4. It would give the athletes sufficient time to rest after the game, and make them more refreshed for school the next day.

1. By having a HUGE crowd if played in Cleveland, the TSSAA would make a LOT more money.

2. By having a HUGE crowd if played in Cleveland, the participating Region schools would make a LOT more money.

3. It would exempt the athletes from a 4 hour round trip, and eliminate the potential of a traffic accident.

4. It would give the athletes sufficient time to rest after the game, and make them more refreshed for school the next day.

I dont believe TSSAA cares about numbers 3 and 4.

I have been told that it is up the the regions how and where they run the tournaments. Someone told me that Region 2AAA is allowing the higher seeded team to host games. They said this was T$$AA's idea to generate more ticket sales. They said that it was up to the coaches in the region to setup the format and vote on it.

I don't know if that is right or not, can someone that is in the know fill me in?????

I have been told that it is up the the regions how and where they run the tournaments. Someone told me that Region 2AAA is allowing the higher seeded team to host games. They said this was T$$AA's idea to generate more ticket sales. They said that it was up to the coaches in the region to setup the format and vote on it.

I don't know if that is right or not, can someone that is in the know fill me in?????

Here's a blog from the DNJ Sports Writer, regarding your question. We have the same issue. Riverdale vs. Blackman The two schools are about 8 miles from each other but we are traveling to Shelbyville tonight to play the Final.

Home Public Messages Comments Photos Blog

Tom Kreager's blog

Covering high school sports in Rutherford County.

Report item as: (required) X Obscenity/vulgarity Hate speech Personal attack Advertising/Spam Copyright/Plagiarism Other Comment: (optional) 4-AAA girls championship should be moved

4-AAA girls championship should be moved

Posted 3/2/2010 11:22 AM CST on dnj.com

Riverdale and Blackman will meet for a fourth time this season on Wednesday in the Region 4-AAA girls basketball championship.

A home sectional game, trophy and bragging rights are on the line.

However, the game is scheduled to be played at Shelbyville Central. It shouldn't be.

Per a new TSSAA policy, the game can be moved to a location in District 7-AAA, since it's an all-7-AAA final.

However, it appears that Region 4-AAA coaches chose to move it only if there was a quarterfinal sweep. They decided the finals would remain at Shelbyville if it wasn't a sweep.

TSSAA Executive Director Bernard Childress said this morning that he had been changing multiple games for geographic location because there had been other district semifinal sweeps.

There won't be a change for Region 4-AAA.

District 7-AAA coaches agreed to move the game to the higher seed if a quarterfinal sweep occurred. In reality, that's not a smart move. To me, changing the location to a neutral site only makes sense.

The alternate site for the girls could have been Oakland or Smyrna since neither advanced to the region. The boys alternate site's best choice likely would have been Blackman. La Vergne is too far away from the cluster of schools that reached the region.

Instead its back to Shelbyville on Wednesday and perhaps back again on Thursday.

Comments (1) | Permanent Link

now im hearing again that the game maybe played at Bradley Central. Idk i'm so confused right now. :D

Can I get someone at the game to text me the score at the end of each quarter? My Cell Phone # is 615-545-2352 - I can then text ya the scores from Riverdale vs Blackman so we know who goes where? :?

Thanks!

David Limbaugh

S.I.D.

www.riverdalewarriors.com

If radio is at both sites you can get it on here. I have play by play posted scores each nite. While would not recommend it, one nite I had 4 games going. Really did not know what happened. Might do three though. If you have the radio station in three, I'll make an attempt. Have also posted box scores too if available on here.

If radio is at both sites you can get it on here. I have play by play posted scores each nite. While would not recommend it, one nite I had 4 games going. Really did not know what happened. Might do three though. If you have the radio station in three, I'll make an attempt. Have also posted box scores too if available on here.

Problem is I am no where near a radio or PC - usually right next to the student section :?

Which game are you going to be at?

Call your game scores by quarter to 1=931-766-1684. Thats Coacht.com. I will bow out of this. Coacht can likely give you scores of the WV/Cleveland game at that number. Since you are Sports Information you are the one to distribute information.

For the rest of you the WV/Cleveland game will be on 104.1FM which is on the internet and you can hear it on your computer. Someone will likely post that game. We'll try this out.