Miss Basketball Finalists

Ticket

Are ya'll blind?? Of course gcpioneer, you're going to take up for them because they're your 'babygirls'. Chassidy got double and triple teamed everwhere on the floor. The last thing I am going to say is that MISS BASKETBALL speaks for itself. The most outstanding basketball player in the state of Tennessee is Chassidy Fussell, and there is no changing that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are ya'll blind?? Of course gcpioneer, you're going to take up for them because they're your 'babygirls'. Chassidy got double and triple teamed everwhere on the floor. The last thing I am going to say is that MISS BASKETBALL speaks for itself. The most outstanding basketball player in the state of Tennessee is Chassidy Fussell, and there is no changing that.

LOL, I'm not taking up for my "babygirls" as you say considering all I am is a fan of GC sports. Let me ask.....are you blinde? Gibson Co. never double teamed Fussell unless it was in our press and we were trapping her as the 1-2-1-1 press is set up to do. In our half court defense, it was either Brittney Garner (2009 season) or Courtney Haynes or Heather Butler (this season) guarding her man up.

are you blind?? lol, miss basketball may speak for its self but our girls are gonna have a hand thats gonna be alot heavier then hers, and they are gonna be known as back to back state champs, a team recognition and not personal award.but i mean, whose counting. butler has what, two state champ rings, two all tourny medals from the state champ, MVP of the state champ game. all region, all district lol.. the list goes on and on and on.

LOL, I'm not taking up for my "babygirls" as you say considering all I am is a fan of GC sports. Let me ask.....are you blinde? Gibson Co. never double teamed Fussell unless it was in our press and we were trapping her as the 1-2-1-1 press is set up to do. In our half court defense, it was either Brittney Garner (2009 season) or Courtney Haynes or Heather Butler (this season) guarding her man up.

You are right on this one GCPioneer. Gibson Co. does not double team anyone. They haven't doubled her the 3-4 years I have followed 13AA when she was playing. Sophomore Courtney Haynes usually got that assignment this year. The only reason would be on a trap on the press. This guy has never watched too much of Gibson Co. girls basketball. :thumb:

I'm sure Chassidy will be fine at Texas.....You just don't get recruited by all these Big name schools and not be any good.....For whoever said that she wouldn't do good at Texas: Did you know that she was the MVP of her AAU National Champion team this past year.....Probably not....

All in all, I honestly think the only people that really care who won this thing or not is the people arguing about it on here...If Butler would have won, Chassidy is still going to TEXAS....I'm sure Butler doesn't care she lost Ms. Basketball because she is a 2x State Champion and will be going to UTM next and playing with a team that I think will be great in years to come......

It's over folks....Chassidy won Ms. Basketball....She deserved it......Now, let's move on....

I'm sure Chassidy will be fine at Texas.....You just don't get recruited by all these Big name schools and not be any good.....For whoever said that she wouldn't do good at Texas: Did you know that she was the MVP of her AAU National Champion team this past year.....Probably not....

All in all, I honestly think the only people that really care who won this thing or not is the people arguing about it on here...If Butler would have won, Chassidy is still going to TEXAS....I'm sure Butler doesn't care she lost Ms. Basketball because she is a 2x State Champion and will be going to UTM next and playing with a team that I think will be great in years to come......

It's over folks....Chassidy won Ms. Basketball....She deserved it......Now, let's move on....

Amen...enough already. She won it and its over! Good luck to all who go on to play in college. :thumb:

LU_the_Eagle posted:

"In response to 2. Were you there? I think MOST (probably not any OC fans due to lack of objectivity) people knew she walked. You must honestly be in denial if you believe that only one play causes a team to win or lose.

In response to 3. Give me a break. My wife was a part of a team AT OCCHS that won at least 20 games EVERY year and even made it to the state tournament. 20 wins is nothing at OC. If she played at a non-tradition rich program it might be an accomplishment. In reality, she did NOTHING for her team on the grand scheme of things."

1. Why would you ask that when I obviously posted "I heard" ??...I will say this Russ Barker, on the radio, said it was very questionable...He never complains about the refs..Danny said, yeah they knocked her down...I missed the replay...That's why I'm not going to argue that point....TIFWIW..

2. Saying something like that about Chassidy is puzzling coming from someone with strong OC ties, unless there is an agenda...

P&G-

You are exactly right to say I have strong ties to OC. I was valedictorian and I played football there for four years. I wouldn't change a second of my time with friends, such as your son, for anything. In reality, it is the OC people who have an agenda with my family. That being said, it really upsets me when people try to insinuate that Chassidy put OC girls basketball on the "map". GOOD player no doubt but you know as I do that basketball is not about one person. If I had my way, there would be no Miss Basketball and Mr. Football since they are both TEAM sports. Everyone believes a player should garner the award for different reasons. I feel that the overlying criteria SHOULD (but I am sure is not considering the members of state championship teams that did not win the award in all classes) be team success and leadership in a skillful way. Thus, my view is that she did not do much to advance Obion Central Basketball program to a level that was better than the way she found it, which should be the goal of all players and coaches.

LU_the_Eagle posted:

"In response to 2. Were you there? I think MOST (probably not any OC fans due to lack of objectivity) people knew she walked. You must honestly be in denial if you believe that only one play causes a team to win or lose.

