Region 6A!! Can they make it 6 State Tourneys in a

thenomad

#1 Perry County v #4 CA

#2 Summertown v #3 Richland

#2 Culleoka v #3 Wayne County

#1 Mt. Pleasant v #4 Collinwood

Insights on how games could unfold:

I think Perry County is too much at home for CA. I don't think CA will be able to flip the switch to regain their swagger. However, I do see CA having the opportunity to learn from these last two losses and coming out on fire early.

I don't think Richland will be able to handle a raucous crowd down in the wooden bowl. Summertown has too much experience and a tremendous student section. However, Richland has been able to hang around in games and pulling out victories by the narrowest margins.

I think this maybe the year Wayne Co. gets past Culleoka. In the past, Culleoka has had a lock down defender to neutralize Rice. I don't see it this season. On the other hand, Culleoka does have an extremely talented coach that can prepare his team for these one and done games.

If 11A is going to win a game, I have a feeling it will have to be this one. Mt. Pleasant has more athletic ability and will cause matchup problems. However, Collinwood has been here a lot in last couple of years. Their experiece may cause Mt. Pleasant to get undisciplined and lose control of the game.

All four teams from one district could win; however, the other four teams could win. It could be split. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see come 2nd Round.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say PC wins over CA they are too athletic and plus its at PC which plays a big factor all the time.

S'Town gets by Richland, Clifton is a very talented player and distributes ball very well to teammates.

MT Pleasant will get by C' Wood maybe not a blow out though!

Culleoka and WC could be a close one, Slatten is a great coach and will be ready for this game I dunno how this will turn out but something tells me Cully will win!!

Should be a great tourney

[i wouldn't go that far. They only beat Summertown by 3 Tuesday night. I don't call that taking people to the wood shed. Any of the teams left could beat any other team on any given night or they wouldn't still be playing...

This is very very true. I look for some good basketball out of these matchups depending on which teams show up and which teams are ready for it to be over. Cullypride any truth to the rumors of your guys being at school for practice at 6:00 am?

[i wouldn't go that far. They only beat Summertown by 3 Tuesday night. I don't call that taking people to the wood shed. Any of the teams left could beat any other team on any given night or they wouldn't still be playing...

This is very very true. I look for some good basketball out of these matchups depending on which teams show up and which teams are ready for it to be over. Cullypride any truth to the rumors of your guys being at school for practice at 6:00 am?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they did. It's not that uncommon for them to do that. I know they had the afternoon off yesterday so I imagine they did practice before school.

PC is gunna take everyone out to the wood shed and whip em like a borrowed mule. ;)

Kinda like they did against Summertown the other night. PC will win the region title but not a easily as you think. S'town just about pulled the upset the other night. S'town will win in round 1 as well as WC and MTP. I'll say it PC 1st and MTP 2nd in the end.

I think Pc will win the region but by no means will it be easy. Tomorrow night will be real tough and if their not careful they will get upset on their home court. Now I do think Pc wins, along with WC, s'town, and Mtp. The Championship game I believe will be a rematch of S'town and Pc with Pc winning it. All the teams in this tournament are quality teams and it should be fun to watch.

Perry Co. will have a tough time with CA. From what i hear PC is getting really cocky and I believe they will have their hands full. CA finished first during regular season and they are struggling... And on the otherhand it will be easy to take Stown pep session out of the game. Bubba Clifton attacks the hole and will get into foul trouble..