Miss Basketball Finalists

Ticket

Do you really think that UTM is the only college that recruited Butler??... she had many to pick from... she chose UTM... The difference in Fussell and Butler is that Fussell chose a team that is already on the map... and Butler and the new recruits will put UTM on the map... So don't try to build Fussell up by where she is going to college... Fussell is a great player no matter where she goes... and Butler is also a great player... UTM is a good college and will have a phenominal ballteam for the next several seasons....

Very well said. You have players that aren't even Miss Basketball Finalist or state known that go to big schools like Ole Miss, MTSU, etc. So where they are going to school does not really tell how good of a player they are. In my opinion, if Butler was a little bit taller she could of gone to just about any college in the US. Yes, Fussell is a good player but Butler is pretty good herself. Coming from a school that is neither Obion Co or Gibson Co but seeing both of these girls play quite a bit, Butler is a lot more fun to watch. You never see her trash talking or yelling at her teammates or being cocky with her play. Just shows what a great person and player she is! Heather Butler for Miss Basketball!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing this is an individual award and the other two players are worthy nominees....Heather Butler is a great player and her team has had more success than Chassidy's team has, no debating that...Let's just keep something in mind here....Chassidy Fussell was RECRUITED by and SIGNED with a Big 12 national power...We will be seeing Texas on national TV playing teams such as UCONN, Tennessee, Stanford, Duke, Oklahoma, Baylor and Nebraska (who this year is still unbeaten) and in the NCAA tournament....We will see UTM play some on regional TV maybe but mostly on WLJT-TV Channel 11 public broadcasting (and hopefully a game a year in the NCAA's)......All DI scholarships are special and well deserved but there is a huge difference between what Chassidy has accomplished (big picture) personally (to be recruited by a program such as Texas) and what the other nominees have done.....

I know Chassidy's dad and mom....I went to school with her dad just about our whole time at Union City...I went to school for awhile with her mom before she transferred to OC....They are hard working people that did everything they could for their daughter...They sacrificed and were able to send Chassidy all over the country to play in camps, play AAU ball and have special trainers work with her on her craft...Chassidy did all that and is still a very good student, which in high school is the most important thing.....

I'm sure with her work ethic and the coaching of Coach G at Texas, we will be seeing alot of Chassidy Fussell at the University of Texas the next four years....

She has no trainer, she has a handler........I just get a huge laugh at this. Chassidy deserves Ms Basketball because of HER work ethic and the sacrifice of her parents as you have said. It doesnt matter where you go to college, who you played AAU with, or who goes to the gym with you to watch you shoot.

:thumb:

Do you really think that UTM is the only college that recruited Butler??... she had many to pick from... she chose UTM... The difference in Fussell and Butler is that Fussell chose a team that is already on the map... and Butler and the new recruits will put UTM on the map... So don't try to build Fussell up by where she is going to college... Fussell is a great player no matter where she goes... and Butler is also a great player... UTM is a good college and will have a phenominal ballteam for the next several seasons....

I'd like to see that list..... :thumb:

Congratulations to Fussell...even though the announcer mispronounced her name. She is a great player, but there is a difference in her and Heather Butler. You never saw Butler scream at her team mates on the floor in the 4 years I have wathced them play in 13AA basketaball. Butler always would lead by example and be encouraging. And she has 2 Gold Team Championship trophies! And a AA state tourney M.V.P. trophy. That's what will be remembered 10 years down the road.

This was an idividual award and Fussell desreved it based on how the sytem is set up presently. It just seems strange that you have one who played in 3 State Championship tournaments and helped her team win 2 back to back Gold Balls and the other never played in a state championship, as far as I know. But, that's why its an individual award for the regular season. But don't most teams strive @ the beginning of the year to win a championship? So in my opinion it should include the entire season including through the State Tournaments. (thats just my opionion though) Congratulations Fussell @ Texas as she will do well. Also congratulations to Butler, Reedy & Griffin. You are going to build an OVC dynasty @ UTM! It's been fun to watch you over the last 4 years competing in the toughest district from top to bottom in the state 13AA!

I will take the state championships any day. :thumb:

Congratulations to Fussell...even though the announcer mispronounced her name. She is a great player, but there is a difference in her and Heather Butler. You never saw Butler scream at her team mates on the floor in the 4 years I have wathced them play in 13AA basketaball. Butler always would lead by example and be encouraging. And she has 2 Gold Team Championship trophies! And a AA state tourney M.V.P. trophy. That's what will be remembered 10 years down the road.

This was an idividual award and Fussell desreved it based on how the sytem is set up presently. It just seems strange that you have one who played in 3 State Championship tournaments and helped her team win 2 back to back Gold Balls and the other never played in a state championship, as far as I know. But, that's why its an individual award for the regular season. But don't most teams strive @ the beginning of the year to win a championship? So in my opinion it should include the entire season including through the State Tournaments. (thats just my opionion though) Congratulations Fussell @ Texas as she will do well. Also congratulations to Butler, Reedy & Griffin. You are going to build an OVC dynasty @ UTM! It's been fun to watch you over the last 4 years competing in the toughest district from top to bottom in the state 13AA!

I will take the state championships any day. :thumb:

I wouldn't even go as far as a state championship. What about a Region championship?