Miss Basketball Finalists

Ticket

I think next year you can book Shacobia Barbee of Riverdale and Caya Williams of Mt. Juliet as AAA Miss Basketball candidates. As good as Barbee was the last time I saw her, which was this past summer in AAU, she was even more impressive and dominating yesterday than I have ever seen her. She, and Williams, will play in the SEC or some other major conference, because they are both scary good at their age.

Did you see tht Bashaara Graves from Clarksville made the Parade's All-American High School Girls Basketball Team? She would appear to be definately in the mix if she gets this type of national recognition. What grade is she in this year?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next year you can book Shacobia Barbee of Riverdale and Caya Williams of Mt. Juliet as AAA Miss Basketball candidates. As good as Barbee was the last time I saw her, which was this past summer in AAU, she was even more impressive and dominating yesterday than I have ever seen her. She, and Williams, will play in the SEC or some other major conference, because they are both scary good at their age.

Did you see tht Bashaara Graves from Clarksville made the Parade's All-American High School Girls Basketball Team? She would appear to be definately in the mix if she gets this type of national recognition. What grade is she in this year?

Graves is a sophomore as well....she's awesome!! She played with the USA U16 team last summer....

Here's her evaluation from Hoopgurlz:

Evaluation

USA U16 Trials-May 09: Bashaara Graves of Clarksville, Tenn., is much stronger than most other high school freshmen. The physical 6-2 forward isn't afraid to mix it up in the paint. She has all the athleticism to be a top player in the class. She has good timing coupled with very good leaping ability, which makes for a solid shot blocker. She caught some of the taller posts off guard quite a few times in that regard. She could improve her footwork on the interior and finish in traffic more consistently, both of which should occur over the next three years. Her performance was impressive enough that USA basketball asked her to stay and practice with the team in place of injured forward Morgan Tuck.

Williams & Barbee have gotten alot attention & deservely so, but this young lady is just as good, and probably better in alot of ways. She is just in the wrong area of the state where she won't get as much attention because Clarksville is more of a softball town. I think all of us on the AAU circuit knows about Ms. Graves & know she will only get better as she continues to play at the high level of competition the next few years.

Graves is a sophomore as well....she's awesome!! She played with the USA U16 team last summer....

Here's her evaluation from Hoopgurlz:

Evaluation

USA U16 Trials-May 09: Bashaara Graves of Clarksville, Tenn., is much stronger than most other high school freshmen. The physical 6-2 forward isn't afraid to mix it up in the paint. She has all the athleticism to be a top player in the class. She has good timing coupled with very good leaping ability, which makes for a solid shot blocker. She caught some of the taller posts off guard quite a few times in that regard. She could improve her footwork on the interior and finish in traffic more consistently, both of which should occur over the next three years. Her performance was impressive enough that USA basketball asked her to stay and practice with the team in place of injured forward Morgan Tuck.

Williams & Barbee have gotten alot attention & deservely so, but this young lady is just as good, and probably better in alot of ways. She is just in the wrong area of the state where she won't get as much attention because Clarksville is more of a softball town. I think all of us on the AAU circuit knows about Ms. Graves & know she will only get better as she continues to play at the high level of competition the next few years.

What a great ranking for a sophmore. Hoping that all three young ladies stay healthy because it sounds like all three could have been nominated for Miss Basketball this year! It will be fun to watch all three play high school for two more years. :roll: