Robinson recieves full scholarship offer from DUKE

govols101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are statements from a "dear" friend.

"Please dont confuse get a pamphlet with being recruited. And when you fill out online questionaires they send you info. back.I hope the young man the best but please stop with this major college stuff.

Let me say again. I hope he plays at the next level, hope he has a great year and proves people like me wrong

I think Cody proved you wrong.

Good for Robinson. Duke is a terrific school.

govols101 - just so you'll know, any football or basketball scholarship at the Divison 1 level - that's D1-A and D1-AA (actually now called Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Playoff Subdivision, or something close to that) and all D1 basketball schools - are "full" scholarships. The NCAA doesn't allow partial scholarships in football and basketball at that level like they do the "non-revenue producing" sports (IE, baseball, track, soccer, golf, etc).

NCAA D2 and NAIA schools do give partial scholarships in all sports. D3, of course, do not allow athletic scholarships.

govols101 - just so you'll know, any football or basketball scholarship at the Divison 1 level - that's D1-A and D1-AA (actually now called Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Playoff Subdivision, or something close to that) and all D1 basketball schools - are "full" scholarships. The NCAA doesn't allow partial scholarships in football and basketball at that level like they do the "non-revenue producing" sports (IE, baseball, track, soccer, golf, etc).

NCAA D2 and NAIA schools do give partial scholarships in all sports. D3, of course, do not allow athletic scholarships.

Division I AA (FCS) can give partials. Austin Peay gave some partials this year. :thumb:

Division I AA (FCS) can give partials. Austin Peay gave some partials this year. :thumb:

That has changed in the last couple of years, then. Thanks for that tip. I'll check the updated rules.

I do know that D1-A is still fully schollies only in football and basketball.