In response to 3. Give me a break. My wife was a part of a team AT OCCHS that won at least 20 games EVERY year and even made it to the state tournament. 20 wins is nothing at OC. If she played at a non-tradition rich program it might be an accomplishment. In reality, she did NOTHING for her team on the grand scheme of things."

1. Why would you ask that when I obviously posted "I heard" ??...I will say this Russ Barker, on the radio, said it was very questionable...He never complains about the refs..Danny said, yeah they knocked her down...I missed the replay...That's why I'm not going to argue that point....TIFWIW..

2. Saying something like that about Chassidy is puzzling coming from someone with strong OC ties, unless there is an agenda...

P&G-

You are exactly right to say I have strong ties to OC. I was valedictorian and I played football there for four years. I wouldn't change a second of my time with friends, such as your son, for anything. In reality, it is the OC people who have an agenda with my family. That being said, it really upsets me when people try to insinuate that Chassidy put OC girls basketball on the "map". GOOD player no doubt but you know as I do that basketball is not about one person. If I had my way, there would be no Miss Basketball and Mr. Football since they are both TEAM sports. Everyone believes a player should garner the award for different reasons. I feel that the overlying criteria SHOULD (but I am sure is not considering the members of state championship teams that did not win the award in all classes) be team success and leadership in a skillful way. Thus, my view is that she did not do much to advance Obion Central Basketball program to a level that was better than the way she found it, which should be the goal of all players and coaches.

LU...I don't know where you think I believe Chassidy put OC on the map...I certainly don't think that...You asked what Chassidy had done for OC...I said about 20 wins a year....The last two years that's what she has meant to the team...I'm old enough to know, and have followed sports around here long enough to know that the Lady Rebel basketball program is going to win games...There might be and exception every now and then...

As far as OC people....Can you really blame them ??...I don't consider myself an "OC person"...I didn't go to school there, I didn't play sports there...As a matter of fact, up until my oldest son went to school there, I spent my time rooting against them...Personally, I'm happy for Audrey....She got to play for two outstanding coaches, won two state titles and earned a DI scholarship....If I had been as personally vested in the OC school system as some of the folks that have followed OC sports all their lives, I can see how they would feel about that situation...You can too right ??...Look at it this way..How would you have felt if Wes Moore had left OC and went to UC to play football or Savion Hayslett had left and gone to play for Dyersburg....It was the same thing with Logan Parker when he went to Dyersburg...His teammates he left behind felt abandoned...I know how I would have felt had MJ Brown left and gone to Humboldt....I don't know what you guys are going through...I know a little bit because of the situation with my youngest son...The thing with him was he didn't even transfer from OC to UC....He had never even stepped in that school and I heard things that people said about him...The only school he ever transferred from was UC to go to OC... :thumb: ...I know of at least one person at OC that didn't ever seem to get over him going to UC for 3 1/2 months....I can't imagine how it would be if he had actually played at OC for two years and then left to go to a rival school...

I'm on your side.... :thumb:

P&G:

I agree that many people are upset about the whole Aubrey situation. My father in law was THE biggest OC supporter there was. He would and did do everything he possibly could to advance the OC program. When the OC administration basically tells someone who gives of his time freely to help that he is no longer allowed to contribute in anyway, what is one supposed to do. I think many don't realize the pain and agony the Reedy family has dealt with over the past three years. When people who call you friends repeatedly stab you in the back, it gets kinda hard to keep putting up with the same stuff. Personally, there will always be a special place in my heart for OC. However, why would I support a school or system that does nothing for me or my family? I guess I am the only one who can see the irony and hypocrisy in hiring Chassidy's trainer as ASSISTANT COACH when my father in law wasn't even allowed to help in any capacity. These decisions by the OC admin as well as others (dealing with football coaches) have really made me resent the OC school system administration.

P&G:

I agree that many people are upset about the whole Aubrey situation. My father in law was THE biggest OC supporter there was. He would and did do everything he possibly could to advance the OC program. When the OC administration basically tells someone who gives of his time freely to help that he is no longer allowed to contribute in anyway, what is one supposed to do. I think many don't realize the pain and agony the Reedy family has dealt with over the past three years. When people who call you friends repeatedly stab you in the back, it gets kinda hard to keep putting up with the same stuff. Personally, there will always be a special place in my heart for OC. However, why would I support a school or system that does nothing for me or my family? I guess I am the only one who can see the irony and hypocrisy in hiring Chassidy's trainer as ASSISTANT COACH when my father in law wasn't even allowed to help in any capacity. These decisions by the OC admin as well as others (dealing with football coaches) have really made me resent the OC school system administration.

I have found the whole Reedy family to be class acts! GC is very glad that they made a change to our district. And they really did make a change - if you know what I mean! lol Anyone who is a parent knows that parents will do what is best for their children. Some will do it the right way & some will do it in any way it takes. The Reedy's did it the right way. The whole family is friendly & respectful! Hope Aubrey continues to succeed on the court at UTM - no doubt, she will be successful in life cause she is a great individual!

P&G:

I have found the whole Reedy family to be class acts! GC is very glad that they made a change to our district. And they really did make a change - if you know what I mean! lol Anyone who is a parent knows that parents will do what is best for their children. Some will do it the right way & some will do it in any way it takes. The Reedy's did it the right way. The whole family is friendly & respectful! Hope Aubrey continues to succeed on the court at UTM - no doubt, she will be successful in life cause she is a great individual!

Ditto :thumb: