BigG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia Academy and Columbia Central played last night

Columbia Central 4

Columbia Academy 2

Central had alot of missed opportunities in the first half but came alive in the second behind the hat trick of #23 Payne Fisher in the first 14 minutes of the half.

I watched Ravenwood's game vs hendersonville and WOW do they look fantastic.

Front to back the raptors really looked strong. Not only to they have the household names of Brandon Saunders, Wil Linder, and Brian Vermulen, but they have several of the less-knowns who are really stepping up. Doug Sherkov and Tulio Guilimeras really put in some strong minutes off the bench. Also Gabe Lawrence, aka the Fro, looked dangous in attack all night. Andrew Mason looked strong at outside mid, although at some points i had to question his fitness.

Overall, it looks like coach Watson could really have a special team this year. With that talent and his firm guidance i think the sky is the limit for the raptors.

was at the ravenwood-hendersonville game too. agree they looked good but they looked good during last years scrimmage too and we know what happened in the tournament. hendersonville is consistently good when it counts so i wouldn't get too excited about last nite. they use the scrimmages as they should be used. to evaluate how different combinations of players work together in various attack and defensive schemes. ravenwood could learn a thing or two from this approach in my humble opinion. too much time on the pitch with the starters. saunders was the difference in the middle as usual and linder looked good in spots also and others also contributed to a good nite for the raptors.